2006 Attendance Figures

SoxFanInDallas

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 10:35 AM)
I think a 37,000 average is too high for the south side.  World Series or not.  I can see 33,000.  Which puts us at 2.7 or so.

That's probably accurate, and I'd say that it probably won't go higher than that, even if they win 99 games again. What's the season ticket-holder base projected to be? Maybe 20,000? They'd need to average 37,000/game to get 3 million. Something tells me that they won't average 17,000 walk-ups per game.

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 12:35 PM)
I think a 37,000 average is too high for the south side.  World Series or not.  I can see 33,000.  Which puts us at 2.7 or so.  I just see those august days vs the Royals were we still might only draw 25,000 or so.  I also see early April days when it is 40 and cold as hell that we might only get 20-25,000.

Those sound like good, logical guesses.

Unfortunately, anything short of selling out every game will bring up all the attendance talk and critcism of Sox fans again. Supposedly some Sox fans didn't come to the park partly because the team hadn't won in so long. Attendance in 06 will be very interesting to follow,

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 01:09 PM)
That's probably accurate, and I'd say that it probably won't go higher than that, even if they win 99 games again.  What's the season ticket-holder base projected to be?  Maybe 20,000?  They'd need to average 37,000/game to get 3 million.  Something tells me that they won't average 17,000 walk-ups per game.

Season tickets are around 20K right now. Then you have single game ticket pre-sales. After that you factor the walkups.

We had about 12 sell-outs last year. I'm sure there will be at least 15-20 this year.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 12:09 PM)
That's probably accurate, and I'd say that it probably won't go higher than that, even if they win 99 games again.  What's the season ticket-holder base projected to be?  Maybe 20,000?  They'd need to average 37,000/game to get 3 million.  Something tells me that they won't average 17,000 walk-ups per game.

I think we'll have a better understanding of what the attendance will be after single game tickets go on sale. Before this coming year, it was pretty low, because there wasn't any rush to getting tickets. I could get get good seats to most series a few weeks before the game. This year, I know it's going to be different, so I'll be buying single game tix the day they are released, and I have a feeling I'm not going to be alone.

The end result of this being, you're not going to need 17,000 walkups to sell out. There is going to be a far higher presale this year, which means walkups will be in the upper deck, not the right field stands.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 01:13 PM)
Season tickets are around 20K right now.  Then you have single game ticket pre-sales.  After that you factor the walkups. 

We had about 12 sell-outs last year.  I'm sure there will be at least 15-20 this year.

I heard closer to 23,000...how would we officially find out? Or would we?

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 11:13 AM)
Season tickets are around 20K right now.  Then you have single game ticket pre-sales.  After that you factor the walkups. 

We had about 12 sell-outs last year.  I'm sure there will be at least 15-20 this year.

That sounds like a fair number.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 11:37 AM)
I heard closer to 23,000...how would we officially find out?  Or would we?

Don't know how we'd be able to find out if they didn't announce it, but 23,000 is certainly encouraging. If it's true, maybe 2.8 or 2.9 million paid would be very possible.

Season tickets are around 20K right now. Then you have single game ticket pre-sales. After that you factor the walkups.

We had about 12 sell-outs last year. I'm sure there will be at least 15-20 this year.

[/quote We wil sell out with the cubs, Yankees, Saint louis,Oakland, Boston, Angels and I believe Houston. That's 21 games and then we already have 22000 signed up per game. we have 6 half price nights that were sold out or almost sold out last year. Thar's 27 games close to the max or approximately 1,000,000.

The other 54 games averaging just 25,000 puts us at 2.35 million. I would say it would depend on how bad the sox fans want to see their games. I believe in August and september fans filled the stadiums. I see 6 day games in the middle of the week that we generally don't draw well at. 2.75 million or better.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 03:00 PM)
We've heard "almost" doubled several times from several different folks. That would put us in the neighborhood of 20K to 22K.

I was just curious because the last number I heard was about 20k, 23,000 would be another huge jump over that. 3000 people a game times 81 games equals about 250,000 more people through the turnstyles.

We will still have some dog games vs. the Royals or DRays, but I think 2.75 would be considered an unbelievably great number.

I really think 3 million is a pipe dream because you can't have a drop off in April, May or September or you will never make that figure.

Low game of the year: Wednesday, April 19, 1:05pm vs. KC.

Basically you can take the full-season ticket base and plug it into the paid attendance for that game.

QUOTE(forrestg @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 02:15 PM)
I believe in August and september  fans filled the stadiums.

Actually the September attendance was pretty horrible considering the number of home games. July and August were the best months. Of course that's when the Red Sox and Yankees were in town.

July had an average of 34,417 per game in 13 games.

August had an average of 33,036 per game in 12 games.

September had an average of 27,178 per game in 17 games.

Edited by Iwritecode