Tejada News Part 3

nitetrain8601

Or that he reads this board, and saw it was going to be done. If he didn't say he was going to do it, and there was an 18 page thread on it, it would eventually show up there.

Did you ever consider trying out for the Warren Commission?

Why can't you guys accept that some people have more of an inside track, and that rumors get reported as just that, rumors, and rumors don't always come true?

This site is almost as bad as WSI in terms of holding rumors' sites feet to the fire. For God's sake they are rumors sites, they report things as nothing more than rumors/discussions. I get a big kick out of people here keeping a scorecard of how many rumors come true. If you knew the baseball business you'd know there are tons of things talked about between GM's/agents every week.

Oops I forgot ... the influential people on this board say this guy gets all his info from other message boards ... so he must be a BS'er.

Sorry for my contribution to this thread.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 09:26 PM)
Did you ever consider trying out for the Warren Commission?

Why can't you guys accept that some people have more of an inside track, and that rumors get reported as just that, rumors, and rumors don't always come true?

This site is almost as bad as WSI in terms of holding rumors' sites feet to the fire.  For God's sake they are rumors sites, they report things as nothing more than rumors/discussions.  I get a big kick out of people here keeping a scorecard of how many rumors come true.  If you knew the baseball business you'd know there are tons of things talked about between GM's/agents every week.

Oops I forgot ... the influential people on this board say this guy gets all his info from other message boards ... so he must be a BS'er.   

Sorry for my contribution to this thread.

The fact is this guy had a rumor of Carl Crawford for Josh Fields earlier. Is that not BS? If it isn't KW should be shot for not accepting it. If he didn't get the Tejada rumor off this site, than he reported on this site. First he tells you his "rock-solid" source, his words, has details of players names being thrown out, and then KW has his comments, and all of a sudden his "rock solid" source is on the financial side of things and really won't know about players anymore. If that isn't BS, I've never seen BS. I agree things are talked about that would probably surprise everyone, but this guy is either AndytheClown1 or he got his info from his posts.

The best of MLB trade rumors:

A reliable source told me today about a three-way deal that is "imminent."  It's always risky to throw around "imminent," but I'm just quoting him here.

Here's the scenario:

BOS gives: Bronson Arroyo, Tony Graffanino, PTBNL

BOS gets: Jeremy Reed, Will Ohman

CHC gives: Corey Patterson, Ohman

CHC gets: Raul Ibanez, Graffanino, cash

SEA gives: Reed, Ibanez, cash

SEA gets: Arroyo, Patterson, PTBNL

Solid sources are saying the Cardinals are expected to sign A.J. Burnett soon, and lboros thinks that's the most likely scenario.

A source went to college with Barry Larkin's cousin, Michael.  (Michael is a wide receiver at Miami at Ohio, by the way).  My source was in Cincinnati for Thanksgiving, as was Michael Larkin.  Michael passed along the following info to my source via his cousin Barry.

It appears that Nationals GM Jim Bowden has asked Barry Larkin what he thinks of Cubs SS/2B Ronny Cedeno and for Barry's help with Cedeno's defense if he's acquired.  The Nationals' front office has a covert concern that Jose Vidro is done for his career, and Cedeno would be an ideal safety net at 2B.  Plus, the team wasn't exactly thrilled with Cristian Guzman's horrific season in '05.

Barry Larkin relayed to his cousin that the potential deal was Ronny Cedeno for Brad Wilkerson straight up.  Then the info got to my source, and now it's in your adoring hands.  Believe it if you want to - I think it's on the level.

My sources are saying that Byrd is very likely to sign with Baltimore, although it may take three guaranteed years.

(November)

I've got a source near the Cardinals organization telling me "something big is happening."  Apparently, all company employees have received a memo threatening termination if any information is disclosed.  Luckily, I'm not employed by the Cardinals, so I'm free to gossip

Mark Buehrle To The Cardinals

Disclaimer: this one is pure speculation.

lboros: the Buehrle is pure speculation on my part, but based on two considerations:

He's due to be a free agent in 2007 and almost surely will leave Chicago, as Reinsdorf won't pay big money for him.

Reinsdorf is well known for blowing his teams up. A few years back he even dumped half the team when they were only 3 or 4 games out of 1st place. If the sox aren't doing well at midseason, Reinsdorf may be tempted to get frugal, and get what he can for Buehrle.

This is very sound logic (although it comes from a couple of die-hard Cards fans). 

Cubs Close To Signing Preston Wilson?

I've got the latest Cubs scoop tonight.  This is thirdhand information originating from a baseball scout, but I do think it's legitimate.  The source is telling me that the Cubs are close to signing Preston Wilson. 

If this guy isn't ripping stuff from national papers or posting pointless projections from some roto site, he's posting crap that hasn't happened even though he's very confident in the source.

The fact is this guy had a rumor of Carl Crawford for Josh Fields earlier. Is that not BS? If it isn't KW should be shot for not accepting it. If he didn't get the Tejada rumor off this site, than he reported on this site. First he tells you his "rock-solid" source, his words, has details of players names being thrown out, and then KW has his comments, and all of a sudden his "rock solid" source is on the financial side of things and really won't know about players anymore. If that isn't BS, I've never seen BS. I agree things are talked about that would probably surprise everyone, but this guy is either AndytheClown1 or he got his info from his posts.

You are making some big time assumptions. I can count at least 4 of them in your post. See if you can do the same.

You are putting things together and making assumptions that aren't necessarily so. You understand the baseball business as well as anyone on this site. You do realize the financial side is a big part of the player discussions but might not be the entire discussion, right?

I think people here are so quick to dismiss people but then again you have a few season ticket holders on this site and everyone kisses their respective asses because they post here all the time. The good old boys network. You are a good poster and much brighter than this ... step back and realize the dots you've connected might not necessarily connect.

My favorite...

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2006/01/white_sox_invol.html

My source tells me to look for an announcement by Friday about Tejada, no matter where he ends up.

Isn't Tejada still on the Orioles? DOH! And that info was supposedly from a "a rock-solid source" of his.

Edited by SSH2005

You seem to be taking this rather personally.

Nope I'm presenting a contrary viewpoint to all the SoxTalk reactionaires who insist they're right about this guy.

My personal feeling has nothing to do with it. Where do you stand? You were the Doubting Thomas all year long, I presume you don't believe anything unless it comes true and it's proven to you?

You do realize that many, many things are discussed between agents, sportswriters, front office personnel, associates of front office personnel, etc.? I mean even where you go to school on the east coast I'm sure there are White Sox rumors that take place. Heck I have a friend here in the western suburbs who lives near a Chicago media sportscaster and sees him at parties. That guy hears all kinds of stuff but he doesn't publish it on mlbtraderumors.com . Does that make him a liar?

To go a step further santo=dorf there are all kinds of things discussed at Schallers Pump on a Saturday nite, people who work with people and say things, my goodness, do you mean to tell me all those things are untrue? Or true?

No, I think not. They are mostly rumors. They have some truth, and some level of opinion.

My favorite...

My source tells me to look for an announcement by Friday about Tejada, no matter where he ends up.

Isn't Tejada still on the Orioles? DOH! And that info was supposedly from a "a rock-solid source" of his.

If you read the guy's site, you will see he said it was a distinct possibility nothing would happen and an option was the Orioles holding onto Tejada.

But let's not let what the guy says get in the way of posting stuff on SoxTalk and discrediting him.

It's soooooo not like SoxTalk to jump the gun without knowing the whole story. :bang

And no ... for the record ... I do not know this guy, have never met him, and am not defending him. I do think the criticism of his site is way over the top, very typical of SoxTalk, see: criticism of Guillen this year when he knew what he was doing and 90% of SoxTalk was talking out of their ass.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 10:26 PM)
Nope I'm presenting a contrary viewpoint to all the SoxTalk reactionaires who insist they're right about this guy.

My personal feeling has nothing to do with it.  Where do you stand?  You were the Doubting Thomas all year long,  I presume you don't believe anything unless it comes true and it's proven to you?

You do realize that many, many things are discussed between agents, sportswriters, front office personnel, associates of front office personnel, etc.?  I mean even where you go to school on the east coast I'm sure there are White Sox rumors that take place.  Heck I have a friend here in the western suburbs who lives near a Chicago media sportscaster and sees him at parties.  That guy hears all kinds of stuff but he doesn't publish it on mlbtraderumors.com .  Does that make him a liar?

To go a step further santo=dorf  there are all kinds of things discussed at Schallers Pump on a Saturday nite, people who work with people and say things, my goodness, do you mean to tell me all those things are untrue?  Or true?

No, I think not.  They are mostly rumors.  They have some truth, and some level of opinion.

I really don't have much of an opinion on this site. He could have great sources or he could be a BS artist. It just sounded like you got a little personal with fathom because of this. It really doesn't seem that important to me either way. There will be a trade or there won't be, and we'll see when it happens.

My favorite...

Is his source the owner of the Orioles? I doubt it.

Come on, you are smart enough to figure that out.

I really don't have much of an opinion on this site.  He could have great sources or he could be a BS artist.  It just sounded like you got a little personal with fathom because of this.  It really doesn't seem that important to me either way.  There will be a trade or there won't be, and we'll see when it happens.

I agree he could be totally in the loop or out of it or somewhere in between.

Are you and fathom brothers, I'm just curious why you feel the need to defend him, he does a fine job of defending himself. :bang

QUOTE(JimH @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 11:26 PM)
To go a step further santo=dorf  there are all kinds of things discussed at Schallers Pump on a Saturday nite, people who work with people and say things, my goodness, do you mean to tell me all those things are untrue?  Or true?

No, I think not.  They are mostly rumors.  They have some truth, and some level of opinion.

Come on Jim. How many of those people run their own rumor site? We don't know anything about this guy (which is one reason why people shouldn't jump on him,) but if this guy really has some kind of connections, he would've at least gotten at least one rumor correct no? It's one thing for someone to say "I've been hearing talk of Tejada possibly coming to the Sox," to "My rock-soild source says the White Sox will have an announcement on Friday." Throwing in Broadway's name kills his credibility he has (if any,) and how many people are still considering BMac a "prospect."

From what I've have seen, this guy has no inside info, or he is very gullible by posting information from mysterious people over the internet. He has yet to break a trade before anyone else, and how is it he has a "rock-solid" source for the White Sox, yet he was way behind on the Vazquez and Thome trades? :unsure:

If you read the guy's site, you will see he said it was a distinct possibility nothing would happen and an option was the Orioles holding onto Tejada. 

But let's not let what the guy says get in the way of posting stuff on SoxTalk and discrediting him.

It's soooooo not like SoxTalk to jump the gun without knowing  the whole story.  :bang

And no ... for the record ... I do not know this guy, have never met him, and am not defending him.  I do think the criticism of his site is way over the top, very typical of SoxTalk, see: criticism of Guillen this year when he knew what he was doing and 90% of SoxTalk was talking out of their ass.

The point is that anyone with zero sources could just make up a website and spout the very same BS. We don't know for sure that his site has decent rumors just like you can't know for sure that his rumors have some validity to them. There's nothing wrong with discussing these rumors but I also don't see anything wrong with laughing at them as well.

Also, Ozzie was great last year but not everything he did should have been free from criticism. He did stick with Marte for far too long.

I really don't have much of an opinion on this site.  He could have great sources or he could be a BS artist.  It just sounded like you got a little personal with fathom because of this.  It really doesn't seem that important to me either way.  There will be a trade or there won't be, and we'll see when it happens.

I agree. The site could be valid or it could be total BS. None of us can know for certain so I don't see a problem with believing either way.

Edited by SSH2005

Come on Jim.  How many of those people run their own rumor site?  We don't know anything about this guy (which is one reason why people shouldn't jump on him,) but if this guy really has some kind of connections, he would've at least gotten at least one rumor correct no?  It's one thing for someone to say "I've been hearing talk of Tejada possibly coming to the Sox," to "My rock-soild source says the White Sox will have an announcement on Friday."  Throwing in Broadway's name kills his credibility he has (if any,) and how many people are still considering BMac a "prospect."

From what I've have seen, this guy has no inside info, or he is very gullible by posting information from mysterious people over the internet.  He has yet to break a trade before anyone else, and how is it he has a "rock-solid" source for the White Sox, yet he was way behind on the Vazquez and Thome trades?  :unsure:

First of all when did he say "My rock solid source says the White Sox will have an announcement on Friday". He didn't, not to my knowledge. I believe that assumption is SoxTalk gang mentality connecting dots that don't necessarily connect.

The guy writes a column on Rotoworld. It is the same guy. Maybe Rotoworld is a piece of fluff garbage but you know what, the posters at SoxTalk are way more on the outside than someone who writes for Rotoworld. Personally I take what Rotoworld says with a grain of salt ... nor do I dismiss it or insult it or trash it. I realize it is common practice for many on this site (not referring to you young Mr. Schaller) to make statements that someone is full of s*** or way off base without knowing the whole story (see: multiple game threads 2005) but whether you like it or not ... there are no scorecards with rumors.

Rumors are rumors ... there are a million rumors in pro sports. You guys seem to think if someone reports rumors, either they come true exactly as stated or the guy is full of s***. My point is, there is a huge huge area in between. It is not all or nothing.

First of all when did he say "My rock solid source says the White Sox will have an announcement on Friday".  He didn't, not to my knowledge.  I believe that assumption is SoxTalk gang mentality connecting dots that don't necessarily connect.

The guy writes a column on Rotoworld.  It is the same guy.  Maybe Rotoworld is a piece of fluff garbage but you know what, the posters at SoxTalk are way more on the outside than someone who writes for Rotoworld.  Personally I take what Rotoworld says with a grain of salt ... nor do I dismiss it or insult it or trash it.  I realize it is common practice for many on this site (not referring to you young Mr. Schaller) to make statements that someone is full of s*** or way off base without knowing the whole story (see: multiple game threads 2005) but whether you like it or not ... there are no scorecards with rumors.

Rumors are rumors ... there are a million rumors in pro sports.  You guys seem to think if someone reports rumors, either they come true exactly as stated or the guy is full of s***.  My point is, there is a huge huge area in between.  It is not all or nothing.

Rotoworld mainly uses a RSS News Feeds script to obtain written rumors and news from various online newspapers.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 11:44 PM)
First of all when did he say "My rock solid source says the White Sox will have an announcement on Friday".  He didn't, not to my knowledge.  I believe that assumption is SoxTalk gang mentality connecting dots that don't necessarily connect.

Well, pieced it together from his one article.

A rock-solid source of mine close to the White Sox tells me that the team is "lying in the weeds" and allowing the Mets, Devil Rays, Orioles, and Red Sox to beat each other up with this whole Manny/Tejada 4-way thing.  The White Sox hope that the 4-way deal falls apart because it's too complicated and too expensive.  Presently, it seems that their wish will be fulfilled.

The Orioles want the Tejada deal done soon, and approached the White Sox yesterday with a proposal.  The Orioles asked for Jose Contreras, Juan Uribe, Ryan Sweeney, and a top pitching prospect.  That unknown prospect may be a sticking point, but it can probably be worked out.  Alex Woodson has been previously mentioned in discussions between the two clubs.  It would be a daring move by Kenny Williams to subtract Uribe and Aaron Rowand after winning a World Series with defense as the team's strength.

My source tells me to look for an announcement by Friday about Tejada, no matter where he ends up. The White Sox have their own motivation to wrap things up before the weekend: they'd like to have an announcement that does not conflict with a Bears playoff weekend or the Cubs Convention.

The only assumption I made was the White Sox making the announcement by Friday (hasn't happen yet by any team) and I made that assumption because the next line was about how the White Sox are trying to not be overshadowed by the Cubs or the Bears. That seems fairly logical. If the writer's intent was for it to be known that any team, not just the White Sox, would make an announcement concerning Tejada, then he paragraph was poorly structured.

Did anyone else read it the exact same was as me?

I'm not saying the guy is completely full of it and just throwing stuff at the wall, but where's the announcement?

Edited by santo=dorf

Rotoworld mainly uses a RSS News Feeds script to obtain written rumors and news from various online newspapers.

The key word in your post is "mainly". However neither you or I know what all the sources are, and to portray his site as merely a Cliff Notes collection of the daily newspapers and internet feeds is misleading at best, a misrepresentation at worst.

The only assumption I made was the White Sox making the announcement by Friday (hasn't happen yet by any team) and I made that assumption because the next line was about how the White Sox are trying to not be overshadowed by the Cubs or the Bears.

Be careful with those assumptions my young friend, this is not the 11th Ward. :D

Your dots were connected in your own mind, not specifically what he stated.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 10:51 PM)

The only assumption I made was the White Sox making the announcement by Friday (hasn't happen yet by any team) and I made that assumption because the next line was about how the White Sox are trying to not be overshadowed by the Cubs or the Bears.

Do you actually go to Schaller's a lot like Jim is saying?

It's a good place. I get lunch from there a lot during the Summer.

If you piece the excerpts together, he basically states that his rock-solid source told him to look for an announcement by Friday about Tejada no matter what team trades for him. Obviously, that didn't happen. Although he still has an hour of central time for a Tejada trade to go through. :D

Do you actually go to Schaller's a lot like Jim is saying?

It's a good place.  I get lunch from there a lot during the Summer.

It is one of the best places in Chicago.

Not only does santo-dorf go there, he has a connection to ownership. :D

I have great respect not only for the establishment, but the family as well.

The key word in your post is "mainly".  However neither you or I know what all the sources are, and to portray his site as merely a Cliff Notes collection of the daily newspapers and internet feeds is misleading at best, a misrepresentation at worst.

I don't think I've ever seen a trade rumor at Rotoworld in which they didn't also list a link to the newspaper they found it at or the actual source. And I check Rotoworld A LOT. They also post rumors from guys like Bruce Levine and other radio sources.

Edited by SSH2005

If you piece the excerpts together, he basically states that his rock-solid source told him to look for an announcement by Friday about Tejada no matter what team trades for him.  Obviously, that didn't happen.  Although he still has an hour of central time for a Tejada trade to go through.  :D

Again, key words are:

"look for"

He also subsequently states that an option is the announcement, at whatever time, might be the Orioles keep him.

Things change, you know that better than anyone. After all, here you are posting again. :D