Keeper Leaguers....

Heads22

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 02:17 PM)
ZoomSlowik is starting up a new keeper league if anyone is interested in it.

Leave me out of this. :P

This is another league that has been going for longer. I think Chisoxfn was the commish, but I'm not sure. I'm kind of staying out of this since they should have most of their players.

NOTICE TO MEMBERS OF KEEPER LEAGUE...

It appears that the keeper league is no more. I have only received interest from 5 players from last year, and we are currently operating without a commissioner. This means that those still interested in Fantasy Baseball will have to find a different league. I can either find one of the existing leagues to put you in, start a new league and try to make sure that it is composed of fantasy veterans, or I can try to start a new keeper league. Please let me know. I'll try to contact those that this affects in addition to this post.

Edit- It appears that I am personally going to lean towards starting a new keeper league for the players that are coming back. I'll be getting in touch with those of you that this affects shortly.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

Zoom and I have been talking and I got all the names together from those who played last year, so we'll be having a league, but I think were gonna start fresh with a legit commissioner (ie him, cause well I blew at it).

I could tell you my keepers, but with maybe 3 or 4 new players and us not knowing who the keepers are on that team, my guess is we are best suited starting fresh and running things right from the beginning (with a set of rules for the keeper league and all that good stuff).

I think he'll be PM'ing you, but don't worry, anyone that was in the keeper league last year will have first rights when we restart it this year.

Hopefully everyones still up for it. I know we had a pretty competitive league both last year and the year before. You guys got me last year, but I'm gonna be coming back to win it for the 2nd time in 3 years this time around :)

We will definitely be starting over, with a draft coming up hopefully in early March. I want to change the format a little too, with 5 keepers per team and no limitations (if we're still going after 3 years, I want to add a rule that states that you have to either trade or let go anyone that you kept all 3 years, but that's it). I'd like to do a minor league draft like I'm pretty sure you guys did in the past, but I'm not entirely sure how those work.

Open spots look like they will be few and far between, if there even are any. I've already got the league more than half-filled, and I just came up with the league this afternoon! :o I'm getting a lot of interest from previous players, and it looks like it should be a kickass league. :headbang

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 06:34 PM)
We will definitely be starting over, with a draft coming up hopefully in early March. I want to change the format a little too, with 5 keepers per team and no limitations (if we're still going after 3 years, I want to add a rule that states that you have to either trade or let go anyone that you kept all 3 years, but that's it). I'd like to do a minor league draft like I'm pretty sure you guys did in the past, but I'm not entirely sure how those work.

Open spots look like they will be few and far between, if there even are any. I've already got the league more than half-filled, and I just came up with the league this afternoon!  :o  I'm getting a lot of interest from previous players, and it looks like it should be a kickass league.  :headbang

We never came through on teh minor league draft (s***ty comissioner to blame...ie Me). My thoughts are everyone gets an email addy and we'll have a draft order (we'll do the opposite of the start of the main draft).

So lets say I have the 1st pick in the main player draft well in the 1st round of the minor league draft I'd pick last. And than in the 2nd round of the minor league draft I'd pick 1st and we could just email it around till all the selections are made.

With the major league portion being done live on yahoo.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 11:48 PM)
We never came through on teh minor league draft (s***ty comissioner to blame...ie Me).  My thoughts are everyone gets an email addy and we'll have a draft order (we'll do the opposite of the start of the main draft).

So lets say I have the 1st pick in the main player draft well in the 1st round of the minor league draft I'd pick last.  And than in the 2nd round of the minor league draft I'd pick 1st and we could just email it around till all the selections are made. 

With the major league portion being done live on yahoo.

I have another question on the minor league draft: how exactly do we determine who is eligible for that draft? If we just do ROY guidlines you're going to get some pretty strong picks in the minor league draft that are already on major league rosters. Even if we do guys that haven't played in the majors yet, someone is going to get a steal with Delmon Young. My vote is we wait until late May or June, and then anyone that isn't on a major league roster at that time is eligible.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 08:35 AM)
I have another question on the minor league draft: how exactly do we determine who is eligible for that draft? If we just do ROY guidlines you're going to get some pretty strong picks in the minor league draft that are already on major league rosters. Even if we do guys that haven't played in the majors yet, someone is going to get a steal with Delmon Young. My vote is we wait until late May or June, and then anyone that isn't on a major league roster at that time is eligible.

We could do the draft the same time the amateur draft is done (1st week of June).

The following is the roster for the new keeper league thus far (still some possible issues with the last two spots):

ZoomSlowik- commish

Chisoxfn

Steff

Danman31

Heads22

AssHatSoxFan

Bullard

kapkomet

DBAHO

Chimpy2121

The league ID # is 131310, the password is soxtalk.

Right now it is setup as a standard Head 2 Head league with 5 keepers per team, and the draft is on Wed March 15th at 8 PM. The setup and the draft time is up for negotiation, although I'd really like to avoid doing it on an NCAA tournament day.

Edit- the last two spots seem to be accounted for, I'm just waiting to hear from people. Jason informed me that the old league used weekly transactions instead of daily. Just let me know, I can set it either way.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 12:35 PM)
The following is the roster for the new keeper league thus far (still some possible issues with the last two spots):

ZoomSlowik- commish

Chisoxfn

Steff

Danman31

Heads22

AssHatSoxFan

Bullard

kapkomet

DBAHO

Chimpy2121

The league ID # is 131310, the password is soxtalk.

Right now it is setup as a standard Head 2 Head league with 5 keepers per team, and the draft is on Wed March 15th at 8 PM. The setup and the draft time is up for negotiation, although I'd really like to avoid doing it on an NCAA tournament day.

Edit- the last two spots seem to be accounted for, I'm just waiting to hear from people. Jason informed me that the old league used weekly transactions instead of daily. Just let me know, I can set it either way.

We're starting from scratch, correct..?