Keeper Leaguers....

Heads22

We should have a full roster shortly. We already have 11 in the league, and I'm just waiting on the last person to join. (Get off your ass qwerty! :P )

On another note, I have a couple of questions for the league members. First, should we go with 4 keepers or 5? I know I originally said I'd do 5, but on further analysis, that might be too many. In my last try in a keeper league we were going to do 5-7, and I really only had 7 that I even remotely wanted back on my team even though I won it. I can't read minds, but it seemed like most of the other teams had about 6 guys that were worth keeping. I'm starting to lean toward making it 4 keepers to make things a little more interesting.

Also, do you guys want me to set it for daily transactions or weekly? Personally, I could go either way. I'm active enough to keep up with daily transactions, but weekly means you have to make more choices.

Let me know what you guys think. The second question is a bit more pressing than the first.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 3, 2006 -> 12:26 PM)
I've liked the idea of keeping 2 batters, 2 pitchers, and one pitcher or batter of your choice.

Personally, I don't like requiring people to keep two pitchers for three reasons:

1) pitchers get hurt at a much higher frequency

2) even when healthy, their performances are a bit more inconsistent

3) you need more position players, so you should probably be keeping more of them

Since I've already seen some enthusiasm for that however, that's probably how I'm going to do it.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 07:58 PM)
Wish I could make it.  Got 2 midterms left for tomorrow.  Finished up my last report just now though. 

Gotta do the school stuff.  Ticks me off too, but leagues I'm in I miss the draft and I never miss drafts.

Well, it's only the first year. Plus it's a lot easier to recover from a somewhat iffy draft in baseball than football.

Edit- For a guy that wasn't there, you did pretty well. Thank the computer. :P

Edited by ZoomSlowik

• 1 month later...
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 11:12 PM)
I ended up pretty happy with my draft anyways. :)

^^. I'm shocked I am doing so well this year. I ended up getting all 3rd + choices I had but 2 positions and they are working out well for me.

• 4 months later...

Final standings:

1) Chimpy

2) Alawicious

3) Zoom

4) Heads

5) Asshat

6) Bullard

7) DBaho

8) Steff

9) Jas

10) Qwerty

11) Danman

12) kap

Draft order for next year will be in reverse order of finish.

Start thinking about your keepers. Remember, you can keep 2 position players, 2 pitchers, and another player from either of them. They won't be due until some time during Spring Training, but at least keep a list of your guys (I have a backup, but I'd like to rely on that as little as possible).

Also, I will allow off-season trades. All of your players are elgibile to be dealt, but you will still only be allowed 5 keepers. Both managers simply need to PM me and I'll keep track of it.

I recently realized that we never did a prospect draft like I said we would. This year we will be having one. It will happen some time during May, once we get a feel for which guys will be on major league rosters. All players still in the minors will be eligible.

On a somewhat related topic, I am open to dealing the following players in the off-season:

Justin Morneau

Jermaine Dye

Scott Rolen

Hanley Ramirez

Delmon Young

Ben Sheets

Josh Beckett

Joe Nathan and/or B.J. Ryan (will depend on what I get)

My biggest need is another legit starter, but I will consider any offers.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

Those standings aren't fair, my team won the consolation bracket! lol

My preliminary keepers are Brian McCann, Vladimir Guerrero, Anibal Sanchez, Josh Johnson, and Alfonso Soriano. I'll list Carlos Guillen, Prince Fielder, Dan Uggla, Brad Hawpe, Gary Matthews Jr., Derek Lowe, Justin Verlander, and Pedro Martinez as possibilities so I know my roster in case of a need for change.