Bulls win at Clippers

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 03:02 AM)
I love how leading in Rebounds per minute for a 2 week span is owning people.

How are your math skills? It's been nearly 4 weeks since January 21st. :lol:

Rock, can you hang? Mentally? Sorry for the personal attack. They might have to shut down the thread now.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and I'm guessing Jannero Pargo fans are also huge Ben Gordon fans.  Hey guys, THEY ARE THE SAME PLAYER.  They can't defend, can't pass, are undersized 2 guards, and only have 1 skill; getting hot from the field.  I really wish we'd trade Gordon for something nice like I know we can, because he is never going to be more than he is right now, and that isn't good enough.

Pargo can play defense unlike Gordon. He provides energy. He is a better ballhandler, and can push it up better than Gordon, and even Captain Kirk for that matter. Skiles needs to play him more. He is a valuable weapon. :bringit

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 02:54 AM)
Is Tyson Chandler a better overall player than Elton Brand.  Will he ever be a better overall player than Elton Brand?  He sure as hell should be, since that was the trade.  There are 2 options here:

1. You admit the obvious, Brand is and will always be better.

2. You say "Tyson is going to be better in 4 years and a defensive legend like Marcus Camby since he leads the league in rebounding the last 3 weeks".

I like Tyson, but come on man, your just being silly.

Point blank: f*** Elton Brand. That trade took place 5 years ago. It's been 5 f***ing years. Move on already.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 09:04 PM)
How is it not rational?  January 21st is the date that Skiles finally got his head out of his ass and stuck Chandler in the starting PF slot.  Since then, he has been playing with confidence.  January 21 was the turning point.

Maybe you did not know that.

And again, Tyson wreaking havoc on the boards is a bad thing.  :headshake

It obvious to me and many others that you cannot even be a bit subjective on the subject of your man-crush. Its ok, some people just arent capable of it. I will make sure to compare players only from the moment they "get confidence", because thats when the REAL season begins. Of course starting makes a huge difference in Tyson's performance. I mean last year he only had 10 starts, yet had more rebounds per game, blocks per game, points per game, and less turnovers. But yeah, he is improving , and now that he is starting (32 starts) he is a owning people. s*** from now on, lets just compare players' hot streaks to talk about how great they are. Joe Crede loves that idea, I know it.

Good luck on the fan club. Have a nice day. :cheers

Chandler's season started on November 2nd, 2005 and he has averaged 5.4 PPG and 8.70 RPG since then. Is Joe Crede a usual 1.135 OPS guy because he put up that OPS in September? Picking and choosing stats just doesn't work. I want to see how Chandler finishes by the end of the season before declaring him some sort of stud.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 09:06 PM)
Pargo can play defense unlike Gordon. He provides energy. He is a better ballhandler, and can push it up better than Gordon, and even Captain Kirk for that matter. Skiles needs to play him more. He is a valuable weapon. :bringit

:lol:

This whole sports board has gotten too crazy/funny/moronic lately.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 06:18 PM)
I just want Chandler to turn into a taller semi version of Ben Wallace.  It's already obvious the Clips took it to us in that trade with Brand, and that isn't going to change regardless of what happens from here on out, since Brand can defend (although not at the level of Tyson) AND *gasp* SCORE POINTS!!

But yeah, if I knew this would turn into a battle between the Tyson woodies and blind Tyson haters, with nobody allowing a middle ground of common snese, I'd have never started the thread.

:cheers

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 06:54 PM)
Is Tyson Chandler a better overall player than Elton Brand.  Will he ever be a better overall player than Elton Brand?  He sure as hell should be, since that was the trade.  There are 2 options here:

1. You admit the obvious, Brand is and will always be better.

2. You say "Tyson is going to be better in 4 years and a defensive legend like Marcus Camby since he leads the league in rebounding the last 3 weeks".

I like Tyson, but come on man, your just being silly.

Camby is far from a legend. He's legendary at one thing..getting hurt.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 07:06 PM)

Hate to break it to you, but Pargo is mini Ben and he definately can't play defense. He also is a worse shooter but a little better passer. Ben is much stronger and is a far better driver.

Bens' the better player but with what the Bulls would ask for, Pargo would be a poor man version of Ben off the bench. The problem is Gordon gets boatloads of hype.

He's not a bad player, but he'll never be a great all around player.

The basketball talk around here is f***ing pathetic.

Anything you bring up is f***ing pathetic, tough guy. It's good to see you have one miserable life. How about Chandler for MVP this season? Am I getting better? Chandler straight up for KG?

I didn't see the game, but I'd bet you're wrong on Chandler's guarding of Brand.

The most amusing thing I have seen all year:

Hinrich schools the Clippers for three straight lay-ups, and then, as usual, Ben Gordon figures that he's f*** with Kirk's offensive momentum.  He tries to drive in, and he stumbles and falls to the ground while losing the ball.

I know that Gordon is a wack motherf***er who can only shoot and do nothing else well.  But I come here, and people are talking s*** about Chandler instead.  You know, the guy leads the NBA in offensive rebounding and overall rebounding since he was inserted into the starting lineup against Indiana back on January 21.  His defense has been superb.

And if you're going to talk s*** about his passion and say that Skiles should bench Chandler for a month, you ought to have your head examined.  Stick around, new guy.  You're just itching to get chastised on here.

Chastised by who, you? You kidding? If you weren't so f***ing stupid and miserable you'd have noticed that I had held out hope that Chandler would come around. No, I didn't see last night's game, but I've seen many of Chandler's games since he's come into the league. He's sucked! How long have you been his agent? And, can you tell him something about hanging on the rim while dunking. Tell him to act like he's done it before, K?

Gordon can only shoot? Can he create, too? Why don't you START watching the games once in a while. YOUR basketball talk on here is pathetic.

QUOTE(CluelessJoe1919 @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 10:38 PM)
Chastised by who, you? You kidding? If you weren't so f***ing stupid and miserable you'd have noticed that I had held out hope that Chandler would come around. No, I didn't see last night's game, but I've seen many of Chandler's games since he's come into the league. He's sucked! How long have you been his agent? And, can you tell him something about hanging on the rim while dunking. Tell him to act like he's done it before, K?

Gordon can only shoot?  Can he create, too? Why don't you START watching the games once in a while. YOUR basketball talk on here is pathetic.

Yes, gordon can only shoot... in streaks. He is only a good shooter... but he is a great scorer, and there is a difference. He is a s***ty penetrator, worse passer, way too wild of a dribbler, and defense is lackluster.

Everyone knows how everyone feels about gordon, curry, chandler.. etc. I just wish people wouldn't have to go off for three pages once a certain player is named... which we likely will once you tell me how good gordon is.

No, I'm actually the President of his Fan Club.  Of course I'm gonna get heated when people talk s***.  :D

Again, you evaluate tools, and the sky is the limit for Tyson.

Now that's funny! He's the president of the Tyson Chandler fan club. He's not only the president, he's the founder and only member.

Hammerhead is these fan clubs: John Shoop, Muse Muhammad, OJ Simpson and Robert Blake. One more time: When is this guy going to be any good?

Yes, gordon can only shoot... in streaks. He is only a good shooter... but he is a great scorer, and there is a difference. He is a s***ty penetrator, worse passer, way too wild of a dribbler, and defense is lackluster.

Everyone knows how everyone feels about gordon, curry, chandler.. etc. I just wish people wouldn't have to go off for three pages once a certain player is named... which we likely will once you tell me how good gordon is.

Gordon has a lot to learn. But, he's an exceptional shooter and I don't agree that he's not a good passer. You guys surely do take your basketball seriously here, doncha? Many of you make complete asses of yourselves.

QUOTE(CluelessJoe1919 @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 08:47 PM)
Gordon has a lot to learn. But, he's an exceptional shooter and I don't agree that he's not a good passer. You guys surely do take your basketball seriously here, doncha? Many of you make complete asses of yourselves.

I'm sorry, but Ben has one of the highest assist to turnover ratio's in the NBA and thats coming from a guard. He is easily one of the worse passing guards in the entire NBA. I'm not saying he can't improve, but I'm not gonna be nice. I think he's a good shooter.

Last year he was a great shooter. Of course he has a very poor shot selection and this year he seems to pass open jumpers to drive in and than jack up far harder shots.

I'm not a Gordon fan though. Have no problem with Gordon the person cause I think he's a hard working guy, but I don't think he's the type of player I want. I'd like more Hinrich's and less Gordons (healthy Hinrich's cause the one we have now's shot is off due to an injury).

More specifically I want Pierce but that won't happen.

Hey qwerty, I got a question for ya. Lets say we get the 2nd pick and Aldridge goes 1. If we draft Gay are either him or Deng able to start at the 2 with Hinrich at the point? I'd think Deng would be capable but I don't know enough about Gay.

I guess the only flaw with Deng is that he would have to improve his dribble. Although with a true point like Hinrich we could get away with a not as great dribbler at the 2.

Actually if we didn't get Aldridge I'd love Gay, Deng and Hinrich in the backcourt with us signing or finding a big to go with Chandler while Harrington, Songalia, and Sweetney come off the bench.

Than you have Noc and Gordon (although you'd probably have to deal Gordon to help get the big) and Duhon (he could be the guy thats dealt). Wouldn't be too bad if you ask me, cause I think Gordon is a quality guy to have on the bench.

QUOTE(CluelessJoe1919 @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 08:49 PM)
Is this guy pathetic, or what? HIS basketball talk is pathetic.

Hammerhead may be more biased than most when it comes to Chandler and I realize a lot of people may disagree with him on his feelings on that, but he does understand the game.

QUOTE(CluelessJoe1919 @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 10:47 PM)

Good passer? I do not consider a good passer one that contantly throws behind the player so that they are not able to reach for it... and if they are able to they lose all their momentum. Countless times he has tried a cross court pass and it ends up in the stands. For one, why is a player with his passing abilities making a pass like that? His dribbling is nothing special either. He does the same cross over... over and over. The ball dribbled too high by him and right in front of him... not on the side... to limit the chances of a steal. He is also slow and has no feel for lay-ups or dunking. He is suppose a be such a great dunker... he has maybe dunked a total of five times in a year and a half now.

Gordon is an exceptional three point shooter. Other than that he has a very limited jumper and forces most shots within 18 feet. Many of his threes are actually good shots because he finds a way to get open for them. Also, exceptional shooters do not shoot .415 from the field... they just don't.

We do not have many good shooters on the team, though i would argue songo slime is the best and smartest shooter we have.

Go pargo!!!

Edited by q\/\/3r+y

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 10:53 PM)
I'm sorry, but Ben has one of the highest assist to turnover ratio's in the NBA and thats coming from a guard.  He is easily one of the worse passing guards in the entire NBA.  I'm not saying he can't improve, but I'm not gonna be nice.  I think he's a good shooter. 

Last year he was  a great shooter.  Of course he has a very poor shot selection and this year he seems to pass open jumpers to drive in and than jack up far harder shots. 

I'm not a Gordon fan though.  Have no problem with Gordon the person cause I think he's a hard working guy, but I don't think he's the type of player I want.  I'd like more Hinrich's and less Gordons (healthy Hinrich's cause the one we have now's shot is off due to an injury). 

More specifically I want Pierce but that won't happen.

Hey qwerty, I got a question for ya.  Lets say we get the 2nd pick and Aldridge goes 1.  If we draft Gay are either him or Deng able to start at the 2 with Hinrich at the point?  I'd think Deng would be capable but I don't know enough about Gay. 

I guess the only flaw with Deng is that he would have to improve his dribble.  Although with a true point like Hinrich we could get away with a not as great dribbler at the 2. 

Actually if we didn't get Aldridge I'd love Gay, Deng and Hinrich in the backcourt with  us signing or finding a big to go with Chandler while Harrington, Songalia, and Sweetney come off the bench. 

Than you have Noc and Gordon (although you'd probably have to deal Gordon to help get the big) and Duhon (he could be the guy thats dealt).  Wouldn't be too bad if you ask me, cause I think Gordon is a quality guy to have on the bench.

If we draft gay i see one of deng/nocioni getting traded before gordon. We would be too power forward/ small forward heavy to carry three small forwards. We would get the most value for deng, persoanlly i would want to get rid of him just about last on the team.

Oh great, another Chandler debate.  And it's starting to move quicker again.

Look, he's starting to turn into a decent player.  He's certainly not the best in the league, he's certainly not an all-star.  He has only played a few months with this new contract, and only a few weeks where he's been healthy and finally in shape.  He's had a disappointing season to be sure.  No one right now can tell me they know 100% where his potential ceiling is, and no one can tell me 100% that they know whether or not he'll actually reach it.  If we wanted to win now, Brand pulling in 25 and 10 a night would clearly be better than Chandler.  You'd have to be crazy to doubt that.  Down the road?  We'll see.  Chandler would have his work cut out for him to improve enough to match that.

Anywho, the guy who made that deal is a scout for the Yankees now or something like that, so who cares at this point?  We've got him, he's not terrible, let's try to figure out the best thing we can do with him.  If that's trade him, tell me.  If we can build around him by getting another big guy, let's figure that out too.  Aside from learning from whatever mistakes were made by he who won't be named, which I think Pax has done well (I.e. the drafting of Hinrich, Deng), there's little debate left at this point.  The Clippers won't give us a redo on that deal, so let's just try to figure out the best thing we can do with what we have.  Think Tyson should be benched? Traded?  Play 48 minutes a game?  Tell me why.  But this back and forth "He sucks, no he's great" isn't getting us anywhere.

I"m with you. I'm hoping that Chandler comes around and he appears to be doing so after a horrible start this season. However, this extremely bitter Hammerhead guy, the head of the Chandler Fan Club (wherever that is) is making everyone fire back at him.