Car Talk

Texsox

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 07:56 AM)
Being an owner of 3 consecutive Jeep vehicles, I will never purchase one again.

I'd never buy a jeep either. They got a boatload of build issues. That said, the Wranglers have ridiculous resale value and are supposed to be very good when it comes to off-roading.

Another option would be going with an old school Land Rover cause those are supposed to be very good off road vehicles. I don't know if that would be too pricy though.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 10:56 AM)
Being an owner of 3 consecutive Jeep vehicles, I will never purchase one again.

Is that like this?

Fool me once, shame on you

Fool me Twice, shame on me

Fool me three times, Ill never be fooled again

;)

My buddy dropped at least 4 grand on his Jeep Grand Cherokee in the 2 years he owned it in college.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 09:57 AM)
I'd never buy a jeep either.  They got a boatload of build issues.  That said, the Wranglers have ridiculous resale value and are supposed to be very good when it comes to off-roading.

Another option would be going with an old school Land Rover cause those are supposed to be very good off road vehicles.  I don't know if that would be too pricy though.

I took a long drive up the beach and see a lot of Trackers and Jeeps. Of course being Texas, the F150 fleet was out in force, so maybe a pickup is the way to go. I know my V10 monster isn't the vehicle.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 09:58 AM)
Is that like this?

Fool me once, shame on you

Fool me Twice, shame on me

Fool me three times, Ill never be fooled again

;)

My buddy dropped at least 4 grand on his Jeep Grand Cherokee in the 2 years he owned it in college.

I've had 3 consecutive jeeps. Started out with a cherokee, terrible build, then had a 5.9 Grand Cherokee, nothing but electronic issues. Now I have a Grand Cherokee limited. It really is a great car when its running, amazing 4 wheel drive, comfort, no backseat. But the damn thing has been in the shop many times, had to have the drivetrain replaced, has issues with cupping of the tires. Its just a pain.