IU Coaching News

mreye

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha that will never happen. I put myself on the line earlier, and almost screwed myself, because I didn't mention injuries. However, that ain't going to stop me from doing it again.

If Isiah Thomas becomes coach of IU basketball for the next season, I will ban myself from SoxTalk. I highly doubt he'd be considered. Also, if it happen, it'd be a good thing that I were banned, because I wouldn't want to talk about it. :D

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 7, 2006 -> 08:07 PM)
Haha that will never happen.  I put myself on the line earlier, and almost screwed myself, because I didn't mention injuries.  However, that ain't going to stop me from doing it again.

If Isiah Thomas becomes coach of IU basketball for the next season, I will ban myself from SoxTalk.  I highly doubt he'd be considered.  Also, if it happen, it'd be a good thing that I were banned, because I wouldn't want to talk about it.  :D

"It's crazy enough that it just might work." - Rick Greenspan, IU Athletic Director after hiring Isiah Thomas to become the next men's basketball coach.

:P

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Mar 7, 2006 -> 08:25 PM)
just reading that he's on campus made me throw up a little in my mouth...

Why?

He went to IU and took them to the title in 1981.

He can visit anytime, just not coach.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 7, 2006 -> 09:17 PM)
New sig up, what do you think Zach?

Haha not bad. I can't find the link for it, but there was a cool poster type thing they did for the Sports page of the IDS on Monday, after the Michigan game, w/ a similar theme.

It was a Wanted poster, kind of like the old western ones. It had his "victims" from the season, from Sheldon Williams, Dials, Brown, etc.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 7, 2006 -> 10:11 PM)
Haha not bad.  I can't find the link for it, but there was a cool poster type thing they did for the Sports page of the IDS on Monday, after the Michigan game, w/ a similar theme.

It was a Wanted poster, kind of like the old western ones.  It had his "victims" from the season, from Sheldon Williams, Dials, Brown, etc.

Got the idea from a Facebook group, may be where you saw it.

Hey Rex, if you're willing to wait a little bit, I'd be able to make you something.

I'm going home tomorrow night, and I won't have access to Photoshop until I come back next weekend.

Give me a couple names you'd be interested in having in the sig, and then I'll take it from there when I can use Photoshop again.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 7, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)
Haha not bad.  I can't find the link for it, but there was a cool poster type thing they did for the Sports page of the IDS on Monday, after the Michigan game, w/ a similar theme.

It was a Wanted poster, kind of like the old western ones.  It had his "victims" from the season, from Sheldon Williams, Dials, Brown, etc.

Brian Randle :P

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 7, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)
Why?

He went to IU and took them to the title in 1981.

He can visit anytime, just not coach.

:)

I should be idolizing him now that I'm a Hoosier myself, but being with the Knicks I have trouble doing so.

I do agree though, he can visit, but please god don't let him coach.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 10:35 PM)
Your signature is awesome by the way.  Did I hear facebook?

Got the idea for the title of the sig from an IU facebook group.

Do you go to IU?

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 01:46 PM)
Right now I don't, but I am senior in high school and will be a freshman in Bloomington next fall.

EDIT: Do you go to IU?

Graduated from there in 2004.

It's a great place and you'll enjoy it.

:headbang :headbang

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 10:46 AM)
Right now I don't, but I am senior in high school and will be a freshman in Bloomington next fall.

EDIT: Do you go to IU?

So...if you want to correctly follow the marketing...you can't be red & white any more, you must in fact be cream & crimson.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 01:35 PM)
Graduated from there in 2004.

It's a great place and you'll enjoy it.

:headbang  :headbang

Yea, I've visited a couple times now and have had the time of my life each time. I'm real excited, although having any motivation through the finish line in my second semester of this year is a major concern. Oh well, I'm sucking it up, ha.

By the way, I just asked you to be my friend. Infact, I got anxious to see some IU students so I created my Indiana facebook account.

You have a girlfriend who goes to Bellarmine? My good friend is getting a full ride there for lacrosse. I hadn't heard of it until him. Pretty interesting.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 02:51 PM)
So...if you want to correctly follow the marketing...you can't be red & white any more, you must in fact be cream & crimson.

Perhaps I am do for a name change in the future. Maybe that way people wouldn't snap at me right away thinking my name was for IU and not for the Red Sox (crimson) and White Sox (cream).

What about you, whats your situation Balta?

Here is a pretty good article from Bob Kravitz of the Indianapolis Star on potential candidates. He says Matta has to be the #1 choice until he absolutely says he is out of the running.

I don't like his thought of Kevin Stallings on the "B" list. Lots of interesting names and ideas.

There is only 1 real choice for Indiana

Any chance we can get this thread bumped into the Bracket Banter? It is not specific to the NCAA Tournament, but it seems like it belongs with the rest of the NCAA Hoops talk. Just a thought.

Edited by Rex Hudler

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 04:15 PM)
Perhaps I am do for a name change in the future.  Maybe that way people wouldn't snap at me right away thinking my name was for IU and not for the Red Sox (crimson) and White Sox (cream).

What about you, whats your situation Balta?

IUB grad, December of 02. B.S. in geology.