on the way to work i almost got ran over

hi8is

this time, i got off my bike and when the "walk" sign turned green.... i started walking my bike through the cross walk and when i looked to my left i saw 3 cars turning right driectly into my lane.... i stoped, they went by looking pretty pissed off....

so im standing about 1/3 of the way across the street just thinking, "what the f*** is going on!?!?!"

the thrid car completes its turn, i flip him the bird... look back to my left and see a guy who accually is waiting behind the line and waving me through...

he got a thumbs up. =D

One of the big things I've learned about biking around here is that y ou can't assume that people are going to see you at intersections. And even if they can see you, you can't assume they're going to stop.

I got clipped in the rear wheel about 2 years ago on my way in to school in the morning, since then I've tried to be exceptionally careful at intersections, but I usually still bike across them unless something looks really bad.

since its california, im sure they all have dodgers or angel stickers... all the more reason to begin transporting rotten cantalopes with me on the way to work....

AMMO!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!! AMMMOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediedied

ediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediedie

iediediedie

die!

QUOTE(hi8is @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 12:56 PM)
since its california, im sure they all have dodgers or angel stickers... all the more reason to begin transporting rotten cantalopes with me on the way to work....

AMMO!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!! AMMMOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediedied

ediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediedie

iediediedie

die!

Oh jeez, you live in Cali? Well that explains the drivers right there.

Glad you are still OK.

Do the local arteries have bike lanes out there, like we have in Chicago? Those have been a savior here (though, as Balta points out, you still have to assume people won't see you).

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 11:33 AM)
Oh jeez, you live in Cali?  Well that explains the drivers right there.

Glad you are still OK.

Do the local arteries have bike lanes out there, like we have in Chicago?  Those have been a savior here (though, as Balta points out, you still have to assume people won't see you).

In Pasadena a few roads have marked bike lanes, lots of others have signs which say "Bike route", but you still have to make sure you're careful. There are enough bikes around that most people at least do pass them while driving so it's not going to be a shock if they see you here.

Can't speak for Hi8is's area.