Thomas takes high road in response to Williams

greasywheels121

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 12:05 AM)
REPORTEDLY. Nothings on the record. It's irresponsible for the Inside Bay Area (whoever the f*** they are) to put such remarks as direct quotes without a source. How the hell do they receive inside information that apparently all other media outlets have missed?

Anyways, this may have happened behind close doors. I support Williams here because it's nothing directed in a public venue. Whomever leaked this information, if it's legitimate, overcrossed their boundaries. We critizie Williams for going public with his views, but if he can't even say what he wants beyond journalists and within his own space, where the hell can he be himself?

Exactly. Not only is there no direct quote of KW saying this, but that word 'reportedly' implies to me they are getting this info second hand. Worlhless and journalistically irresponsible, imho.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)
Then why the s***ty comment.. "the truth hurts"..?  :huh

For those that don't know, Jerry advanced him 2 years of salary - thus not really a "loan" - but again.. who the hell does Kenny think he is running his fat mouth about that s***.

Ugh.

Maybe Frank should just shut up, the guy has always stuck his foot in his mouth and still he never learns , my opinion the White Sox should have cut him loose during a road trip just like they did to Carlton Fisk who was/is ten times the ballplayer Frank will ever be, but no the White Sox let him hang through the playoffs & World Series even letting his sorry ass throw out a 1st pitch. Frank Thomas has never been grateful to the fans of the White Sox while all the fans did was stick by him all those years , refusing to play because he had a tantrum, never even trying to make himself a better first baseman because it was easy to just listen to his critics about his fielding and throwing abilities so he just settles for DH, and now of course Jerry reinsdorf and Ken Williams screw Frank. Come on Frank has always been about Frank and the best three things that happened to the White Sox last year were letting Magglio go, trading Carlos Lee and Frank Thomas getting hurt thats when the White Sox became a team and had one purpose to win a World Series I don't think Frank could ever care about that unless he was the star he never could be just a team player.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

If KW said this he didn't say it to a reporter, he said it to a staff member. There would be many things that are not said to the media that if they were printed in the paper would make this comment look like nothing. And BTW, fronting people money on their contract is a loan, although I said all along that was the one thing KW should never have mentioned.

QUOTE(PaulyK14 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 06:47 AM)
Maybe Frank should just shut up, the guy has always stuck his foot in his mouth and still he never learns , my opinion the White Sox should have cut him loose during a road trip just like they did to Carlton Fisk who was/is ten times the ballplayer Frank will ever be, but no the White Sox let him hang through the playoffs & World Series even letting his sorry ass throw out a 1st pitch. Frank Thomas has never been grateful to the fans of the White Sox while all the fans did was stick by him all those years , refusing to play because he had a tantrum, never even trying to make himself a better first baseman because it was easy to just listen to his critics about his fielding and throwing abilities so he just settles for DH, and now of course Jerry reinsdorf and Ken Williams screw Frank. Come on Frank has always been about Frank and the best three things that happened to the White Sox last year were letting Magglio go, trading Carlos Lee and Frank Thomas getting hurt thats when the White Sox became a team and had one purpose to win a World Series I don't think Frank could ever care about that unless he was the star he never could be just a team player.

:gosox1:  :gosox2:  :gosox3:  :gosox4:  :gosoxretro:

This is your brain on drugs folks.

QUOTE(wallyburger @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 01:15 PM)
If the Sox meet the A's in spring training game, Frank and Kenny can meet in CF and start throwing hands. Duke it out. My money is on Frank.

...and please , don't let anyone break up the fight. Sell tix, or whatever. Kenny is going down.

My money is on Kenny. Frank is bigger, but he seems like a sissy. Kenny has a mean streak that Frank doesn't seem to have. I would definitely buy a ticket.