Blackhawks trying to kick own asses

The only thing that gives me hope is that Tuomo Ruutu is still in my eyes a point per game player, Seabrook and Keith are fun to watch, Cam Barker could be an absolute beast, and there are a plethora of skilled forwards in the Hawks system right now playing in juniors....

keep your eyes out for

Blunden

Bolland

Brower

Berti

Bertram

I know all their last names start B's

Veterans Martin Lapointe and Matthew Barnaby got into a scrum at practice, leaving Barnaby a little bloody. Barnaby said he and Lapointe are the best of friends and will probably have dinner tonight. "Loser pays," Barnaby said, "so I'll be buying." Coach Trent Yawney chalked it up to two guys just being frustrated with a disappointing season. The Blackhawk Alumni Association named Lapointe the team's player of the year at a luncheon Monday..

just some notes on the incident

Barnaby, for the most part, has done his job this year. He was brought in to be a royal pain in the ass, and, that's what he's been.

Unfortunately, the Hawks brought LaPointe in to score a little bit, and provide that "veteran presence" -- I'm not seeing a whole lot of results on either end.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 05:57 PM)
The only thing that gives me hope is that Tuomo Ruutu is still in my eyes a point per game player, Seabrook and Keith are fun to watch, Cam Barker could be an absolute beast, and there are a plethora of skilled forwards in the Hawks system right now playing in juniors....

keep your eyes out for

Blunden

Bolland

Brower

Berti

Bertram

I know all their last names start B's

It's the hockey version of the Killer B's.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 09:29 PM)
Barnaby, for the most part, has done his job this year.  He was brought in to be a royal pain in the ass, and, that's what he's been.

Unfortunately, the Hawks brought LaPointe in to score a little bit, and provide that "veteran presence" -- I'm not seeing a whole lot of results on either end.

barnaby's played well this year, but i find it hard to fault lapointe for not living up to unrealistic expectations put on him by the hawks. he's played as well as i would have expected him to play, given the way the game has changed. he's provided leadership on a team full of young players.

at least we've got a new marketing slogan for next year: the chicago blackhawks- not kicking anybodys as but their own

QUOTE(BabyJesus69 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 04:29 AM)
barnaby's played well this year, but i find it hard to fault lapointe for not living up to unrealistic expectations put on him by the hawks.  he's played as well as i would have expected him to play, given the way the game has changed.  he's provided leadership on a team full of young players.

That's a good point, and something I failed to mention.

They did the same thing with Jon Klemm a few years back -- trying to turn a pretty good #4-5 defenseman into your top d-man. Doesn't work, fans get angry.

Hell, same thing with Arny. He's a pretty good #2 center. When he's the BEST center on your team, your team probably isn't very good.

I still don't think I like that trade. Your deprived of centers as it is, so you're going to trade your top center (and, one of the few guys who can put the puck in the net as well as create opportunities for others) for another winger and a draft pick?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 05:26 AM)
That's a good point, and something I failed to mention. 

They did the same thing with Jon Klemm a few years back -- trying to turn a pretty good #4-5 defenseman into your top d-man.  Doesn't work, fans get angry.

Hell, same thing with Arny.  He's a pretty good #2 center.  When he's the BEST center on your team, your team probably isn't very good. 

I still don't think I like that trade.  Your deprived of centers as it is, so you're going to trade your top center (and, one of the few guys who can put the puck in the net as well as create opportunities for others) for another winger and a draft pick?

i don't know where i read that the sen's are not not happy with arny. it was said that the coach was mentioning how he needs to find a different way to motivate arny.

some of the european hawks prospects are doing pretty well. i hope that = a better team, but i do see a big need for some offensive help on first line.

the biggest need for the hawks is to get a different perspective on how to improve the team and for me it is not getting bangers and trying to convert them into something they are not.

QUOTE(LDF @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 02:18 PM)
i don't know where i read that the sen's are not not happy with arny. it was said that the coach was mentioning how he needs to find a different way to motivate arny.

Hold him against a wall in a bar and threaten to kick his ass.