Are You Ready for Year of the Bandwagon?!

LVSoxFan

LV... we know a ton of new "fans" who are thinking they are going to jimbo's on opening night and getting $500 for LD tickets (even though they aren't getting near that on ebay or stubhub). If you have the time to wander the lot for a bit might be worth it to come down. Even for the playoffs you could get tickets just over face outside. These "fans" who are looking to make a buck are nuts thinking Sox fans who care about the game and the team are going to pay those prices.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SnB @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 10:43 AM)
scum of the earth? a little harsh huh?

Try to think of it this way, maybe 25% (maybe higher?) of the fans we "made" last year, will be fans for life, especially the kids. 

Everyone has to start somewhere.

Yes, scum of the earth. Bandwagoners make me sick. I feel you on the kids, though.

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 04:57 PM)
LV... we know a ton of new "fans" who are thinking they are going to jimbo's on opening night and getting $500 for LD tickets (even though they aren't getting near that on ebay or stubhub). If you have the time to wander the lot for a bit might be worth it to come down. Even for the playoffs you could get tickets just over face outside. These "fans" who are looking to make a buck are nuts thinking Sox fans who care about the game and the team are going to pay those prices.

Really? I just might try that. $500? You're right--there's gonna be a lot of people desperate to get rid of tix they thought were going to make them some bank.

Thanks for the tip. I may be at opening day after all! (Er, night...)

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 10:38 AM)
Really?  I just might try that.  $500?  You're right--there's gonna be a lot of people desperate to get rid of tix they thought were going to make them some bank.

Thanks for the tip.  I may be at opening day after all!  (Er, night...)

This morning the CFO (Cub fan who bought tickets for the playoffs) offered us 2 club level tickets for $250 each. He fully expected us to jump on them from the look on his face when we both laughed at him. I told him I would gladly take them and try to sell (give them away) them for him... ;)

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 05:43 PM)
Yes,  scum of the earth.  Bandwagoners make me sick.  I feel you on the kids,  though.

That "scum of the earth" bought you your 2006 Sox.

And how do you expect the Sox to build their fan base? Winning does that. If you never pick up new fans, you won't have this kind of team again.

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 11:44 AM)
This morning the CFO (Cub fan who bought tickets for the playoffs) offered us 2 club level tickets for $250 each. He fully expected us to jump on them from the look on his face when we both laughed at him. I told him I would gladly take them and try to sell (give them away)  them for him...  ;)

[cough,cough] :lolhitting

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 11:44 AM)
This morning the CFO (Cub fan who bought tickets for the playoffs) offered us 2 club level tickets for $250 each. He fully expected us to jump on them from the look on his face when we both laughed at him. I told him I would gladly take them and try to sell (give them away) them for him...  ;)

How much do you expect those to go for?

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 01:16 PM)
At the park on the day of the game, I'd agree with that. But there are people dumb enough to pay a lot more than that online.

Oh, I know. He said what do I expect them to go for.. ;)

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 01:21 PM)
Oh, I know. He said what do I expect them to go for..  ;)

I cannot believe he was trying to jack you for that for club level. For that kind of dough, I expect a seat and a [crude reference to an oral act].

I think you guys are probably right, and I'm this/much closer to showing up Sunday night and taking my chances in the parking lot.

You're also right in that dopey Cub fans and the like overestimate how much real Sox fans will pay for something like that. Just as we don't fill the park when the team sucks, on the other hand, we don't start shelling out rent money for one freakin' game because some greaseball happened to scam the tix ahead of us.

Have a nice time, scalpers! In the parking lot...

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 02:22 PM)
I cannot believe he was trying to jack you for that for club level.  For that kind of dough, I expect a seat and a [crude reference to an oral act].

I think you guys are probably right, and I'm this/much closer to showing up Sunday night and taking my chances in the parking lot.

You're also right in that dopey Cub fans and the like overestimate how much real Sox fans will pay for something like that.  Just as we don't fill the park when the team sucks, on the other hand, we don't start shelling out rent money for one freakin' game because some greaseball happened to scam the tix ahead of us.

Have a nice time, scalpers!  In the parking lot...

Oh, I believe it. That's what he's used to getting for his Cubs tickets. He doesn't know any better.

I think you have a good chance of finding a ticket. There's a chance of rain now. Those snobs wont sit in the rain. :lol:

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 10:51 AM)
That "scum of the earth" bought you your 2006 Sox.

And how do you expect the Sox to build their fan base?  Winning does that.  If you never pick up new fans, you won't have this kind of team again.

You obviously didn't read my previous post. I realize the benefits that come with bandwagon fans. That doesn't mean I have to like them.