Guillen on WSCR right now

G&T

Guillen talking about this not being last year and they have to put that out of their minds.

Jenks is fat and has to throw strikes.

The whole team needed a kick in the ass(my words) at the beginning of ST. Can't come out sluggish. Playing well is more important than winning, especially in that park where it's so tough to judge players.

Guillen has the lineup set, and Pods is not his concern because they have guys to cover for him. Depth is going to help them. They won't lose because of Pods and Hermy being hurt.

If Jenks struggles, anyone could close, including Logan, if that's what needs to be done. Ready to take heat for making decisions that he thinks are best.

Iguchi - looks lost at bottom of order, he sees better pitches at the top of the order, so he should be back at the 2 spot. Will change if he wants too.

The pitching is healthy.

Wants Bonds to break record.

Bonds shouldn't talk so much about his problems but sees breaking the record to be good for baseball, just like Sosa and McGuire.

Attention in any respect is a good thing.

Foreign teams (Japan, Cuba, etc) couldn't beat any US team.

Concerns for the year - None. Iguchi at the beginning of ST, but he's not worried now.

They'll play the game the right way, and they have good guys.

Why is there a captain? Konerko does everything Guillen wants him to do. Buerhle could wear the C too. Konerko never complains and this off season he proved that he cares and respects the organization. The title is over rated, but Konerko earned it.

Everett is jealous so he ran his mouth. He's not a leader, Frank Thomas is not a leader, Willie Harris is not a leader ("Can't lead his own house").

Loved Rowand and can't say a bad thing about him.

Hasn't even talked to Rowand yet because he doesn't have the courage. Really likes Rowand and can't wait to give him his ring.

(They keep saying final question yet the interview keeps going)

Doesn't care about the media, just accepts that he's always wrong.

Ozzie is the boss, and if you don't like it on his team, call your agent and get out.

Confused as to why people didn't like ending the game yesterday in a tie. Only had Lopez in the pen and he was getting sent down. "Blame it on me." Cubs usually don't bring a competitive lineup to Tucson and had to send a letter to MLB to make them bring a better one. Doesn't get why anyone is mad.

Last year he was so sad about the collapse that he really did want to quit. All the criticism wasn't fair to the club because they were trying so hard.

He's not here for money and didn't want to bother with all that.

Bobby Cox is not good looking, but he's a smart man.

Good interview by B&B

Edited by G&T

QUOTE(G&T @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 05:25 PM)
Hasn't even talked to Rowand yet because he doesn't have the courage. Really likes Rowand and can't wait to give him his ring.

(They keep saying final question yet the interview keeps going)

Doesn't care about the media, just accepts that he's always wrong.

Ozzie is the boss, and if you don't like it on his team, call your agent and get out.

Confused as to why people didn't like ending the game yesterday in a tie. Only had Lopez in the pen and he was getting sent down. "Blame it on me." Cubs usually don't bring a competitive lineup to Tucson and had to send a letter to MLB to make them bring a better one. Doesn't get why anyone is mad.

Last year he was so sad about the collapse that he really did want to quit. All the criticism wasn't fair to the club because they were trying so hard.

He's not here for money and didn't want to bother with all that.

Bobby Cox is not good looking, but he's a smart man.

Good interview by B&B

He should quit being a pussy and call Rowand up.

QUOTE(G&T @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 03:25 PM)

Do you think this means Rowand might be at the ring ceremony? Or does the manager always give the rings to former players?

QUOTE(Chisox_fan @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 06:36 PM)
Do you think this means Rowand might be at the ring ceremony? Or does the manager always give the rings to former players?

I really don't know, but it kinda sounded like Rowand might be there, but I really don't how how he meant that comment besides that he loves Rowand.

BTW, Widge and AJ love Logan.

Widger said that Pierzynski was raving about Boone Logan saying that he had to make the roster. Widger finally caught him and said that he throws first-pitch strike every time. He's a quiet dude but he just keeps throwing strikes. Widger says that with his delivery and control he could be in the majors for a long, long time.

Great concise update G+T, nice job, thank you. I listened to the interview and it seemed like B+B needed to go to a break but Ozzie was in no hurry to finish the interview. Great interview, I thought it was funny when he said the Cubs were absolutely ok with the game ending after 9 innings ... when they were losing. Then when they tied it up, Dusty Baker was all "lots of people are gonna be mad".

So Ozzie said "blame it on me then". :bang

QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 06:50 PM)
Great concise update G+T, nice job, thank you.  I listened to the interview and it seemed like B+B needed to go to a break but Ozzie was in no hurry to finish the interview.  Great interview, I thought it was funny when he said the Cubs were absolutely ok with the game ending after 9 innings ... when they were losing.  Then when they tied it up, Dusty Baker was all "lots of people are gonna be mad".

So Ozzie said "blame it on me then".  :bang

Dusty and the Cubs contradicting themselves? Imagine that.

QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 06:50 PM)
Great concise update G+T, nice job, thank you.  I listened to the interview and it seemed like B+B needed to go to a break but Ozzie was in no hurry to finish the interview.  Great interview, I thought it was funny when he said the Cubs were absolutely ok with the game ending after 9 innings ... when they were losing.  Then when they tied it up, Dusty Baker was all "lots of people are gonna be mad".

So Ozzie said "blame it on me then".  :bang

You're very welcome.