AL Central Central

greasywheels121

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ronnie Belliard - 2B - Indians

Ronnie Belliard is making his first start at third base since 2002 against the Twins on Friday night.

Though he's seen plenty of time at third in winter ball, Belliard hadn't played anywhere other than second base in a major league game since 2002. This would seem to indicate that the Indians are beginning the process of phasing out Aaron Boone. Joe Inglett is starting at second base tonight. By Aug. 1, Andy Marte could be a mainstay in Cleveland's lineup. Jul. 14 - 6:54 pm et

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 09:51 PM)
4 wins in a row for the Twins

6-3 beat the D Rays

6 games behind the Sox now. eep.

Jim, come on now, you guys are supposed to be like the Tigers and fold down the stretch. That's how this works, duh, don't you know? :P

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 10:31 PM)
well, its nots going to be pretty Rondell White is goign to be playing left feild

*ducks*

btw, tommorrow its Liriano -vs- Kazmir

great young lefty pitching matchup

I am officially not doing anything tomorrow with anyone but me and my TV

As someone who got to see White last year with the Tigers, I can tell you seeing him in the outfield is a nightmare.

He's not really *bad* defensively, just his shoulder is so destroyed he has basically no arm, and he'll likely suffer a season ending injury the first time he dives for a ball.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)
I don't know why the Tribe didn't try to deal Aaron Boone early in the season. Heck, they could probably still get something from San Diego for him.

I saw that the Tribe lost again last night

are they going to have a fire sale? and when does it start?

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 06:33 PM)
Who the hell is this Tyner kid in Minnesota? Guy is hitting .393

You need to brush up on your no-name baseball players. Jason Tyner is a journeyman OF who spent a few years in the majors with the D-Rays, last year he hit pretty damn well for the Twins and he seems to be doing the same this year.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 05:33 PM)
Who the hell is this Tyner kid in Minnesota? Guy is hitting .393

Tyner is a buck sixty soaking wet...but he can play.

Slap hitter that can run with the best of them..ideal role/bench player....decent starter in stretch's.

Here come the Twins

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 07:37 PM)
You need to brush up on your no-name baseball players. Jason Tyner is a journeyman OF who spent a few years in the majors with the D-Rays, last year he hit pretty damn well for the Twins and he seems to be doing the same this year.

Wasn't he on Texas too? I might be wrong though. IIRC, Tyner is a good small ball guy with a good amount of speed and bunting ability. That being said, I could be confusing him with someone else.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 08:09 PM)
Wasn't he on Texas too? I might be wrong though. IIRC, Tyner is a good small ball guy with a good amount of speed and bunting ability. That being said, I could be confusing him with someone else.

I dont know about being on Texas, but that pretty much descibes him

He was left off the opening day roster and had a chance to sign elsewhere this spring, but took an assingment for Rochester. IIRC, he made the AAA All Star team and was called up right after that when all the Twins outfeild went down

He was up last year as a Sept call up, slapped the ball around and made quite a few fans with his hustle

I dont know if he is an everyday player, but hes been getting some clutch slap hits in the short time he has been up

Tonights game against the Tribe was fugly. The home ump was inconistent, in fact Fatboy sabathia got ejected for yelling at the ump . But it didnt matter because Wedge already gave him the hook

The Twins may have won, but Carlos Silva still remains very hittable and probably should not be in the rotation. He started, the offense gave him 9 runs and didnt make it to the 5th