Charlotte @ Toledo - 7 ET

Nik Lubisich vs. Zach Miner

West Tennessee @ Birmingham - 8:05 ET

Carlos Marmol vs. Lance Broadway

Kinston @ Winston-Salem - 7 ET

Scott Lewis vs. Wes Whisler

Kannapolis @ Rome - 7 ET

Noe Rodriguez vs. Jairo Cuevas

More happened in the top of the 1st, than the whole of last nights game..

Owens reached on throwing error

Owens steals 2nd base

Gonzalez groundout to 2nd, Owens to 3rd

Sweeney groundout to 2nd, Owens scores 1-0.

Fields doubles to right/center

Fields steals 3rd base

Rivera walks

Fields caught in rundown between 3rd and home.

1-0 mid 1st

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 05:06 AM)
I'm expecting a big year out of Broadway this year.  He was tired last season for us.  I still have some doubts about him but he has a real good feel and a damn good spike curve.

With a good season he can be the B-Mac of the team from 2005. Id say 06 but I dont think they would want to stunt his growth that much.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 10:37 PM)
With a good season he can be the B-Mac of the team from 2005.  Id say 06 but I dont think they would want to stunt his growth that much.

I'm not near ready to put him in the same sentence as Bmac. Its been a long time since we had a pitching prospect of his caliber.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 05:06 AM)
I'm expecting a big year out of Broadway this year.  He was tired last season for us.  I still have some doubts about him but he has a real good feel and a damn good spike curve.

Would I be correct in saying that Broadway's ceiling probably isn't that high? I mean, even if he has a great year, it just doesn't seem like he's the type of guy who's got the potential to be a top of the rotation starter.

Of course, that's certainly not a bad thing -- if Broadway develops into a #3-4 type who will give you innings along with an ERA around 4.25 every year, I think that'd be a good payoff for a mid-first round pick.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 09:12 AM)
Would I be correct in saying that Broadway's ceiling probably isn't that high?  I mean, even if he has a great year, it just doesn't seem like he's the type of guy who's got the potential to be a top of the rotation starter.

Of course, that's certainly not a bad thing -- if Broadway develops into a #3-4 type who will give you innings along with an ERA around 4.25 every year, I think that'd be a good payoff for a mid-first round pick.

He does have that cuve which is a plus plus pitch. But right now I think its too hard to make projections. He'd be one of those aces that doesn't blow you away with stuff, but if he can improve his changeup (and considering that our org is really becoming good at teaching the change, I think there is a good chance at that) he could really turn into a pretty damn good prospect.

He's got a solid fastball which he can control, his curve is freaking filthy, if he can mix in a good to plus change with that in time and command all 3 pitches thats enough to be a #2 or so starter in this league.

Sure he won't have the arm scouts ooze over but being able to throw 3 good pitches for strikes worked good for Bmac. Actually Bmac and Broadway have similar stuff. You got to remember up until Bmac really refined his change, his curve was considered a plus pitch (and still is pretty good) but his changeup blew past that and he can spot his fastball.

They both have similar velocity and similiar stuff, can Broaday become that type of control guy and find a grip that works on his change.

Can someone help me? For whatever reason, I can't watch the Charlotte/Toledo game on MiLB.com. Err actually -- I can't find the link for the video feed. Where, exactly, is it at? I tried clicking on the headline, and that didn't work.

BTW -- Haeger pitched well. 7+ scoreless innings, with six K's. Gave up just one hit, with two BBs. Tracey is pitching with the bases loaded right now in a tie game.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 10:02 PM)
Bham, did you move to Phoenix?  Didn't you have family out there?  How the hell are the Barons going to make it financially without your season ticket revenue?  lol

Oh Jim and Jonathan both begged me to stay but man I enjoy it out here. It was funny becuase last year I got my season ticket then I got the Scoring job so I pretty much gave away my season ticket last year. First Dback game when Bonds comes calling I believe the 20th

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 10:14 PM)
Oh Jim and Jonathan both begged me to stay but man I enjoy it out here.  It was funny becuase last year I got my season ticket then I got the Scoring job so I pretty much gave away my season ticket last year.  First Dback game when Bonds comes calling I believe the 20th

Were you the Official Scorer up in the pressbox? I know they were looking for someone last year before the season, but if you were, I never put two and two together.

Good luck in Phoenix. It is nice out there.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 08:39 PM)
Were you the Official Scorer up in the pressbox?  I know they were looking for someone last year before the season, but if you were, I never put two and two together. 

Good luck in Phoenix.  It is nice out there.

Nope I was with Stats INC and Minor League Baseball. I sat with the pitchers and the families behind the plate top row 13 last 2 seats.

By the way Baj said that Bull signed on with Toronto Blue Jays and with New Hampshire Fisher Cats.

Edited by BHAMBARONS