Scary Indians... Even Scarier Tigers

Hanky Panky

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 11:04 PM)
This incredible Tigers offense has also faced the dominating pitching staffs of the Kansas City Royals and the Texas Rangers.

Kevin Millwood is the first MLB pitcher they faced so far this season, and personally I'm glad they whooped his ass. I'm a Millwood hater

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2006 -> 03:04 PM)
This incredible Tigers offense has also faced the dominating pitching staffs of the Kansas City Royals and the Texas Rangers.

These are the starting pitchers they have faced so far;

Scott Elarton

Joe Mays

R.A Dickey

John Koronka

Kevin Millwood

Count me unimpressed. They also only have 10 BB's in 153 AB's so far. They can't hit .327 forever.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 9, 2006 -> 01:46 AM)
These are the starting pitchers they have faced so far;

Scott Elarton

Joe Mays

R.A Dickey

John Koronka

Kevin Millwood

Count me unimpressed. They also only have 10 BB's in 153 AB's so far. They can't hit .327 forever.

Dickey had one of the worst outings ever. He was throwing a knuckler that looked like he was throwing out the first pitch for a charity, it was ridiculous.

The Tigers always had a good offense, and it has definitely looked better due to the opposing pitchers.

Still way to early to make judgements on anyone.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Apr 9, 2006 -> 07:13 PM)
Dickey had one of the worst outings ever.  He was throwing a knuckler that looked like he was throwing out the first pitch for a charity, it was ridiculous.

The Tigers always had a good offense, and it has definitely looked better due to the opposing pitchers.

Still way to early to make judgements on anyone.

There's no doubt their offense has improved. But they've got a lot of name players who have based their offensive output on 1 or 2 good seasons.

For example, Maggs was great for us no question. But he's not a good power hitter at Comerica at all. He has 3 HR's in something like 300 AB's there. Pudge had an OBP of .290 last season. But at least he's shown a propensity a walk a little more so far, but can he do it for a whole season? Can Shelton keep up his torrid pace?

I'll wait until they start facing some aces on other team staff, before I can tell whether or not their offense has seriously improved to another level.

The Tigers obviously aren't going to hit .327 all year, but their line-up is pretty impressive, especially if Ordonez and Rodriquez get back to at least close to normal levels. They both have added back a lot of the weight they lost last year. Their pitching potentially can be decent, and with Leyland around, I think their attitude will be better. They definitely won't be the pushovers they have been in the past, when the Sox struggled with them, although the Sox played them well laster year IIRC.

I'll say this much after talking with 20-25 fans from other teams this year, they all said the Tribe would be up in the thick of it in the Central. I think its no surprise to see the Tribe going 5-1 in the first week, maybe record wise, but they way they have played, not a surprise. Hafner-Sizemore-Martinez were all solid last year. Johnson may be the biggest surprise, but when you pitch in Motown, you will have problems.

I guess the Tigers may be a bit of a surprise, but again its 1 week! Shelton hit over .300 I beleive last year, so his hot start isn't really shocking on my part.

Give it until June 1st and I think you will see the Sox and Tribe solidly back at the top of the Central.

Nice

Broom.gif

Tribe

GoTribe

----Beuhrle pitched great today! I hope to see this throughout the year! He looked like a true CY-YOUNG Today!----

A week into the season, and I am still pretty much sticking with my same view of the AL Central....

The Sox have improved as a team, though they weren't there mentally for a few games. The Indians will be good, but not as good as last year. The Twins will be awful, and so far they are. Tigers and Royals will be improved teams, and they are showing it, though they will both fade down the stretch. Finish will likely be: CWS, CLE, DET, KC, MIN (although DET/KC/MIN will all finish close to each other, hovering at or a little below .500).