ACT Jitters

SoxFan1

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ May 22, 2006 -> 02:07 PM)
i am sorry to tell you your ACT score needs to be below 18 in order to post on this site you have 24 hours to vacate the site :P

Haha, guess I better leave then. :lol

QUOTE(SnB @ May 22, 2006 -> 08:22 AM)
congrats keed

Thanks snb.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ May 7, 2006 -> 06:22 PM)
I was always taught that SATs was more important, but it appears more schools value the ACT these days. That's good news for me I guess because everyone in my school has been raking the ACTs with 30's and above.

When I graduated SATS were the big thing, but now I found out people get 2000's (and i look puzzled thinking 1600 was a perfect score). Apparently things changed. I remember taking both the SAT's and the SAT II's.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 21, 2006 -> 06:23 PM)
So while I was fly-fisghin in Wisconsin, I get a call from my sis. Yes, the package has arrived and I got....

:drumroll:

a 26! Whoot!

Congrats Slav :cheers :drink

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 23, 2006 -> 01:10 AM)
So I was wrong, how could this happen? :crying

Seriously though, very good job and congrats.

You can redeem yourself by predicting my PACT score

I'm hoping I pulled something in the teens at least. ;)

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 23, 2006 -> 08:48 PM)
I got a 28. UIUC rejected me, Purdue and MSU accepted me. Indiana, Iowa and Minnesota also rejected me. You should re-take it in the fall.

A 26 is absolutely fine to get in most schools including the ones you listed.

A 26 on the ACT, along with a 3.8 gpa on a 4 scale, got me $60,000 from USouth Carolina over 4 years (Got rid of the out-of-state fee and an aditional $3,000 a year) and about the same from Ohio University.

It also got me into FSU, but I did not receive as much money there. However, I still choose FSU because my parents will be moving to Florida this summer or next (so I will be getting at least two years of the in-state tuition).

The only school that I applied to that I did not get in to was the University of Florida (even though I did hear they have a horrible out-of-state acceptance rate).

I'm sure you'll be fine with your score.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ May 23, 2006 -> 09:16 PM)
A 26 on the ACT, along with a 3.8 gpa on a 4 scale, got me $60,000 from USouth Carolina over 4 years (Got rid of the out-of-state fee and an aditional $3,000 a year) and about the same from Ohio University.

It also got me into FSU, but I did not receive as much money there. However, I still choose FSU because my parents will be moving to Florida this summer or next (so I will be getting at least two years of the in-state tuition).

The only school that I applied to that I did not get in to was the University of Florida (even though I did hear they have a horrible out-of-state acceptance rate).

I'm sure you'll be fine with your score.

That sounds good. I got a 25 nd my GPA is 3.7 on a 4 pt scale. Last I've heard, a senior at my school got a full-paid scholarship with a 21/3.9 GPA. I'd say my chances are ok. Now that I got my score, I'll be less tentative and maybe broaden my choice. I plan on applying to at least 4 schools.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 23, 2006 -> 10:35 PM)
That sounds good. I got a 25 nd my GPA is 3.7 on a 4 pt scale. Last I've heard, a senior at my school got a full-paid scholarship with a 21/3.9 GPA. I'd say my chances are ok. Now that I got my score, I'll be less tentative and maybe broaden my choice. I plan on applying to at least 4 schools.

Are you a first generation college student in your family? Sometimes that can add money to the scholarship pot (and help you get in).

QUOTE(CubsSuck1 @ May 23, 2006 -> 11:22 PM)
score came in the mail today... 32 with an unexpected 36 on science :bringit

Nice job, I got a 32 overall, as well. But, I did my best work in the math with a 36, I always hated the science because half the time, the questions were just messed up.

Because I was a documented A.D.D. case, I qualified to take my ACT tests untimed. I viewed it as a normal day, I tested pretty well on the timed PACT, but was kind of off my game on the ACT day, but ended up with a 23.

I could have done a retake, but it was good enough to get into any visual art program I'd ever want to apply for, so I called it good.

I think there are some things you can do to get ready for the ACT and SAT, but as they are cumulative knowledge and a test of how you learn and solve problems as much as the content, I don't think there is much you can do to cram for them.

QUOTE(Soxy @ May 23, 2006 -> 11:11 PM)
Are you a first generation college student in your family? Sometimes that can add money to the scholarship pot (and help you get in).

Depends on "first generation." My older sister was the 1st to go to college. She graduated from Western Illinois in 2001.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ May 23, 2006 -> 11:16 PM)
Congrats SF1. Just wondering, what percentile is that in?

May 31 is the day I get my SAT results back.

That was the 86th percentile.

QUOTE(CubsSuck1 @ May 23, 2006 -> 11:22 PM)
score came in the mail today... 32 with an unexpected 36 on science :bringit

Congratulations, damn nerd! :P

QUOTE(CubsSuck1 @ May 24, 2006 -> 03:36 PM)
Im takin it again in june, maybe I can bump my reading score up from a 28. Maybe if they didnt pick the most boring crap to make you read.

I take back my congratulations. Douchebag. :angry: :D

Edited by SoxFan1