Favre Returns for '06

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 08:18 PM)
I dont mind if manning would break the record. But no way in hell Id like to see the queen of soap operas get it.

TO isnt a QB, and plus Favre doesnt play the game for breaking records.

Edited by Spod=Ratings

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 10:24 PM)
TO isnt a QB, and plus Favre doesnt play the game for breaking records.

Are you going to try and say that this whole ordeal of whether Favre was going to play or not and the amount of time it took to make the decision was not a soap opera? They extended his deadline like 2 or 3 times. That's freaking ridiculous.

Calling him the queen may be a bit over the top, because there may be others you can argue(although at this point, I can't think of any off the top of my head), but that doesn't mean it was not a soap opera.

Also, a queen is inferior to a king.

Therefore:

King of soap operas = TO

Queen of soap operas = Favre

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 06:04 PM)
Are you going to try and say that this whole ordeal of whether Favre was going to play or not and the amount of time it took to make the decision was not a soap opera?  They extended his deadline like 2 or 3 times.  That's freaking ridiculous.

Calling him the queen may be a bit over the top, because there may be others you can argue(although at this point, I can't think of any off the top of my head), but that doesn't mean it was not a soap opera.

Also, a queen is inferior to a king.

Therefore:

King of soap operas = TO

Queen of soap operas = Favre

No

King of soap operas=Bonds

Queen=TO

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 06:56 PM)
OK then Favre is the f***in prince, what difference does it make

Becasue guys like TO want the attention Favre doesn't and if you had a decsion to make it may take you a while as well. This was going to affect the rest of his life,a nd you know what he made it before the draft, so he doesnt deserve all this crap he gets.

Edited by Spod=Ratings

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 10:52 PM)
Becasue guys like TO want the attention Favre doesn't and if you had a decsion to make it may take you a while as well. This was going to affect the rest of his life,a nd you know what he made it before the draft, so he doesnt deserve all this crap he gets.

Commas never hurt anybody.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 09:58 PM)
Commas never hurt anybody.

I know,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, thats why i used 2 of them.

Oh yeah and i was just trying to think why you would hate Favre. I came up with this. Its all jealousy, you wish you could have a QB like favre. Let's see what do you want in a QB.

1. Durability.

Favre-Greatest of all time at that.

Bears-They got a QB made of glass in Grossman, a QB who just came off a

season ending Injury, and Orton

2.Talent

Favre- 3 MVP's, Top 5 in QB Wins, Top 5 in Passing TDs, Top 5 in Passing Yards

Bears-Having a habit of throwing more INTs then TDs, no MVP, nothing really

3.Character

Favre-Great Guy does a lot of charity events

Bears-They are good guys as well so its about even.

4.Winning

Favre-

3 MVP awards

1 Super Bowl title

Two NFC titles

Six division crowns

10 playoff berths

12 winning seasons

Bears-

I dont think they have any QB that started and won a playoff game.

Facts are Facts.

Edited by Spod=Ratings

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 11:32 PM)
I know,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, thats why i used 2 of them.

Oh yeah and i was just trying to think why you would hate Favre. I came up with this. Its all jealousy, you wish you could have a QB like favre. Let's see what do you want in a QB.

1. Durability.

2.Talent

3.Character

4.Winning

Favre-

3 MVP awards

1 Super Bowl title

Two NFC titles

Six division crowns

10 playoff berths

12 winning seasons

Bears-

Facts are Facts.

Though, Favre may be an upgrade of what the Bears have for 2006 . But, it is not so significant where it would merit any jealusy at all. I won't deny what Favre has accomplished, a Hall of fame career. But you are dillusional if you expect him to play near the level that earned him the Label FUTURE HALL OF FAMER. With that O-Line you guys have, he will spend more time on his back then the Endzone.

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 10:32 PM)

1. Durability.

2.Talent

3.Character

4.Winning

Favre-

3 MVP awards

1 Super Bowl title

Two NFC titles

Six division crowns

10 playoff berths

12 winning seasons

Bears-

Facts are Facts.

Wow, congrats on comparing some 20 year old QB's vs a future hall of famer. I bet this argument took alot of research on your part.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 08:46 AM)
Wow, congrats on comparing some 20 year old QB's vs a future hall of famer.  I bet this argument took alot of research on your part.

Didnt realize Griese was 22. Also i am just wondering why most bears fans dislike him so much.

Edited by Spod=Ratings

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 11:03 AM)
Didnt realize Griese was 22. Also i am just wondering why most bears fans dislike him so much.

Nice try

"Bears-They got a QB made of glass in Grossman, a QB who just came off a

season ending Injury, and Orton."

Hmmm, I guess you really meant Griese there huh? Seriously, lets just compare one of the all time greats vs some 20 year olds, it really makes a point stick. Congrats on your revelation.

Why do bear's fans hate Favre? Are you really serious about that? He has spanked the Bears and Bear fans every year he has played in the NFL. He plays for our biggest rival and has made it one-sided almost his whole career. Should we love him for that? Throw him a party perhaps?

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 09:20 PM)
Good. As long as the Bears still win the division, that just means a lower draft pick for the Packers. I'll be real happy if they suck, since in addition to the pleasure of seeing them suck, Aaron Rodgers will have been blocked another year

So does anyone here seriously think that Aaron Rogers would put the Packers in a better position to win at any time in his career if he were to start all 16 games next year?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 11:21 AM)
Nice try

"Bears-They got a QB made of glass in Grossman, a QB who just came off a

season ending Injury, and Orton."

Hmmm, I guess you really meant Griese there huh?  Seriously, lets just compare one of the all time greats vs some 20 year olds, it really makes a point stick.  Congrats on your revelation.

Why do bear's fans hate Favre?  Are you really serious about that?  He has spanked the Bears and Bear fans every year he has played in the NFL.  He plays for our biggest rival and has made it one-sided almost his whole career.  Should we love him for that?  Throw him a party perhaps?

I was talking about Griese, i just didnt put his name that's why i said and Orton. Next time read it carefully. Also if that's why you hate Favre thats fine with me, but the majority says he sucks, and they still hate him.I want to know why they think he's such a bad QB. Im talking to them. For the Guy who Sadi Jim McMahon, 1 i am talking present day QB's careers, and 2 You can't compare Favre to McMahon. No contest. Most people would agree their D and Payton won that superbowl. If you wanna talk Old School i could bust out Starr and Lombardi and the fact that GB has the most Championships out of any team.

Edited by Spod=Ratings

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 01:27 PM)
I was talking about Griese, i just didnt put his name that's why i said and Orton. Next time read it carefully. Also if that's why you hate Favre thats fine with me, but the majority says he sucks, and they still hate him.I want to know why they think he's such a bad QB. Im talking to them. For the Guy who Sadi Jim McMahon, 1 i am talking present day QB's careers, and 2 You can't compare Favre to McMahon. No contest. Most people would agree their D and Payton won that superbowl. If you wanna talk Old School i could bust out Starr and Lombardi and the fact that GB has the most Championships out of any team.

Nobody thinks that he was a bad QB. He is now for sure, but in the years you keep bringing up, he was one of the best in the game. Congrats on being a fan of an all time great. I love Michael Jordan too, but right now, he sucks.