Cubs Protest

RockRaines

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 12, 2006 -> 03:39 PM)
I'm surprised Cub fans don't protest after today's game. I've had a blast watching it thus far. Barrett is whining on the field, players are forgetting how many outs there are, Guzman and Rusch have been terrible--it's been glorious.

they dont even know the rules of the field. When the ball gets stuck in the ivy, dont go after it moron.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no hope for the Cubs. They can try to acquire whoever they want and they still won't be able to put together a team that is capable of putting together some winning streaks like the White Sox have done. Pierre, supposedly, is supposed to start things off but has made no difference. If I'm not mistaking, Ronny Cedeno was batting in the 3 hole today!

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 8, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)
A guy in my office said something about cubs fans protesting outside the stadium on an upcoming game. Its even posted at cubs.com message boards, and apparently was mentioned on the Score. Anybody heard about this pathetic mess?

Cub fans care if there team wins or loses?

They must be actually protesting the unfair May weather they've received. That must be it. I mean drinking isn't nearly as fun when it's 41 and raining as it is when it's 75 degrees, sunny, and the girls are in bikinis.

That must be what they are protesting. Because paying a lot of money for an inferior product year in and year out and then complaining about it isn't protesting. It's ignorance and whinning.

Bob

QUOTE(gosox41 @ May 14, 2006 -> 10:04 AM)

They must be actually protesting the unfair May weather they've received. That must be it. I mean drinking isn't nearly as fun when it's 41 and raining as it is when it's 75 degrees, sunny, and the girls are in bikinis.

That must be what they are protesting. Because paying a lot of money for an inferior product year in and year out and then complaining about it isn't protesting. It's ignorance and whinning.

Bob

:lol:

:cheers

QUOTE(gosox41 @ May 14, 2006 -> 10:04 AM)

Bob

I think youre right. The cold, rainy weather must be killing their buzz.

:D

QUOTE(knightni @ May 10, 2006 -> 12:59 PM)
However, make sure that you burn your clothes, gargle mouthwash, plunger your mouth and cry in the shower afterwards.

lol

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 11, 2006 -> 10:40 AM)
I went to a game a few years ago, against the Pirates, and a guy who was a true Pirates fan caught a HR by Aramis Ramirez ( this was in 2001, when he was still a Pirate). He didn't throw it back. This crazy fan beat the s*** out of him, pulled the ball lose, and then threw it to home one a 1-hop. That scarred me for life. I was only a few seats away.

sissy

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 14, 2006 -> 06:43 PM)
I was reading northsidebaseball a little while ago and it looks like they are ready for mass suicide.

LOL!!!!

They are a lot less hateful towards the Sox when they suck ass.

Complementing Ozzie, etc

Edited by WHarris1

The Cubs just don't have anything. Dusty needs to go, even though it is not his fault, the Cubs just need a shake up

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They need a manager who can inject some fire into that team, like Ozzie, LaRussa, Pinela, etc. You know the type who gets in the umpires faces.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 14, 2006 -> 08:54 PM)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They need a manager who can inject some fire into that team, like Ozzie, LaRussa, Pinela, etc. You know the type who gets in the umpires faces.

Fire can't overcome lack of talent.

Fire can't overcome lack of talent.

I think they have a good team, even w/o Lee. You can't blame injuries. Look at the Cardinals last year. They lost Rolen and still did good. The Braves played 18 rookies and still won. The Yankees have lost Godzilla and Sheffield. Heck, even the 2004 Cubs did good w/o Wood and Prior. Injuries are a part of any sport and you have to deal with it

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 15, 2006 -> 11:44 AM)
I think they have a good team, even w/o Lee. You can't blame injuries. Look at the Cardinals last year. They lost Rolen and still did good. The Braves played 18 rookies and still won. The Yankees have lost Godzilla and Sheffield. Heck, even the 2004 Cubs did good w/o Wood and Prior. Injuries are a part of any sport and you have to deal with it

You can make a case that all those injuries weren't to their best player.

The Cardinals' best player is Pujols; Braves: A. Jones; Yankees: ARod, Jeter; and the Cubs: D. Lee. Same kind of goes for the Sox in '04 with Frank and Maggs. I can't think of a case where a team truly survived without their best player(s).

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 15, 2006 -> 10:49 AM)
You can make a case that all those injuries weren't to their best player.

The Cardinals' best player is Pujols; Braves: A. Jones; Yankees: ARod, Jeter; and the Cubs: D. Lee. Same kind of goes for the Sox in '04 with Frank and Maggs. I can't think of a case where a team truly survived without their best player(s).

Andrew Jones stepped up with a performance like he'd never done before when Chipper went down. At the time of Chipper's injury, some would say he was their best player.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 15, 2006 -> 10:44 AM)

WHo is good out side of DLEE? Pierre? A-ram? Todd Walker? Their OF is led by a Rookie, the other two are underachieving players past their prime. The left side of the infield is suspect, and the catcher hasnt called a decent game in his career. The team is devoid of anybody who can get on base at a decent clip, and the manager thinks walks just clog the bases. They are horrible.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 18, 2006 -> 01:36 AM)
Another update: I will be on the score sports radio (am670) thursday morning around 10:40am talking about the Tribune Co. protest. Hope you can listen or even call 312-644-6767 during the show to back me up! Help spread the word!

Thanks, Bill

got the same email

Well this is just great! My wife is a Cub fan and I agree to go to at least 1 or 2 Cub games a year. (This is the least I can do since I drag her to at least 10 Sox games a year) What are the god damn odds that I just happen to be going to the game tomorrow, where I will be surrounded by dips*** Cub fans protesting about their s***ty team! Not exactly what I consider a fun day.

Edited by Finkelstein