Springer nails Bonds, Fans appluad

Phuck the Cubs

What message was Springer sending?

1) Your last at bat I pegged you, so therefore Ill peg you again.

2) 2 ab's ago you hit a HR, so therefore Ill peg you again.

3) Barry Bonds said something demeaning about Springer ala Vizquel and Mesa.

4) Barry Bonds is a cheater, therefore Ill peg him.

5) Barry Bonds is closing in on a record, I have given up a HR in the past, I dont want to be the name people remember.

The reason this is indefendable is because unlike the majority of arguments in this thread, Springer hit Bonds for reason 5.

Not any of the other reasons, because if this was true the Astros would peg every caught cheater. And they just do not do it. Also if it was true, the Astros would not have waited to peg Bonds once the game got out of hand, they pegged him then because they knew he was going to be looking for a pitch to drive.

Its fine not to want to be a guy that gives up the record, but it is not fine that he tried to intentionally hurt some one to prevent it.

No morality here, just Springer knowing that Bonds is the better player.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How does anyone deserve their life being put in danger, when they have never been caught doing anything wrong?

The only evidence against Bonds is illegally obtained grand jury records.

Do you think that the person who leaked the grand jury records should be hit by a fastball in the head?

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ May 18, 2006 -> 12:43 PM)
How does anyone deserve their life being put in danger, when they have never been caught doing anything wrong?

Do you think that the person who leaked the grand jury records should be hit by a fastball in the head?

I think you're totally missing the point here, Bonds is mean and he obviously cheated, he deserves to die.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ May 18, 2006 -> 12:37 PM)

1) Your last at bat I pegged you, so therefore Ill peg you again.

2) 2 ab's ago you hit a HR, so therefore Ill peg you again.

3) Barry Bonds said something demeaning about Springer ala Vizquel and Mesa.

4) Barry Bonds is a cheater, therefore Ill peg him.

5) Barry Bonds is closing in on a record, I have given up a HR in the past, I dont want to be the name people remember.

The reason this is indefendable is because unlike the majority of arguments in this thread, Springer hit Bonds for reason 5.

Not any of the other reasons, because if this was true the Astros would peg every caught cheater. And they just do not do it. Also if it was true, the Astros would not have waited to peg Bonds once the game got out of hand, they pegged him then because they knew he was going to be looking for a pitch to drive.

Its fine not to want to be a guy that gives up the record, but it is not fine that he tried to intentionally hurt some one to prevent it.

No morality here, just Springer knowing that Bonds is the better player.

You have just as much proof of that as anyone has proof that Bonds did steroids. For all we know, Springer just had a really bad sequence of pitches.

I guess you didnt read the arguement very carefully.

This was in response to those who are saying that Springer did it on purpose to send a message.

If you believe that Springer did not intentionally hit Bonds that is a completely different argument, and one that I was not even addressing.

I guess its possible it was an accident, but how many MLB pitchers miss inside that bad 5 times on accident?

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ May 18, 2006 -> 12:43 PM)

I never said he needed one in the head. I want em to throw at his knees. There's not as much protection there.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ May 18, 2006 -> 02:40 PM)
So now are you saying that Springer did hit Bonds intentionally?

Or are you saying Bonds did not use steriods?

Honestly I dont have time for straw man arguments, so what is it that you are arguing?

Sorry, didn't realize you were so busy.

What I said didn't really have anything to do with you, as much as I was just trying to make a point. People here keep saying that we don't know for sure that Bonds is on steroids. That's BS. Common sense tells us that he clearly is. We also don't know for sure that Springer was intentionally throwing at Bonds, but common sense tells us that he was.

Neither guy is right in this situation. Bonds and Springer are both scumbags in my eyes now.