Springer nails Bonds, Fans appluad

Phuck the Cubs

I really dont care that much.

I just think its silly to promote vigilantism. Therefore baseball has to suspend Springer, and most likely Garner.

You cant just let players take enforcing the rules into their own hands. Otherwise it becomes open season on any player who disliked in a certain area, regardless of their "qualities".

Dont forget good ole Jim was booed in Philly, Im sure a few of their fans would like to see him get nailed in the head. I guess that makes it right.

Edited by Soxbadger

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I dislike Baroid as much as the next person, but do you really think he stayed in the game just to beat a white guy? :headshake

That, and the 18M he's due this year. The Gaints team is not going to win a World Series, which I know will be your arguement he wants a ring, so I think he's in it for the money and passing Ruth

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 17, 2006 -> 02:59 PM)
That, and the 18M he's due this year. The Gaints team is not going to win a World Series, which I know will be your arguement he wants a ring, so I think he's in it for the money and passing Ruth

What's wrong with playing for the money? I know if I was due $18M ain't a chance in heel I walk away from that sort of money.

Considering you hate the Cubs, you should be happy that it happened.

I do f***ing hate them, but when it's Bonds, I want them to defeat Bonds, and I don't want to see s*** like him getting in essance an extra AB and going yard. I was happy last week when Pierre robbed him on # 714. But, yeah I was happy they lost and that happened to him, but it's the person who did it. Say it were Pujols or Thome, I would love it.

Edited by Cuck the Fubs

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 17, 2006 -> 12:29 PM)
No. Hit him in the head with a 100 mph fastball and get it over with.

Yeah, giving Barry a concussion would serve justice. I never thought I'd be sticking up for Bonds, but the lack of maturity displayed in some of these posts is truly sad. :headshake

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ May 17, 2006 -> 12:56 PM)
I really dont care that much.

I just think its silly to promote vigilantism. Therefore baseball has to suspend Springer, and most likely Garner.

This is probalby the only time that you'll see Soxbadger and I agree on a Bonds-related incident.

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 17, 2006 -> 02:43 PM)
Wow. I dislike Baroid as much as the next person, but do you really think he stayed in the game just to beat a white guy? :headshake

Well considering he's said as much before, I'd say yes. Beating Ruth is WAY more important that Aaron, and he's not sure he even wants to pass Aaron. Bonds has said that himself, so if you want to read into that in a different way when a proven racist said it, go ahead and do so.

Well considering he's said as much before, I'd say yes. Beating Ruth is WAY more important that Aaron, and he's not sure he even wants to pass Aaron. Bonds has said that himself, so if you want to read into that in a different way when a proven racist said it, go ahead and do so.

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 17, 2006 -> 03:43 PM)
What did Garner do to earn the label of being a dirtbag?

don't know if he's a dirtbag... do know he's a whiny, sore loser with a bad mustache.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 17, 2006 -> 03:05 PM)
:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

What is wrong with you? Seriously, it saddens me to read such horrible statements like what you have posted in this thread.

For all we know 80 percent of all power hitters in the 90's used juice. But Bonds is the worst one? Even if he is the biggest asshole on the face of the planet, it doesnt warrant bringing yourself down to his level and disgracing the game by throwing at him like Springer did. You dont want to have him go yard off of you, have some class and walk him.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 17, 2006 -> 01:52 PM)
What is wrong with you? Seriously, it saddens me to read such horrible statements like what you have posted in this thread.

For all we know 80 percent of all power hitters in the 90's used juice. But Bonds is the worst one? Even if he is the biggest asshole on the face of the planet, it doesnt warrant bringing yourself down to his level and disgracing the game by throwing at him like Springer did. You dont want to have him go yard off of you, have some class and walk him.

Disgracing the game by throwing at someone? People are thrown at all the time and it certainly doesn't disgrace the game. That's a part of the game. When Escobar hit AJ, did it disgrace the game? I doubt it. When that guy hit Vizquel a few weeks ago, did that disgrace the game? Of course not...I can't even remember the name of the guy who did it, that' show small of a disgrace it was.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 17, 2006 -> 03:56 PM)
Disgracing the game by throwing at someone? People are thrown at all the time and it certainly doesn't disgrace the game. That's a part of the game. When Escobar hit AJ, did it disgrace the game? I doubt it. When that guy hit Vizquel a few weeks ago, did that disgrace the game? Of course not...I can't even remember the name of the guy who did it, that' show small of a disgrace it was.

Throwing at someone does not = throwing at someone's head.

And it was Mesa I believe

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 17, 2006 -> 01:43 PM)
What did Garner do to earn the label of being a dirtbag?

I guess the nice way to say it is that Garner's an instigator. IIRC, he was suspended for being involved in a brawl while managing the Brewers and is believed to have played a part in the big Sox/Tigers smackdown fight in 2000. His history with the Sox in particular is bad. He got into a fight with one of our old fist-base coaches and even challeneged Hawk and Wimpy to a fight. Apparently he took offense when they (correctly) suggested that he was telling his pitchers to hit our batters.

Garner's a douche and a mental midget. I feel sorry for Astros players and fans.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 17, 2006 -> 01:56 PM)

Hitting somebody in the back or rear end is much different than throwing at somebody's knees or jaw.

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE(Nokona @ May 17, 2006 -> 04:09 PM)
Bonds 3 Career ABs against springer.

2001: HR.

2004: HBP.

2005: HBP.

Springer's just as much of a douchebag as Bonds for not letting it go.

Bonds took the base and did nothing. Didn't even look at Springer.

QUOTE(Nokona @ May 17, 2006 -> 02:09 PM)
Bonds 3 Career ABs against springer.

2001: HR.

2004: HBP.

2005: HBP.

Springer's just as much of a douchebag as Bonds for not letting it go.

The previous time that Springer had faced Bonds, he hit him in the knee (on the first pitch, I believe). If you go back to the first page of this thread and watch the pitch sequence, he's clearly aiming for his knees on the second pitch.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 17, 2006 -> 03:56 PM)

Apples and oranges Balta, you know that.

QUOTE(SnB @ May 17, 2006 -> 03:55 PM)
you know what?

you really do encompass every negative stereotype sox fans have.

:headshake

So well said, there is a difference between hating and posing violent thoughts. Remember it is just a game

Edited by Jimbo's Drinker

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 17, 2006 -> 07:59 PM)

I'm embarrassed that you're a 'fan' of the team I root for.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 17, 2006 -> 02:29 PM)
No. Hit him in the head with a 100 mph fastball and get it over with. While I think Bonds is the only player who deserves to get hit, I still believe that whoever hit him should be suspended, b/c MLB needs to be consistant, and can't allow it to be a 2-way street

Not exactly sure why disliking somebody equates to wishing harm to his well being, simply because he's a jerk. I don't like you, but I seriously don't wish you any ill will.

Bonds is a prick, but lets not act as if he killed your cat.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 17, 2006 -> 04:11 PM)
Bonds took the base and did nothing. Didn't even look at Springer.

Didn't mean it like that. Everyone hates Bonds so much because he's a douche. Springer is being the same scumbag as he is.