White Sox vs. That Other Team

aboz56

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 21, 2006 -> 03:54 PM)
What I hate most about this loss (more than the fact it was against the Cubs) are the upcoming series.

Oakland

Toronto

Cleveland

Wins may not come easy, and giving away victories due to a weak bullpen and defensive miscues CANNOT happen these next few weeks. Defensive mistakes more than a bullpen. There were three plays today which gave the Cubs extra opportunities.

Exactly how I feel. Perfect. You cannot give away these f***ing wins to clubs like the god damn Cubs. This game was ours and Uribe and Cotts pretty much handed them the f***ing win. This pisses me off. I swear we better kick Oaklands ass tomorrow and I will be there.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ May 21, 2006 -> 01:43 PM)
Alex that about sums it up. The play was simple, it should've been made. They made a couple of other errors today and were able to overcome it, but when you keep giving teams extra outs they will inevitably take advantage, sooner or later.

True, but that doesn't excuse Cotts from giving up an additional three and blowing the lead. He has to be able to absorb that... especially with two outs. I like Neal, but I don't think that he's ready to be a setup man. We need another veteran in there.

That said, it was really nice to see Count come back and have a solid outing, despite not having his best stuff.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 21, 2006 -> 03:55 PM)
Let's just hope we were playing down to the competition today.

Today was the type of game I'd expect against Oakland. You can count on atleast one fluke play every series against them which leads to a loss.

A good start against Oakland would be taking 2/3. Put the "Oakland owns us" talks to rest.

True, but that doesn't excuse Cotts from giving up an additional three and blowing the lead. He has to be able to absorb that... especially with two outs. I like Neal, but I don't think that he's ready to be a setup man. We need another veteran in there.

That said, it was really nice to see Count come back and have a solid outing, despite not having his best stuff.

So I take it Nelson is not the answer? What is going on with him?

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ May 21, 2006 -> 03:57 PM)
Exactly how I feel. Perfect. You cannot give away these f***ing wins to clubs like the god damn Cubs. This game was ours and Uribe and Cotts pretty much handed them the f***ing win. This pisses me off. I swear we better kick Oaklands ass tomorrow and I will be there.

Get used to it. Games like this happen to every team, every year. Yes, it was a tough loss. But the true measure of a team is how they bounce back from tough losses.

I'm certainly not happy about what transpired today, but I ain't gonna lose any sleep over it. This weekend was quite satisfying actually.

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ May 21, 2006 -> 01:58 PM)
So I take it Nelson is not the answer? What is going on with him?

I don't know, but I'm sure as heck not counting on him at this point. He was a free agent in April for a reason.

Somebody like Julian Tavarez really could've helped us. Unfortunately, it's going to take a trade to land a player like that.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ May 21, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)
Get used to it. Games like this happen to every team, every year. Yes, it was a tough loss. But the true measure of a team is how they bounce back from tough losses.

I'm certainly not happy about what transpired today, but I ain't gonna lose any sleep over it. This weekend was quite satisfying actually.

You're right, but this hurts. IF the sox come out and play these next 3 games and put today in the past you won't hear s*** about this game from me and probably many other sox fans who know whats good for the team.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ May 21, 2006 -> 02:00 PM)

There's no shame in taking ONLY two of three. A win today would've erased our awful showing in Tampa, but oh well. Time to move on and win another series.

QUOTE(WCSox @ May 21, 2006 -> 03:57 PM)

I just can't believe what he threw Jones. Watch him the remainder of the year, and record how many HR's he has against left-handed pitching. Maybe one or two of his 15-20 to go along with a delicious .200 BA.

How do you work someone in the ONE zone they can hit a pitch? His swing is tailor made for outside pitches. Middle-in and he wouldn't have done s***.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 21, 2006 -> 02:04 PM)
I just can't believe what he threw Jones. Watch him the remainder of the year, and record how many HR's he has against left-handed pitching. Maybe one or two of his 15-20 to go along with a delicious .200 BA.

How do you work someone in the ONE zone they can hit a pitch? His swing is tailor made for outside pitches. Middle-in and he wouldn't have done s***.

Yep, Neal really s*** the bed after the double-play-that-should've-been. He had two outs and the runner was only on first. And it's not like Walker was a threat to steal and score on a single.

While Uribe and Paulie deserve some blame for not turning the latter half of that DP, Cotts was the one who lost the game.

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE(WCSox @ May 21, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)
Yep, Neal really s*** the bed after the double-play-that-should've-been. He still had the lead, two outs, and the runner was only on first. And it's not like Walker was a threat to steal and score on a single.

While Uribe and Paulie deserve some blame for not turning the latter half of that DP, Cotts was the one who lost the game. You can't make a pitch like that with two outs and the go-ahead run at the plate.

I just hope that Ozzie wasn't more concerned with Jones than he was Barrett. If he had no problem bringing in Jenks last Sunday in the same spot, why not tonight?