White Sox vs. That Other Team

aboz56

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ May 21, 2006 -> 03:43 PM)
Even though that is the case, how could you not be concerned with the way Cotts responded. He looked like absolute s***.

He must have thought he was pitching in New York the way his location seemingly abandoned him.

First off, Barrett, why groove a pitch up in the count? It was deep red. Second, with Jones, why pitch to the ONE ZONE (outside) he's shown a capability of hitting. You throw right down the middle, more often than not, he'll miss against a LHP.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ May 21, 2006 -> 03:41 PM)
When come in as an underdog, you have to deal with the fact the opponent knows it, , and when you are the favorite, you usually lose games you would win any other time. Every year I hate we had to play them.

SFF

what kind of garbage is that??

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 21, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)
Cotts did his job, he forced the ground ball for the DP.

Everything after that shouldn't have happened. This is on Uribe today.

Shouldn't have happened, but it did. His job after the botched DP was to stop the bleeding. He didn't get it done. Yes, Uribe is #1 at fault here. But Cotts certainly didn't help the situation.

Guest JimH
The Sox have had issues with Hairston twice in the past (Loaiza and Colon). I remember hearing from someone associated with the team that they thought he was a whiner. I agree that the Iguchi play wasn't intentional, but that sure looked to be right at him. Also...Ozzie wasn't retaliating for yesterday....that was for today.

Disagree.

They like Hairston, they drafted him, they've tried to acquire him in the past, his dad is a Sox employee.

All you had to do was look at Politte's reaction, plus Politte is trying to shut the door, not put guys on base to score, which ultimately a guy did. There was no intent there.

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ May 21, 2006 -> 08:46 PM)
Give Juan a break. I recall last year Crede had a defensive lapse and got an "It's alright Joe" banner the next day. It was alright - evidenced by October.

Maybe if his offense hasn't sucked all year, people would be a little more forgiving.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 21, 2006 -> 08:46 PM)
Disagree.

They like Hairston, they drafted him, they've tried to acquire him in the past, his dad is a Sox employee.

All you had to do was look at Politte's reaction, plus Politte is trying to shut the door, not put guys on base to score, which ultimately a guy did. There was no intent there.

Fair enough...I'll agree to disagree. Maybe Politte simply forgot how to throw inside (no shock).

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ May 21, 2006 -> 03:48 PM)
I mean, for example, why does St. Louis get six gimmes against KC every year, But we always have to play tooth and nail against the Cubs? Mix it up a bit, at least?

We get KC 19 times a year.