5/23/06: White Sox vs. A's

I picked up Dessens because he's SP,RP thinking he might get me 5 saves before the season was over. Too bad our league counts losses for pitchers :headshake

f*** the Royals, and I hope Mike Sweeney go outs there every day (or watch from the DL) knowing they will NEVER see another winning season for at least another decade. :angry:

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up Dessens because he's SP,RP thinking he might get me 5 saves before the season was over. Too bad our league counts losses for pitchers :headshake

f*** the Royals, and I hope Mike Sweeney go outs there every day (or watch from the DL) knowing they will NEVER see another winning season for at least another decade. :angry:

You won't have to hope.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 24, 2006 -> 02:47 AM)
Yet, apparently, he'd be doing much, much better than garland in the rotation...

I think he would be in a much better groove pitching once every 5 days. It's very hard for a changeup pitcher to be a reliever. McCarthy's already said it's a feel pitch for him, and he struggles with it out of the pen.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 23, 2006 -> 09:48 PM)
McCarthy's up with everything in the zone. It had to be rough for him tonight...it's been a while since he was in a game.

To me the telling sign with him is how flat his fastball is, last year when he was up for his first two stints, his fastball was about as straight as can be. When he started to dominate his fastball had some movement. Now, his fastball is straight again and his changeup is completely up in the zone.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 23, 2006 -> 10:48 PM)
Right now, there is no way.

Aren't you the one who has said in the past something along the lines of it doesn't matter how you do it, as long as you get it done (specifically when referring to Jenks)? It looks like BMac got out of that inning with no problems, so whats the issue?

Also, if BMac were starting, he'd be much more comfertable, since he's been a starter his entire life. Things would not be the same as they are now.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(fathom @ May 23, 2006 -> 10:50 PM)
To make matters worse for KC....they could have traded Sweeney for superstar in the making Alexi Rios a few years ago.

And promptly lose any sort of fan base that they already had :P

QUOTE(Felix @ May 23, 2006 -> 09:49 PM)
Aren't you the one who has said in the past something along the lines of it doesn't matter how you do it, as long as you get it done (specifically when referring to Jenks)? It looks like BMac got out of that inning with no problems, so whats the issue?

Also, if BMac were starting, he'd be much more comfertable, since he's been a starter his entire life. Things would not be the same as they are now.

No, everyone was just basically ripping Bobby about how he isn't getting the job done when he'd get a save when he needed to, it's a bit different with a closer. Also, right now I'm not ripping Brandon cause I know what he's made of but he doesn't look good right now.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 23, 2006 -> 10:52 PM)
No, everyone was just basically ripping Bobby about how he isn't getting the job done when he'd get a save when he needed to, it's a bit different with a closer. Also, right now I'm not ripping Brandon cause I know what he's made of but he doesn't look good right now.

He doesn't look good, but he got out of the inning when he needed to. I'm seeing parallels..

Pinch runner with a 6 run lead and a 1-2 count? Thats something you don't see every day.

This is awesome, my friend who is a Royals fan is trying to defend the Royals. After about 2 weeks of this season, he told me the Royals had a top 3 offensive lineup in the AL. Then he said if they had the Cubs (??) pitching staff, they'd have a .750 winning %.

I just told him they are the worst franchise in baseball, and he told me the Royals could sweep the Cubs, and I disagreed.

QUOTE(Felix @ May 23, 2006 -> 09:55 PM)
He doesn't look good, but he got out of the inning when he needed to. I'm seeing parallels..

Pinch runner with a 6 run lead and a 1-2 count? Thats something you don't see every day.

No, you're not getting my point though. People were ripping Bobby saying how he's not going to be dependable and what not, I'm not ripping Brandon at all but he looks bad right now. I also know that he will get it turned around similar to last year, hence why I said "right now" he wouldn't be better then Jon in the rotation.