5/26 Game Thread: Sox @ Blue Jays

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Cliff with a 6.88 ERA and completely ineffective this year. I give him 2 more weeks before a replacement needs to be shopped for.

Kenny will stay patient i bet til the all star break.

You know he's not going to rest with cf not hitting and our bullpen

suspect.

Look for some of our prospects to get shipped.

Better not be our good ones.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 26, 2006 -> 08:47 PM)
The funny thing is when a crappy pitcher toes the rubber at the cell, they show his 2005 stats and his 2005 stats only on the jumbotron.

Cliff Politte was good last year, this year he uhhh, well last year he helped us.

Shingo was good for us one year, then we ditched him.

We ditched Koch after he blew.

Lets not hold on to garbage for sentimental reasons ie: Mike Jackson pitching in a meaningful games in a playoff race because he needs to get some silly record.

Clifford is now at 7.13

Its going to be a little harder for KW to come up with a replacement now than it would have been this offseason, when even I, a guy who gets ripped constantly on this board for not knowing anything, could see Politte wasn't going to be aces this season.

QUOTE(daa84 @ May 26, 2006 -> 08:48 PM)
KC retook the lead again at 7-4 and is about to blow it yet again....i dont know if its worse to be a cub fan or a KC fan

I would say its easy to be a KC fan. They don't even have anything on their roster that could even tease you into thinking they have a chance.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:43 PM)
He was mediocre in Milwaukee in CF, his closing speed is the only thing keeping him from being pathetic.

No doubt you take the good with the bad. Trouble is, the most used word describing Anderson lately is the 'p' (pathetic) word. If you added Podsednik's center field defense to his hitting and compared it to Anderson's center field defense and hitting, which would you take? Of course this would only be worth conjecture if Fields shows he can crush at the major league level.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 26, 2006 -> 08:49 PM)
Its going to be a little harder for KW to come up with a replacement now than it would have been this offseason, when even I, a guy who gets ripped constantly on this board for not knowing anything, could see Politte wasn't going to be aces this season.

Politte not being last year is one thing.

Politte in the 7 ERA range is not good.

I still want someone to explain how one of our starting pitchers loses a few mph on his fastball, and nothing is said about it. We just hear from ST on how Freddy is now a control pitcher and thats that. Freddy is not a control pitcher, he has a hard time hitting his spots. So if he has problems now hitting his spots and he gets behind, he cannot blow away anyone anymore. So now people crush his weak ass fastball when they sit on it.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ May 26, 2006 -> 08:51 PM)
No doubt you take the good with the bad. Trouble is, the most used word describing Anderson lately is the 'p' (pathetic) word. If you added Podsednik's center field defense to his hitting and compared it to Anderson's center field defense and hitting, which would you take? Of course this would only be worth conjecture if Fields shows he can crush at the major league level.

Pods isn't exactly ripping the cover off the ball the last few games. Anderson is going to get every chance to show he can hit. KW loves him. In the meantime, Mackowiak will play against right handers, and he's been hitting lately. The formula is working so far.