When did the season fall apart?

Texsox

Was it the opening sweep by KC? Earlier? Later?

It's all a blur, like the Shock Wave at Six Flags. One moment you're all giddy with excitement, the next moment you're in free fall with s*** dropping everywhere.

The KC sweep hurt a lot, but we followed it up with a sweep of our own (against Detroit), so that helped me feel better.

I'd say the moment where I thought "oh no" was the night the fans ran all over the place. Frank hit a HR to put us up 5-4 in the 8th, and then Koch came in for the 9th and gave up a 2-run HR to Sweeney and we lost. That was on April 15, and it dropped us to 7-6.

Obviously, we did better after that (we won the next 4 games to go to 11-6), but there was just something about that 4/15 loss that seemed to stick in my mind. Contenders don't lose those kinds of games, but the Sox managed to, and it was just so similar to '02.

The series in Minnesota. After sweeping Baltimore they had a chance to show that they were serious about this year. What do they do, get blown out something like 18-3 and then get swept. Believe me this year could get really ugly. Forget about the division, .500 is looking like a real longshot.

I think the players on the Sox knew they were toast during that 18-3 game. They went into Twinkieland after the sweep of Baltimore, ready to show the Twins this year was different. Then the Twins opened up a can of whoop-ass. It's been a death watch ever since.

If I had, for the sake of argument, never seen one game, I would say we might still come back since we are only 1/3 season done

But with the way we have been playing, I just do not see how we will come back

The pitching has been very good......if only the O would come back

All we need is one season series sweep with the twinkies getting swept at the same time and we are in the 3 game range which is always something we can catch up to

The head to head games with KC and Twinkies will be huge going forward

We have to win every series against these teams going forward

Let Loiza pitch every game against the twinkies :)

If I had, for the sake of argument, never seen one game, I would say we might still come back since we are only 1/3 season done

But with the way we have been playing, I just do not see how we will come back

The pitching has been very good......if only the O would come back

All we need is one season series sweep with the twinkies getting swept at the same time and we are in the 3 game range which is always something we can catch up to

The head to head games with KC and Twinkies will be huge going forward

We have to win every series against these teams going forward

Let Loiza pitch every game against the twinkies  :)

I admire your optimism when it comes to looking at the standings, and what it would take to get back into it. I also, unfortunately, agree with your persective after watching this team attempt to play baseball. I mean, we really look bad... very bad.

I thought we were in trouble from the beginning when we lost 3 to KC. I just kept hoping it was a fluke.

I still have to believe we can come back and make a run for it. The Sox PR dept is touting how the 83 Sox started so bad and then came back to win the division. I think they won 99 games that year.

I wont think they are truly out of it until the Central Division and Wild Card have been clinched.

Any team can go on a winning streak, and once you get back to .500 anything can happen.

This year is not lost yet.

SB

We have to be positive so I second that

I finally sucked it up and looked at the standings. How is it we played absolutely suck ass, piss poor, baseball and we are only 7.5 back? I hit refresh three times. Hell we could make this interesting with a little win streak. Both team in front of us basically are average to good.

I'm pumped :headbang

Of course by midnight tonight it could all suck again.