Sox vs. Twins Aug 26th

MinnySoxFan

Not sure if this is the place to post this, but I'm taking my nephew to the game against Minnesota on Saturday, August 26th. He's from Minnesota (like myself except he didn't tak up the Sox from his Grandpa like I did) and I like to take him to a game every year. Last year I took him to a game at Miller Park against the Twins and we had a great time. He loved that I was able to take him tailgaiting. And it was a great exprience except for the few a-hole fans that decided to yell at us for wearing Twins gear (hey I'm from Minnesota and those late 80's/early 90's teams when I was a kid were a hella lotta fun to be a fan of.)

So anyway, I asked him whether he would rather go to Wrigley (which I thought he would take) or whether he'd rather see the Sox play the Twins at Comiskey and he chose Comiskey (he lives in Rochester and I live in Madison). So I could have gotten tix early on that were fairly crappy from Ticketmaster but chose to wait. Well I'm wondering now what the best way is to make myself at least not look like a schmuck (and hopefully look like a stud uncle) and get us some tix for the Sox/Twins game on Sat, Aug 26th.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

When I took him to Miller Park last year the two coolest things were this: 1) driving into the lot smelling the grills. Right away he thought this was awesome and 2) He actually looked up once we were inside the stadium and said "this is cool...I've never seen the sky inside a stadium before"

I don't expect the kid to become a Sox fan, but I love being able to show him what baseball is like in different stadiums while he is still young.

Thanks for the help...

QUOTE(BFirebird @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 02:34 AM)
You can also try the ticket exchange on the whitesox website. I have seen some decent deals depending on who they play...minnesota shouldn't be that pricey.

This is the best way to do it, in my opinion. You pay a little extra, but you'll get good seats. Once you buy the tickets, the Sox send you the tickets, via e-mail. Print them out and you are ready to go.

I just wanted to add, I think it's great your spending time with your nephew and take him to ballgames instead of sticking him in front of a tv like alot of people I know do. Kids need to get out more these days and you're doing a great job of making sure he does that when he's around you at least.

QUOTE(So ILL @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 11:27 AM)
Can someone tell me why the Twins are playing the Dodgers?

I thought the AL Central is only playing NL Central???

The Cubs & Brewers are playing each other...the Twins play the Brewers twice and they already played the Cubs, so the Twins get the Dodgers. They played all the other NL Central teams, except the Cardinals.