This Midseason crisis is Ridiculous

GoRowand33

its time to stop worrying

It's up to the sox to keep winning, and as long as we can take care of business there is no point in worrying about other teams

I doubt our anger at the pitching staff is making it any better, so I'm just going to sit back, relax, and strap it down

:gosox2:

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 02:05 PM)
Well I guess we should just shut this board down since there isn't anything left to talk about.

Actually you just described the problem of modern day sports. Because of the internet and 24 hour sports programming it is harder to enjoy the game now. Every little detail is beaten to death on message boards and sports blab shows. 20 years ago you would simply watch the game and read about it the next day in the paper and that was that. Now every little thing is blown up a discussed to death until people are going crazy. It used to be a lot easier to just watch the game, and either enjoy a win or just deal with the loss until the next day.

The bad thing is, the internet is addictive and it is hard to stay away from the insanity. :P

QUOTE(zach23 @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 02:15 PM)
Actually you just described the problem of modern day sports. Because of the internet and 24 hour sports programming it is harder to enjoy the game now. Every little detail is beaten to death on message boards and sports blab shows. 20 years ago you would simply watch the game and read about it the next day in the paper and that was that. Now every little thing is blown up a discussed to death until people are going crazy. It used to be a lot easier to just watch the game, and either enjoy a win or just deal with the loss until the next day.

The bad thing is, the internet is addictive and it is hard to stay away from the insanity. :P

Stop the Insanity

susan.jpg

All good points, IMO, and add to that the fact that blame has replaced analysis in a lot of the re-hashing, and what we get is a bunch of "if the Sox hadn't lost that one they'd have won it" or "if the Sox hadn't won that one they'd have lost it." I think baseball is more nuanced than that, which is why I have completely stopped listening to sports radio. One small step back to sanity!

QUOTE(zach23 @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 07:15 PM)

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

I remember when all you had to read was the Sporting News so you were a good weeks behind on all the bad stuff and the good. Most articles were about players profies and the such.

I am not so sure those days weren't better than these as far as just enjoying the game. But, it is a sign of the times where everyone lives in the age of information.

The Sox are 19-6 since June 6. We've won our last 8 series. If any Sox fans are panicking now, then :stick

If we have the same second half (ending up with 106 wins) and still finish 2nd to the Tigers (and obviously still getting the WC), then God Bless Detroit.

WRONG!!

you'd talk to you friends about the game and you'd probably say that freddy sucked the big one tonight and all of our starters have big question marks. don't kid yourself. the only pitcher on our staff that doesn't really suck is bobby jenks. and that's scary.

I don't recall too many teams that had the ridiculous offense like we do AND an unhittable staff. Buehrle's game against the Twins, the Sunday night game v. Astros, and even Sunday's game (despite the outcome) showed that no matter how terrible our pitchers are, the offense will pick them up. It won't be quite the same should we make it to the playoffs, but for the time being, our pitchers have some room for mistakes.

Edited by ChiSox35

Guest $I Need Money$

OMG are you kidding? it is time for a crisis. those royals are catching up if we keep losing! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

at today's game I sat in front of 2 guys who seemed to think the sox were doomed after every mistake...I swear to god it was like reading a panic thread here on ST except I couldn't press the back button....*sighs* somehow I saw this coming after the World Series win.