Those Obnoxious Boston Fans

LVSoxFan

Everybody's excuse for disliking Red Sox fans has been because they have no homegrown talent, have too high of a payroll, were the defending world champs last year, etc.

The Red Sox have more homegrown talent than the White Sox do.

The Red Sox and White Sox are two of only a few teams with payrolls over 100 million, about a 15 million dollar difference.

The White Sox won the World Series.

I tend to believe you guys hate Red Sox fans because Boston fans travel so well, and half the stadium will be Red Sox fans. If Cleveland, Detroit, Minnesota, or any team for that matter traveled well, you'd think they were obnoxious aswell.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ouch, check out RedandWhite's avatar.

I'm proud of that 2004 team. Just as you're proud of your 2005 White Sox.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
guys, painting an entire set of fans with a broad brush is insanely dumb

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Especially when last saturday at the Cubs/White Sox game, I was talking to 'White Sox' fans who brag about how they changed sides last year because they couldn't take being cursed by a goat.

Fans of every team are idiots, fans of every team suck, not all 40,000 people in the park tommorow will be able to tell the difference between a baseball and a beach ball. It is what it is.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 06:58 PM)
Everybody's excuse for disliking Red Sox fans has been because they have no homegrown talent, have too high of a payroll, were the defending world champs last year, etc.

The Red Sox have more homegrown talent than the White Sox do.

The Red Sox and White Sox are two of only a few teams with payrolls over 100 million, about a 15 million dollar difference.

The White Sox won the World Series.

I tend to believe you guys hate Red Sox fans because Boston fans travel so well, and half the stadium will be Red Sox fans. If Cleveland, Detroit, Minnesota, or any team for that matter traveled well, you'd think they were obnoxious aswell.

We don't care that the Red Sox won the World Series in 2004. We won in 2005.

We don't care about the Red Sox home grown talent. We have Brian Anderson, Jon Garland, Mark Buehrle, Joe Crede, etc.

We don't care how well Red Sox fans travel. We care about how stupid and defensive they are when they come to OUR ballpark.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We don't care that the Red Sox won the World Series in 2004. We won in 2005.

We don't care about the Red Sox home grown talent. We have Brian Anderson, Jon Garland, Mark Buehrle, Joe Crede, etc.

We don't care how well Red Sox fans travel. We care about how stupid and defensive they are when they come to OUR ballpark.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Well then i'm going to make a generalization about White Sox fans based on that asshole last week at Wrigley, or the White Sox fan without teeth, or the White Sox fan with a sleeveless shirt jorts a mullet and his ass crack showing..

Hib, said it best. End of story.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 07:03 PM)
Well then i'm going to make a generalization about White Sox fans based on that asshole last week at Wrigley, or the White Sox fan without teeth, or the White Sox fan with a sleeveless shirt jorts a mullet and his ass crack showing..

Hib, said it best. End of story.

In which part of my post did I generalize Red Cubs fans?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In which part of my post did I generalize Red Cubs fans?

You said they were stupid and defensive.

Well judging by last weeks performance, had I been as ignorant as you on the topic, I'd be able to label White Sox fans as toothless trailer trash with mullets who talk about the cubs being cursed by a barnyard animal.

Haha. Wait a minute. Is there another Red Sox fan on here?

hahahahaha

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 06:12 PM)
You said they were stupid and defensive.

Well judging by last weeks performance, had I been as ignorant as you on the topic, I'd be able to label White Sox fans as toothless trailer trash with mullets who talk about the cubs being cursed by a barnyard animal.

Haha. Wait a minute. Is there another Red Sox fan on here?

hahahahaha

Being defensive is a good way to avoid accusations of being defensive.

f*** the Red Sox.

End of story.

If you wanna talk about them go to Sonsofsamhorn.

I've got no tolerance for anyone in that organization. They're 10 times worse than the Yankees.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 10:05 PM)
f*** the Red Sox.

End of story.

I've got no tolerance for anyone in that organization. They're 10 times worse than the Yankees.

Thanks to you ABOZ the air is just a little clearer around here.

:cheers :cheers

f*** the Red Sox.

End of story.

Couldn't agree more. Personally I dislike Boston more so than the Yankees or even the Cubs.

f*** the Red Sox.

End of story.

:notworthy

Tonight I experienced both ends of the Red Sox spectrum. First you had the drunken 21 year old who stood up, looked back, and taunted all the White Sox fans around the entire game, basically anytime the Red Sox got a hit or the Sox GIDP or struck out. He was a tool and security should have taken him out because towards the end of the game people started throwing things at him and families of White Sox fans were getting hit with the peanuts and cups instead of the douchebag.

Then there was a quiet, friendly couple in front of us who were very respectful. They cheered for the Red Sox, but did it without making a scene and being arrogent pricks.

Most of the "Sawx" fans were annoying and obnoxious though. It seems like a cult following. Kind of weird if you ask me.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 12:35 AM)
Tonight I experienced both ends of the Red Sox spectrum. First you had the drunken 21 year old who stood up, looked back, and taunted all the White Sox fans around the entire game, basically anytime the Red Sox got a hit or the Sox GIDP or struck out. He was a tool and security should have taken him out because towards the end of the game people started throwing things at him and families of White Sox fans were getting hit with the peanuts and cups instead of the douchebag.

Then there was a quiet, friendly couple in front of us who were very respectful. They cheered for the Red Sox, but did it without making a scene and being arrogent pricks.

Most of the "Sawx" fans were annoying and obnoxious though. It seems like a cult following. Kind of weird if you ask me.

They have a nasty old crappy stadium.

They believed in curses.

They only care about attendance and how their team travels well.

All they need is weeds on the walls and they are the fools to the north. Hence why they are called....The Red Cubs.

I had a Red Sox fan next to me who had no clue where the score board was, just learned today that Fisk played for the White Sox, and thought that South Paw was named "Green Monster." That's right, we have a different mascot honoring every team we play. Her husband must have been blind or something because she would get up to cheer and he would ask what happened. She starts screaming because Crisp hit a home run and he's like "oh, did that go out?" Morons.

QUOTE(spiffalicious @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 12:55 AM)
I had a Red Sox fan next to me who had no clue where the score board was, just learned today that Fisk played for the White Sox, and thought that South Paw was named "Green Monster." That's right, we have a different mascot honoring every team we play. Her husband must have been blind or something because she would get up to cheer and he would ask what happened. She starts screaming because Crisp hit a home run and he's like "oh, did that go out?" Morons.

:lolhitting What a dumbass. Both of them.

I lived in Boston for a couple years and came to realize that being a Red Sox fan meant knowing that your team never won the whole thing (at the time), probably never would, had been the Yankees b**** for nearly a century, and still wearing their gear constantly, going to their road games, and talking about them constantly, in spite of these facts.

Now, that might seem like being a "true fan" but what it boiled down to was a region of people bound together by rooting for a loser, and that was what held them together, that was their mantra, very similar to the Cubs without the wrigleyville/lincoln park draw for bandwagon 20 yr olds.....

Also realize that the red sox are represented by all of new england and you have 6 states supporting one team, and their people have moved all over the country to suppor them on road games

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 07:00 PM)

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Not exactly, we had the Cards and a bunch of their fans a couple series ago and they were not annoying in any way. YOu guy get on my nerves before the game even starts.

That game thread was closed faster than any I have ever seen. Was the third out even recorded before it was moved?

I guess people don't want to discuss how our starters are going to flip that magic switch in the second half of the season that will prevent them from having ERA's near 5.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 04:20 PM)
That game thread was closed faster than any I have ever seen. Was the third out even recorded before it was moved?

I guess people don't want to discuss how our starters are going to flip that magic switch in the second half of the season that will prevent them from having ERA's near 5.

It's July, dude. I'll start to panic if they're still this bad in September.

Oh, and nobody worry about the Tigers. They're not that good because, remember, they couldn't prove themselves against the Red Sox.