Those Obnoxious Boston Fans

LVSoxFan

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 03:46 PM)
It should be Sox for White Sox and Sawks for Red Sox. People more than likely just carry the internal nickname over to the neutral sites. You can also call the White Sox "The World Champions".

How bout SUX for the Red SUX?

That seems a lot more fitting.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 03:46 PM)
It should be Sox for White Sox and Sawks for Red Sox. People more than likely just carry the internal nickname over to the neutral sites. You can also call the White Sox "The World Champions".

That's good advice. Still, I almost never see White Sox fans do it, who have just a reason to as Red Sox fans. But maybe it's just me. The World Champions sounds very good. :cheers

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 03:40 PM)
I was at the train yesterday on my way home, and I said to a girl that I'd begun chatting up, I said, "D'you like any sports?" and she said, "I like baseball." Some old guy came up to us and yelled, "CUBS AND RED SOX ALL THE WAY!" and I said, "Ouch, you like both of those teams?" He said, "As long as it's not the Yankees, man I hate the Yankees, the Yankees buy it all, man, and they never go anywhere."

"The way I see it," I said, "the Red Sox are the Yankees with a little less money, and a lot less success."

"That's 'cause we're cursed!"

"Yeah, well, with payrolls like the ones you typically carry, you should be able to make any curse lift."

"We did, man, but those Yankees, they suck."

Then I turned to the girl and she said, "I'm a Sox fan."

Guy says, "All right, another one!" and she said, "White Sox" curtly.

The train arrived, and he got into a different car than us because he was, I guess, intimidated by a loaded Orange Line car.

God, do I hate talking to Cubs fans or Red Sox fans.

LOL thats funny.

I will be there on Sat.

Edited by Whitewashed in '05

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 03:21 PM)
I would take Red Sox fans over Yankee fans any day of the week.

As would I. I have been to both parks and I really never had any problems with Red Sawks fans. They were actually pretty nice to me at least. The Yankmee fans were pretty obnoxious.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 04:31 PM)
There is no more payroll excuse, no more World Series excuse, You guys are mighty bitter.

I am still waiting for the supposed fan of both teams to update his avatar. You should have the current world champions in your avatar, not the team we swept out. 2004 was so 2 years ago.

For those going to games, please do your best to ask "classy" Tim Wakefield how that team "with the lesser talent" did after they swept the Red Sox last October.

When that loudmouth Schilling is warming up in the bullpen, ask him if he was talking about starting the AAA all-star game for Pawtuckett.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is no more payroll excuse, no more World Series excuse, You guys are mighty bitter.

About what?

QUOTE(loltrain @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 06:16 PM)
Chicago fans and Boston fans are pretty similar imo.

But that may only be because our teams are rivals so you guys act a bit wilder when we're playing ;)

Do not categorize us as Chicago fans. We are World Series Champion White Sox fans.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 07:13 PM)
I am still waiting for the supposed fan of both teams to update his avatar. You should have the current world champions in your avatar, not the team we swept out. 2004 was so 2 years ago.

Why should I? I am a Red Sox fan first and I have a lot of respect for what Theo has done for the Red Sox organization since he arrived. On the other hand, I also really enjoy baseball in general. In turn, I have a great deal of respect for what the White Sox have done over the past 5/6 years. So, I do enjoy reading what the fans of the White Sox have to say. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't recall ever reading that fans of others teams couldn't post here and must have White Sox only avatars. I haven't disrespected anyone here, nor do I plan to. BTW I am not a "he".

Getting back to the point of the thread, I can see why people can't stand Red Sox fans. The thing is is that everyone and their sister jumped on the bandwagon during the 2004 season. It was really sad to see because these people don't know anything about the history of the team nor do they really care. They have taken up a lot of the seats in Fenway and it makes it really hard for real fans to even step foot into the park. Like a lot of people have mentioned on this board, the real fans stick with their team through good times and the bad, and I have a feeling the Sox are going to go through another playoff drought. I am guessing a lot of the hangers on will start to drop off as time goes by.

Edited by soxunited

Guest $I Need Money$
Do not categorize us as Chicago fans. We are World Series Champion White Sox fans.

EXACTLY! chicago fans are those dumbasses who say they root for the cubs and white sox :angry:

QUOTE(soxunited @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 06:23 PM)
Why should I? I am a Red Sox fan first and I have a lot of respect for what Theo has done for the Red Sox organization since he arrived. On the other hand, I also really enjoy baseball in general. In turn, I have a great deal of respect for what the White Sox have done over the past 5/6 years. So, I do enjoy reading what the fans of the White Sox have to say. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't recall ever reading that fans of others teams couldn't post here and must have White Sox only avatars. I haven't disrespected anyone here, nor do I plan to. BTW I am not a "he".

Ouch, check out RedandWhite's avatar.