This team will have a better regular season record than last year'

Greg Hibbard

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 06:09 PM)
I'll take that action

No way this team ever has a 7 game losing streak mid-august either

How much? It's not as easy as people think to win 100 games, especially with the quality of teams and talent in the AL.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 05:10 PM)
why not the pitching is worse. actually our pitchign is terrible.

The hitting is way better, and the pitching cannot get worse.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 05:10 PM)
How much? It's not as easy as people think to win 100 games, especially with the quality of teams and talent in the AL.

So you would bet that this team would not be capable of going 44-31 or better down the stretch, a .587 winning percentage

The one with the picture of Andrew Jackson on it, for any and all takers via pm

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 05:13 PM)
The hitting is way better, and the pitching cannot get worse.

So you would bet that this team would not be capable of going 44-31 or better down the stretch, a .587 winning percentage

The one with the picture of Andrew Jackson on it, for any and all takers via pm

actually I would say the sox are prime to lose 6 in row. I think our pitching is horrible, and if a trade isn't made we will struggle with the wild card. Despite the record the Red sox are better, the yanks are better and the tigers are better. last time I checked one of those teams needs to be out. Our starting pitchers are giving up 5 runs a game. Bats go cold. Ours will go cold. Our pitching is horrible.

I predict a loss tommorrow, three to the yanks and we will, lose 2 of 3 to the tigers. By that time we should pretty much be a wild card contender holding on by a string.

Edited by quickman

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 05:24 PM)
actually I would say the sox are prime to lose 6 in row. I think our pitching is horrible, and if a trade isn't made we will struggle with the wild card. Despite the record the Red sox are better, the yanks are better and the tigers are better. last time I checked one of those teams needs to be out. Our starting pitchers are giving up 5 runs a game. Bats go cold. Ours will go cold. Our pitching is horrible.

I predict a loss tommorrow, three to the yanks and we will, lose 2 of 3 to the tigers. By that time we should pretty much be a wild card contender holding on by a string.

How in the hell do you figure that the Yankees are better? Their pitching about as bad as ours with no real prospects for improvement, with Matsui and Sheffield out for the forseeable future our offense is better, and our record is 5 1/2 games better. Boston's pitching is worse than ours too. Suddenly a pitching staff goes from the best in baseball to horrible because of one bad stretch.

I'd happily take that bet. We will not lose 6 in a row.

well its great you stuck yourself out there. Good luck with that. The objective of this I have no idea.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 05:33 PM)
How in the hell do you figure that the Yankees are better? Their pitching about as bad as ours with no real prospects for improvement, with Matsui and Sheffield out for the forseeable future our offense is better, and our record is 5 1/2 games better. Boston's pitching is worse than ours too. Suddenly a pitching staff goes from the best in baseball to horrible because of one bad stretch.

we will see

By the way our pitching has been progressively getting worse. Not better. We have been winning with our bats which cool off. Vasquez has nine wins and could easily have nine loses. Unless the pitching gets better I can't see us making the playoffs right now. Furthermore, we are losing to boston at home. we will need to go to yankee stadium and detriot. I really don't like the chances. Bats go cold, just like today with bases loaded and nobody out with our heart of the order up. No runs. bats go cold.

How do you figure Boston's pitching is worse? Schilling, Beckett, Wakefield, Lester is a better combo than any of our 4 starters.

Also, "one bad stretch" is not entirely accurate. It's taken them 3+ months to accumulate these ERAs, right?

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 05:39 PM)
How do you figure Boston's pitching is worse? Schilling, Beckett, Wakefield, Lester is a better combo than any of our 4 starters.

Also, "one bad stretch" is not entirely accurate. It's taken them 3+ months to accumulate these ERAs, right?

How about the fact that their team ERA is higher? :huh Josh Beckett is their number 2 starter, how's he doing?

No, not really. Their ERA's haven't been constantly at 5. Freddy and Javy have both been under that for most of the year, and Garland's is on its way down.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 05:39 PM)
By the way our pitching has been progressively getting worse. Not better. We have been winning with our bats which cool off. Vasquez has nine wins and could easily have nine loses. Unless the pitching gets better I can't see us making the playoffs right now. Furthermore, we are losing to boston at home. we will need to go to yankee stadium and detriot. I really don't like the chances. Bats go cold, just like today with bases loaded and nobody out with our heart of the order up. No runs. bats go cold.

Our pitching will not be this bad all year. All of their totals are well above their career averages. Either we're getting extremely unlucky in catching this all in one year, or they'll start pitching better at some point.

Vasquez has nine wins and could easily have nine loses.

My gawd quickman ... "could easily" have nine losses.

So what. He has nine wins. Those are the facts.

We also could have lost every game Thome did not play in against

the N.L.

Ifs mean nothing. The White Sox are going to be in the race all year.