Kenny Williams Article

CWSOX45

QUOTE(holly wiggins @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 09:58 PM)
What a classy guy KW is.

Thanks for posting that.

He also took a very easy to see shot at Michael Lewis and Moneyball. In Moneyball, Lewis essentially called KW "stupid" for trading with Beane. (note that Beane himself did not say this, a common misconception). In today's interview, KW said, "Well, obviously we'll try not to do anything stupid".

I luv it.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 10:26 PM)
He also took a very easy to see shot at Michael Lewis and Moneyball. In Moneyball, Lewis essentially called KW "stupid" for trading with Beane. (note that Beane himself did not say this, a common misconception). In today's interview, KW said, "Well, obviously we'll try not to do anything stupid".

I luv it.

I think you might be reading a bit too far into it there.

Still, nice article :)

Here's my favorite part of the article.

"The first thing we did after the World Series was trade for Jim Thome, and people were saying he was a risk," Williams said. "We're like, Really? That's a surprise to us.' Because his track record when he's been healthy is tremendous. All we had to do was find out the medical prognosis. OK. We're comfortable. It's not risk without thought, without information, without analysis."

This is why I never doubted for a second that the Thome trade would work out. I knew there was no way in hell Kenny would make a deal of that magnitude without being close to 100% sure he was healthy.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006