More draft signings

MnSoxFan

Go to this URL and click on rosters for Bristol and Great Falls.

Bristol now has our 4th (SS Valido) and 20th rounders (3B Schmidt) on the roster

Great Falls has our 3rd (OF King), 6th (1B/OF Kelly), 9th (OF Cook), 25th (3B Gray), 27 (RHP Pollok), 34th (OF Martin), 35 (LHP Thompson) and 40th (C Deuchler)

Go to this URL and click on rosters for Bristol and Great Falls.

Bristol now has our 4th (SS Valido) and 20th rounders (3B Schmidt) on the roster

Great Falls has our 3rd (OF King), 6th (1B/OF Kelly), 9th (OF Cook), 25th (3B Gray), 27 (RHP Pollok), 34th (OF Martin), 35 (LHP Thompson) and 40th (C Deuchler)

Didnt you mention Cook and Valido might be hard to sign?

If so great to see em signed so fast... we have 4 of our top 10 signed... pretty sure anderson will sign. so that makes 5 of 10. Would love to see us sign all of our first 15...

Haven't heard much on sweeney the 2nd rounder, but from what I've heard they feel comfortable that he'll be playing for Great Falls by the start of the season as will Anderson (1st Rounder).

Wanna see some of those HS pitchers drafted in the 8-16 range signed up...

I really wish the sox would draft only college pitchers...

I now see 14 signees with 6 of top 10. Tribune has us with 17. I bet they count the 3 draft and follows as 17, that would be cheating.

I see these 4 on rosters now. I named 10 yesterday. 7th, James Casey, RHP from HS in Texas. 8th, John Russ, RHP from a JC in Texas (supposed to be a good one). 14th, Ricardo Nanita, OF from Florida International via Dominican Republic, this guy is supposed to really have tools. 21st, Matt Lenderman, C from HS in Texas (another good sign).

Draft update: The White Sox have agreed to terms with 17 of their 50 selections from the First-Year Player Draft, including six of the Top 10.

Third-rounder Clinton King (OF, Southern Mississippi), fourth-rounder Robert Valido (SS, Coral Park High School, Fla.), sixth-rounder Chris Kelly (LF, Pepperdine), seventh-rounder James Casey (RHP, Azle H.S., Texas), eighth-rounder John Russ (RHP, Frank Phillips Junior College) and ninth-rounder David Cook (CF, Miami of Ohio) all signed on Wednesday.

Duane Shaffer, the team's senior director of player personnel, said negotiations with first-round pick Brian Anderson and his agent, Terry Bross, are progressing. A decision could be closer by Thursday morning.

"I've had a couple of talks with his agent, and he's going to call me back in the morning," Shaffer said. "I will know a lot more in the morning about how far along we are.

"We always like to get our top guys signed and out playing. The quicker we get them playing, the faster they have chances to move and improve. But we can't get them playing until we get them here."

Shaffer said Anderson would be assigned to Great Falls, the White Sox Advanced Rookie League affiliate in Montana.