BARTOLO IS GOD!

Cali

What exactly IS the latest scuttlebutt about Williams and his job?

Seems like he's been around the park a lot ... last nite behind the dugout, plus he's been traveling with the team, etc. To the casual observer, it doesn't appear to be the behavior of a man on the way out.

Whassup???

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly IS the latest scuttlebutt about Williams and his job?

Seems like he's been around the park a lot ... last nite behind the dugout, plus he's been traveling with the team, etc.  To the casual observer, it doesn't appear to be the behavior of a man on the way out.

Whassup???

Don't you remember? Steff gave us the info already. He's going to resign any moment.

I'll add my 2 cents. I think it's cool, Everybody is a fan in there Different way, and that's what's great about meeting so many people you get different opinions. me Myself gets really ticked, Why cause I think it sucks that this teams fans have to suffer through incompetence at the GM, Owner and Manager spot. Any other team that supposly entered the season with Playoff hopes would have canned the GM and Manager by now. Reisdork doesn't care and if he does he too dam f***ing cheap. Cheap brings you incompetence. I like reading what all of you gotta say, I respect everybody opinion.

But as I said, I think much of the frustration is because there was high hopes for this team, Maybe if this was 1986-1989 were there was no hope the frustration level wouldn't be so high.

I've been off the boards quite a bit lately ... if there was sarcasm in the comment about Steff saying he's gonna resign any minute, I'm not picking it up ...

Seriously, any new insights? Or is it the same stuff we've been hearing for about a month or so?

Having been a HR executive, I realize it would definitely take time to work out a severance, or reassignment, or whatever ... sometimes weeks or more ... but I'm basically asking if people who are close to insiders, whomever they might be, have any info on "the status"/

Guest hotsoxchick1
But as I said, I think much of the frustration is because there was high hopes for this team, Maybe if this was 1986-1989 were there was no hope the frustration level wouldn't be so high.

thank you someone understands............ :D

I've been off the boards quite a bit lately ... if there was sarcasm in the comment about Steff saying he's gonna resign any minute, I'm not picking it up ...

Seriously, any new insights?  Or is it the same stuff we've been hearing for about a month or so?

Having been a HR executive, I realize it would definitely take time to work out a severance, or reassignment, or whatever ... sometimes weeks or more ... but I'm basically asking if people who are close to insiders, whomever they might be, have any info on "the status"/

Sorry Jim, didn't realize you hadn't been here lately.

Yes, Steff said KW was going to resign any moment. This was about a month ago, if not more.

I'm cool, calm, and collected. It's Michelle that seems to have her pad all twisted and bunched up.

If she thinks this team is that bad and that they suck, fine, whatever. I don't agree, but she's entitled to her opinion.

But, she was seemingly ROOTING for the Sox to do poorly, and that is completely unacceptable, and anyone who does that should be banned from this board since this is a place for real Sox fans -- not people who are fans with their pocketbook only.

WOW! what a dumbf*** you are :fyou . HSC would NEVER root for the Sox to do poorly and your remark about her needing to be banned is more assinine than anything I've read in a VERY LONG TIME :bang . HSC LOVES this team and she does support them with more than her pocket book. It's NOT about that for HSC and if you knew HER you would know THAT. I think the tampon you have shoved up your ass is clogging your brain cells. :fyou :fyou :fyou

If you would please, define a "real sox fan" for me. :bringit Is it someone that sings their praises no matter how badly they are playing? :puke Someone with his lips so firmly attached to each and every players nuts he can't see that they really do SUCK this year??????? Guess that would be YOU. :rolleyes:

HSC is just disappointed in the team. We all had great hopes for OUR Sox this year - we're disappointed - again. Ban HSC???????LMFAO - you're the one who needs banning, from this board, from Comiskey Park (it will always be Comiskey to me) and from any small child you may come in contact with. Wouldn't want your idiocy to rub off on anyone.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :puke :puke :puke :puke What a jerk!

Where's Maury to help a Bonds Bomb to almost straight-away CF when you need him. At least I would have got a good laugh out of it if he said it..... again!  :lol:

He totally would, he slammed that forty before we went inside that game. I'm sure we could recreate it.

Guest hotsoxchick1

lol no rdw a Clu is like a clue without the e cause if everyone had the e then they would have the whole Clu.........get it???? :huh: :D

HSC ... curious 'cause I've been traveling quite a bit recently ... any tidbits on the front office scenario, i.e. what's goin' on with Williams? Thx ... JH

Guest hotsoxchick1
HSC ... curious 'cause I've been traveling quite a bit recently ... any tidbits on the front office scenario, i.e. what's goin' on with Williams?  Thx ... JH

jh, hes having contractual issues ironed out right now.. a house was purchased in south carolina somewhere.... all thats left to do here is a contract thing between him and jr.. dont know exactly whats up, but thats whats holding up things on this end......sorry couldnt be more help........

Guest hotsoxchick1
:lol: Okay, now I gotcha.  So a Clu is someone sorta like our receptionist - not carrying a full deck, one nugget short of a happy meal, lights on but no one is home, one beer short of a six back.... that sorta thing - got it LOLOLOL :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

that rdw, would be a Clu............... :D

Please people can't we just get along? My karma is all out of whack now from this terrrrrrribbbblllleee display of family anger which is like a boiling cauldron of vile and evil spite. I will meditate on this and beseech the great one for your forgiveness. Tomorrow we will kick the living daylights out of San Diego. Unless of course the planets aren't aligned properly.

Jarry Manuel

Thanks for the insight.

I hated dealing with employment contracts (buyouts) ... they often take an inordinate amount of time to negotiate, if that's the hold up.

Some combination of Hahn/Fontaine would appear logical if a move is made.

lol no rdw a Clu is like a clue without the e cause if everyone had the e then they would have the whole Clu.........get it????  :huh:  :D

That may be...but I still think Clu is raving mad at his mommy for giving him his ugly face and a small nut sack. Everything else his poisonous soul produces stems from that. He knows its irreversible and that only multiplies his rage.

Just a theory anyway, maybe he is a just a nonrecovering assholic. In any case I pray he finds peace deep within and gets over his insecurities and desperations however many there are.

Peace.

Please people can't we just get along? My karma is all out of whack now from this terrrrrrribbbblllleee display of family anger which is like a boiling cauldron of vile and evil spite. I will meditate on this and beseech the great one for your forgiveness. Tomorrow we will kick the living daylights out of San Diego. Unless of course the planets aren't aligned properly.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest hotsoxchick1
Thanks for the insight.

I hated dealing with employment contracts (buyouts) ... they often take an inordinate amount of time to negotiate, if that's the hold up.

Some combination of Hahn/Fontaine would appear logical if a move is made.

hey no probleml, contract stuff is a pain in the hiney at times...... i heard also, that theres a fine offer on the table for the team to jr.... i only wish he takes it and runs .......right out of town.......lol......

Guest hotsoxchick1
That may be...but I still think Clu is raving mad at his mommy for giving him his ugly face and a small nut sack.  Everything else his poisonous soul produces stems from that. He knows its irreversible and that only multiplies his rage. 

Just a theory anyway,  maybe he is a just a nonrecovering assholic. In any case I pray he finds peace deep within and gets over his insecurities and desperations however many there are. 

Peace.

Brando baby, who loves ya........ :wub: ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1

Jarry Manuel

jarry manuel cant even keep things running smoothly in his clubhouse.. and you expect us to do the same here?????? lmao... ok.......no problem........i get along with everyone .............honestly i do.. once in a while though, someone causes me to take out my scissors and run with them.. other than that im a good kid.......i promise....... :rolleyes:

there was nothing wrong with what happened.

Leaving Colon in was smart, pitching to Bonds was smart, keeping him in was smart, bringing in Marte was smart.

we played to win, but ended up losing.  just the way it goes.

I'll say this.  one of the more accepting losses in a long while.

Molto, my fellow Sox fan, you have it almost right. I might have left Colon in to start the ninth, but when a man got on I think Marte should have been into pitch to Bonds (left-lefty) and remember game one when he got Bonds out. It would have been a tough choice and you can't really fault Manuel for leaving him in to face Bonds considering the 3 strikeouts. But, I can't accept we lost by giving up 6 runs in the ninth. Marte failed and Colon probably should have been taken out before the bases were loaded. Colon deserved the chance to complete the game though, but once he struggled take him out. ESPN Gammons even remarked about how simply great Colon is and they showed the 3 strikeouts versus Bonds. He said it was a shame the way it ended for Colon.

i heard also, that theres a fine offer on the table for the team to jr.... i only wish he takes it and runs .......right out of town.......lol......

I hope he runs and runs and runs... I just hope who ever buys it is not EL CHEAPO 2