New Idea for leadoff hitter next year

maggsmaggs

The more I think about it, the more I think we can't trade Dye. The guy helped to carry our team last year, was the WS MVP, and is putting up MVP-type numbers this year. Plus, he took a smaller contract to play for this team (and that's the key for me). Can we really just ship him off like that?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 11:05 AM)
IMO, not a chance, and im not really sure where this talk is coming from....

Well, I didn't bring it up, but it does have some logic to it. The guy could possibly be having a career year, something that he'll never do again. In this case, it would be selling high in order to get a stud pitcher. I just don't see it happening and I honestly don't want to see Dye go.

The point would be to get back to what brought us success in 05.... pitching. Trading away Dye would certainly downgrade our offense but if we get a top of the rotation starter and than with brandon we will be able to get rid of the 2 duds in our rotation.

Its not likely to happen but its certainly a thought KW should think of if Oswalt is on the trading block.

Saw this tonight;

Dellucci will be on the open market this offseason. In a weak field of free agents, he probably could get a two- or three-year contract worth around $4 million per season. That would be a nice pay jump from the $950,000 he is getting this year.

Do you think that's good value, would Podsednik get that much in arbitration, and which of the 2 would you prefer?