The begining of the end of the soo called...

wilmot825

Although the Sox haven;t played the best of teams recently. They have begun to show that they are still the team to beat in the AL. I think we have finally seen the real White Sox in the last few days, and the little skid is, as hawk says it..."OVA!" :gosox1:

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 04:46 PM)
The Tigers are the team to beat in the AL, we need to get that stright.

At this point last year, I was still saying the Red Sox were the team to beat in the AL. I said that until they were beaten. The team having the best record is not "The team to beat", the defending champs are.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 06:55 PM)
At this point last year, I was still saying the Red Sox were the team to beat in the AL. I said that until they were beaten. The team having the best record is not "The team to beat", the defending champs are.

It's not that they have the best record, it's that they're the best team, playing the best baseball, in the best division.

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 05:00 PM)
It's not that they have the best record, it's that they're the best team, playing the best baseball, in the best division.

And we're wearing the prettiest rings. That makes us the team to beat until we're out of it, IMO. The White Sox were the best team playing the best baseball last year, and the Red Sox were the team to beat until the White Sox did so.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 06:55 PM)

You couldn't have said that in 2004 about the Marlins, could you?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 12:00 AM)

Until the defending champ is beaten they are the team to beat... maybe not the best team but the team to beat none the less.