Irony comes back to bite lawyer in the ass.

NUKE_CLEVELAND

Of course, this a horrific tragedy for victim and her loved ones, but I had to point out this eloquent piece of journalism from this article ...

House nearly completed

Vitale had a passion for Italian architecture and culture, Horowitz said, and she was meticulously designing the couple's dream home.

The hilltop Italian villa sat atop a hill, surrounded by several acres with a vineyard. The couple lived in a two-bedroom modular home next door to the construction site, and their house was filled with files and papers related to Vitale's research and designs.

Before I comment on the "irony" of this story: this murder is disgustingly brutal. My stomach hasn't turned like this at the words describing a murder since I first read Helter Skelter.

What on Earth could compel someone to savage another human being like this?

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 10:48 PM)
http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/08/01/horowitz...fies/index.html

So what say you now Mr. Horowitz? Got any pointers for the defense team?

I don't like Horowitz at all - hell, I don't much care for defense attorneys -- but that's so utterly tasteless. But hey, at least you didn't go, "DEFENSE ATTORNEY DEFENDER OF MURDERS LOL EAT SH-T HIS WIFE'S DEAD HOW D'YOU LIKE IT GIMME A HELL YEAH!"

I really hope you aren't saying this is some sort of justice, Nuke. Criminal defendents are entitled to, and deserve, the best defense they can get. The fact that Horowitz provided that and made money off of it does not make him evil, and it certainly doesn't mean he deserved to have his wife killed.

Yeah I was hoping last night I was just tired and misinterpreted this thread.

Defense lawyers are just doing a job, many get paid well, but many do not. One of the most basic ideas of American society is "innocent until proven guilty" and that you get an attorney if you are being charged with a crime that has a potential for jail time.

If you do not agree with the system, the great part of America is that your free to leave at any time. Some European countries believe in guilty until proven innocent, perhaps that is more your style.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 10:48 PM)

How dare he try to make sure people get the Constitutional protections of a defense!

So correct. Let's have no more defense attorneys. Let's just have the state charge people and make them disappear sans real trials. I saw that ideology in some old black and white newsreels. Unfortunately I couldn't understand the narration since it was in Russian.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 03:59 PM)
How dare he try to make sure people get the Constitutional protections of a defense!

So correct. Let's have no more defense attorneys. Let's just have the state charge people and make them disappear sans real trials.

I saw that ideology in some old black and white newsreels. Unfortunately I couldn't understand the narration since it was in Russian.

I think that's the second time I've seen you use that line, and I love it all the same.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As a son of a lawyer, I can honestly say *removes insult remembering the Soxtalk policy on personal attacks*

I guess if one of your loved ones gets killed by an Iraqi or terrorist it would be "ironic" for you Mr. GI Joe???

:headshake: :rolly: :fyou :puke (insert any other removed smilie that is appropriate for this topic)

Lots of this........ :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying

The irony here is nearly perfect ( had it been someone he got off the hook that would have made it so ). Someone spends their life finding every last loophole and lying out of his ass to get criminals off the hook it is a delicious irony to have his own family fall victim to the same type of criminal scum he helped set free.