Konerko update

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 11:07 AM)
So, the lineup will probably look like...

Pods

Gooch

Pierzynski

Dye

Crede

Uribe

Gload

Mack

Anderson

I'm guessing. With Mack or Dye at DH.

Maybe Mack and Uribe flipped in that order, though.

I think I saw somewhere that he was back up at 91-92 with has fastball in his last start, instead of 86. Maybe he can get back to 94 again.

He's been A LITTLE better on the gun with his fastball lately, but he's still not throwing enough fastball, and the ones he do throw still don't exactly pass the eye test. I hope your right though, if he can get his stuff back somehow he'd be WAY better off obviously.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 11:10 AM)
He's been A LITTLE better on the gun with his fastball lately, but he's still not throwing enough fastball, and the ones he do throw still don't exactly pass the eye test. I hope your right though, if he can get his stuff back somehow he'd be WAY better off obviously.

Off topic, but Ortiz is baseball's best clutch hitter.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 11:26 AM)
Off topic, but Ortiz is baseball's best clutch hitter.

I'd rather have him up in the clutch since he's a better hitter, but in my opinion Crede steps it up more in the clutch than anybody in the game. Ortiz is just so damned good that he's always hitting if you pitch to him, the 9th or 1st or otherwise. Although I think for the most part clutch hitting is a bit of a myth, there are a few guys that step it up when it's money time, and Crede is at the top of that list.

Am I a homer? Of course, but Crede has been so money in the clutch for several years now, even when he was very young and never would hit.