bobby v!

toasty

No Thanks! Bobby sounds like an armchair manager on ESPN and the ridiculous give and take between him and Harold reynolds turns me off. The guy didn't do anything more than JM has done and maybe less considering all the talent he was supposed to have with the Mets and Rangers.

how many times do we go through this - the guy is a big mouth on tv and that makes him what, the Jerry Glanville of the MLB?

Valentine is a s*** manager.

Look it up.

1. manuel's winning percentage is better than velentine's.

2. Manuel's % of years managed to teams in playoffs is better than valentine's.

3. Valentine has never won a division title, JM has.

Those are facts.

Opinion:

4. Valentine destroyed the Mets which is why they canned him.

5. Valentine is an assshole.

6. Valentine is just another retread.

If we make a change, make it for something decent, not a has been loser.

How about me? I'll manage them for a low cost.

That should catch Reinsdorf's attention...

Would you be willing to manage for minimum wage? I'm sure the GM, whoever it is, at the end of 2003 will be crying a new team mantra..... "We had 25 cents, now all we have after no one showed up this past season to see the White Sox suck-ass is 10 cents. I CAN'T SPEND $1.00 WHEN ALL I HAVE IS $0.10!"

I don't want Bobby Valentine. From what I've read (mostly from Rex) on Wally Backman, I'd be happy if they gave him a shot. I'd still love to see Fisk get it, as long as Cooper remains pitching coach. But, the one guy who might be out there after the season is over, and I think he'd be worth waiting for, is Joe Girardi. If he hangs them up as a player, I think he'd make a great manager right now.

Who else is out there? Think "outside the box" and see if we can come up with some more good candidates.

I don't want Bobby Valentine.  From what I've read (mostly from Rex) on Wally Backman, I'd be happy if they gave him a shot. I'd still love to see Fisk get it, as long as Cooper remains pitching coach.

Who else is out there?  Think "outside the box" and see if we can come up with some more good candidates.

Yes, but has Carlton Fisk ever been considered for a managers job? Does he even want one? I liked Fisk too, but the way the game is going now I question whether some of these big stars will want to manage. They can take their inflated multi-million dollar salaries and retire at 35 to 40 years of age. They are set for life and don't need the hassle of managing.