Is Frank Back?

Heads22

He is now tied for sixth in the AL with 16 home runs (the same number as another guy down in texas pulling down $22 mil a year), and is getting his average up closer and closer to .300. (.284) His RBI's are lagging, but part of that may have to do with the all-around suckage of most of the rest of the order.

Category - AL Rank

HR- 6th (16)

RBI-36th (35)

2B-28th (15)

TB-16th (124)

BB-3rd (45)

Slg.-5th (.577)

OBP-6th(.420)

OPS-3rd (.997)

While these numbers aren't like those of the mid-nineties, he seems to be somewhat climbing back up into slugger status.

Oh, and he's fielding 1.000. :lol: I was surprised to find out his lifetime fielding average is .991

He is now tied for sixth in the AL with 16 home runs (the same number as another guy down in texas pulling down $22 mil a year), and is getting his average up closer and closer to .300. (.284) His RBI's are lagging, but part of that may have to do with the all-around suckage of most of the rest of the order.

Category - AL Rank

HR- 6th (16)

RBI-36th (35)

2B-28th (15)

TB-16th (124)

BB-3rd (45)

Slg.-5th (.577)

OBP-6th(.420)

OPS-3rd (.997)

While these numbers aren't like those of the mid-nineties, he seems to be somewhat climbing back up into slugger status.

Frank is the man.

I don't know if this will last, but this is as hot as he's been since 2000. He hit well at the end of '02, but his power numbers were not this high then.

Whether he's "back" or not remains to be seen, but I for one am enjoying this immensely.

Frank is actually playing in the field instead of just waiting for his turn to bat. It's no wonder he's picking it up. He just wants to be involved in the play more than just four or maybe five times a game. He has played better when he's at 1B in the past, so I'm glad that Jerry Manuel has FINALLY gotten the clue to play him more there, since Konerko's sucking up this joint. I do, in fact, feel that the Frank we grew to like in the 90s is coming back into form. Gazing into his eyes right before he drilled that home run into the Sox bullpen in the 8th inning, I saw the hunger that is built inside of him. He's gonna kick major ass now that he feels he's a real part of the game. Let's just hope that Manuel keeps him at 1B.

Frank has always been an adequte to good fielder (not great, but good enough). I am very happy to see him playing 1st everyday. He certainly looks happier - as well as is hitting happier!

CK, that was an awesome blast

and the key to 2000 IMHO, that so often when the other team scored on us, we came right back and scored on them and Frank was usually a part of that.

I see that happening again of late. Loaiza has been down two games in a row 2-0 after the 1/2 inning and we have won both games - we trailed today - we've been coming back not often enough (Wednesday and Thirsday) but far more than we were earlier on.

Frank belongs at 1st. He's happy and we are happy.

I understand he is just DHing tomorrow and PK is playing 1st but the intent is to rest Frank one day after all these days of being on the field after he hasn't been for a while and then he'll be back at 1st against Boston.

Frank is actually playing in the field instead of just waiting for his turn to bat.  It's no wonder he's picking it up.  He just wants to be involved in the play more than just four or maybe five times a game.  He has played better when he's at 1B in the past, so I'm glad that Jerry Manuel has FINALLY gotten the clue to play him more there, since Konerko's sucking up this joint.  I do, in fact, feel that the Frank we grew to like in the 90s is coming back into form.  Gazing into his eyes right before he drilled that home run into the Sox bullpen in the 8th inning, I saw the hunger that is built inside of him.  He's gonna kick major ass now that he feels he's a real part of the game.  Let's just hope that Manuel keeps him at 1B.

heather-he's not back yet.........

He's just doing a flawless impersonation of his old self! :P

K-Y

Two tailgaters go round the outside,

Round the outside, round the outside

Guess who's back, back again

Hurt is back

Tell a friend

Guess who's back,

guess who's back,

guess who's back,

guess who's back

guess who's back,

guess who's back,

guess who's back!

He created a media monster, cuz nobody wants

To see Frank no more

They want Hurt on chopped liver

Well if you want Hurt, then this is what he'll give ya....

50 home runs and an MVP sticker

Some concourse shots that'll jump start your heart quicker

than a shock when you get shocked at U.S. Cellular

by the rest of the Sox who will co-operating

When Frank's rockin the Cell and the Sox operatin (hey!!)

You waited this long, now stop debating

Cause Frank's back, Twins on the rag and ovu-lating

I know that you got a job Mariotti

but our 2003 Sox will be complicating

So the Tribune Comp. won't let Frank be

or let Frank be he, so let me see

They try to shut us down in the MLB

But Frank will lead us, in our victories.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well if frank is back then good for him and better for us... the only thing i fear is once the interleague play is done he goes back to riding pine in the dh spot and returns to the frank of the past few seasons... what a waste that would be.............

well if frank is back then good for him and better for us... the only thing i fear is once the interleague play is done he goes back to riding pine in the dh spot and returns to the frank of the past few seasons... what a waste that would be.............

That's when JM should get the axe. If he takes Frank off the field like that and Puts PK back in after we go play the Cubs. He's gotta play his hot hand, and Frank sure as hell is that.

HEAR ME ON THIS, JERRY!!!

Guest hotsoxchick1

heather granted i would rather see frank at 1st as opposed to paulie but after the interleague play is done i have a feeling we will see dauber there moreso than frank.....paulie may be out of things by then.....or sharing the dh duties with frank to give frank a day off here and there.........of course they all can be gone by the end of the all star break........ :o

I sure f***in' hope so. That HR he hit was f***ing HUGE !!!!!  :headbang

no s***! when he came up to the plate, i had a feeling that a HR was coming. next thing i know, i look up at the TV and frank is rounding the bases and fireworks are going off. that was freaking awesome!!

That's when JM should get the axe.  If he takes Frank off the field like that and Puts PK back in after we go play the Cubs.  He's gotta play his hot hand, and Frank sure as hell is that.

HEAR ME ON THIS, JERRY!!!

Jerry has always said he will play the hot hand and if that is true, Frank will play 1B as long as he is hot.

heather granted i would rather see frank at 1st as opposed to paulie but after the interleague play is done i have a feeling we will see dauber there  moreso than frank.....paulie may be out of things by then.....or sharing the dh duties with frank to give frank a day off here and there.........of course they all can be gone by the end of the all star break........ :o

Frank is still playing 1B even though they are at home where the DH is used so i dont see your point.

HEy cluj, i said that, because  i think he will play DH in 3 of 10 games that we played. He will put PK in 1B in today's game, and will continue to do this if Frank continues to hit.

Nah, I disagree. Over this 2-3 week span, PK has only been at 1B 1 game I think, and Sunday's game will make it 2.

Like JM said, Frank's 35, and could use a rest once a week or so. I don't have a problem with that.

Just read something funny on ESPN.com about Frank...

Where Thomas once punished lefthanders, he now seems tentative against them

His stats vs. lefties this season are as follows...

25 for 61 (.410 avg), 6 HR, 13 RBI, .538 OBP, .836 SLG, 1.374 OPS

Yeah, he's tentative alright

Category - AL Rank

HR- 6th (16)

RBI-36th (35)

2B-28th (15)

TB-16th (124)

BB-3rd (45)

Slg.-5th (.577)

OBP-6th(.420)

OPS-3rd (.997)

Oh, and he's fielding 1.000.  :lol: I was surprised to find out his lifetime fielding average is .991

Just want to address this since no one else did. The reason Frank is lacking in RBI's is because he is still only hitting .229 with RISP and 12 of his 16 HR's are of the solo variety. In fact if you break down his RBI's it is kind of interesting; 12 have come on solo HR's, 12 have come RISP, and 11 have come with a runner on first. So 23 of his RBI (or 2/3's of them) have come WITHOUT RISP. That tells me he is still having problems in the clutch but is really hitting well with no pressure.

Just want to address this since no one else did.  The reason Frank is lacking in RBI's is because he is still only hitting .229 with RISP and 12 of his 16 HR's are of the solo variety.  In fact if you break down his RBI's it is kind of interesting; 12 have come on solo HR's, 12 have come RISP, and 11 have come with a runner on first.  So 23 of his RBI (or 2/3's of them) have come WITHOUT RISP.  That tells me he is still having problems in the clutch but is really hitting well with no pressure.

Yes, let's continue the negativity even with our best player ever starting to look like the guy we've come to know and love.

Look, Frank's been hot lately, and the reason he doesn't have more RBI is because the main 2 guys hitting in front of him for the past 2-3 weeks have been ice cold (Jimenez and Valentin). If they start getting on base for him, his RBI numbers will only go higher. He got off to a poor start with RISP, so it'll take some time to bring those numbers up to a respectable level.

I'm really glad to see Frank getting his swing back. I'll admit i've ripped him apart the last few years, but i was real happy to see the curtain call last night. Frank has really gotten the shaft from the local and national media when compared to Sosa. Look at all the crooked s*** sosa has been involved in. Money mising from his charity, that was swept under the carpet, leaves 20 grand in a hotel that was meant for something illegal . vanished story , steroid use, that was swept away, Sosa always blows off conventions, shows up late to ST. And the corked bat................ What has Frank really done beside stiff teh media because they were looking for material to rip him? The guy has never cheated and has been a stand up guy in baseball . Only flaws he's had is the few off years because he thinks way too much . It's good to see Frank getting the repect he deserves. And Jerry better keep him at 1st! :cheers