Speculation about Pods

Al Lopez's Ghost

well he hits 6th. I don't really consider that middle of the order although its tecnically the end of the middle. It should also be noted that he has a career year and his OBP is below what I believe to be the MLB average (340). Again, if you sign him long term that means that 7 years from right now, you would be paying him around $11 million dollars. Does that seem wise to you? Crede has been wonderful this year, I'm just talking about beyond this year when organizing and constructing this team

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 01:10 PM)
Again, if you sign him long term that means that 7 years from right now, you would be paying him around $11 million dollars. Does that seem wise to you?

No, it honestly doesn't. Every point you've brought up has been very good.

Sure Crede's had a breakout year, but he's also had mad protection in the lineup, and he's getting to the years in his career where his play can start to dictate his yearly income. I've heard(read) nothing but good things out of Crede's mouth about staying in Chicago and how Boras won't dictate where he goes, but at this point in time, Boras is still his agent, and he hasn't fired him yet.

His back is a major concern also. How many great, diving stops can one bad back take?

I love Crede to death, he's easily one of my favorite players on this team, and while he brings something to the table on both sides of the ball, I'm not sure he's really a guy you can build a team around, regardless of the condition of his back. If he were willing to do it 4 years at a time, I'm sure something could be worked out, but anything beyond that is sketchy at best.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 03:54 PM)
Sure Crede's had a breakout year, but he's also had mad protection in the lineup, and he's getting to the years in his career where his play can start to dictate his yearly income. I've heard(read) nothing but good things out of Crede's mouth about staying in Chicago and how Boras won't dictate where he goes, but at this point in time, Boras is still his agent, and he hasn't fired him yet.

Chris Widger, Sandy Alomar, Alex Cintron, Juan Uribe, and Brian Anderson are "Mad protection"? It's not like he's hitting 2nd in this lineup.

I agree that Pods won't be back next year - primarily due to his defense. I think the Sox are pretty happy with his offense.

I don't think that Fields will be our LFer next year. I think that he either starts the season in Charlotte or he is traded.

I don't think the Sox go after Juan Pierre. I think Anderson and Dye are set in the OF.

I'm not sure what they'll do about replacing Pods but I would be surprised if they moved Uribe - although they do like Cintron.

I wouldn't be surprised see KW make a move for Carl Crawford.

QUOTE(WHITESOXRANDY @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 03:57 PM)
I agree that Pods won't be back next year - primarily due to his defense. I think the Sox are pretty happy with his offense.

I don't think that Fields will be our LFer next year. I think that he either starts the season in Charlotte or he is traded.

I don't think the Sox go after Juan Pierre. I think Anderson and Dye are set in the OF.

I'm not sure what they'll do about replacing Pods but I would be surprised if they moved Uribe - although they do like Cintron.

I wouldn't be surprised see KW make a move for Carl Crawford.

I agree randy. Crawford plays stellar defense and IMO is the best leadoff hitter in the game. He steals +50 a year and so on. KW can package a HUGE deal to TB for him. He can offer Sweeney/Fields, Garcia/Vazquez, Pods and maybe a mid level minor league pitcher for him.