Ozzie confronts the cheating allegations...

RX Bandits

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 04:14 PM)
Again though, he makes some comments that just don't need to be made. There's no reason to make fun of Mulder, who was injured, the way he did. Someone might want to remind Ozzie that he wasn't a HOF SS.

I think someone missed the point...

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 07:49 PM)
There was nothing said about Mulder in that article. Do you have a link for the piece that you're referring to?

Sorry, I just figured it was the same article from the Tribune in which Ozzie made fun of Mulder.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 03:49 PM)
There was nothing said about Mulder in that article. Do you have a link for the piece that you're referring to?

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-ssep20.html

''[Cardinals starter Mark] Mulder wouldn't even make my team,'' Guillen said. ''He couldn't start for us, and he's not better than [Neal] Cotts or [Matt] Thornton in our bullpen.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 08:28 PM)
Like always I dont really disagree with Ozzie but these are things that dont really need to be addressed in these tyrades. I could understand him getting frustrated by being accused of cheating by a few people.

I guess it's ok for Buehrle to accuse of teams/pitchers of cheating, but it's not ok for other teams to say that about us.

Ozzie's racial comments were absurd. They can't stand the fact a Latino kicked their tail? Are you kidding me?

I've often wondered if Ozzie isn't playing too close to the vest the minority card and now Ozzies calling out Mark Buehrle, while seemingly always coddling Vazquez in the press may be starting to make sense.

Ozzie got a job even though he lacked a lot of experience. Had Ozzie been a bench coach for 10 years or had management experience or had won a world series and was passed over for our job two years ago for a white guy with the limited experience Ozzie had I wonder if Ozzie would have thought it racism?

The guy is a loose canon and must not be very bright either. That all being said, I am with Kenny Williams on Ozzie...the game needs people like Ozzie and I AM GLAD he is our manager.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 03:55 PM)
I guess it's ok for Buehrle to accuse of teams/pitchers of cheating, but it's not ok for other teams to say that about us.

not so fast, buehrle was called out on that by a lot of st.com posters including me.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 09:46 PM)
Ozzie is becoming really really annoying.

JMO, of course.

He has to realize that no one is saying this stuff due to what ethnicity he is....he's the MANAGER OF THE CHICAGO WHITE SOX! Once again, he makes immature comments and forgets he has to show some professionalism. I can just imagine what would happen if someone like Joe Torre said a comment about people saying stuff about him due to being white.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 04:46 PM)
Ozzie is becoming really really annoying.

JMO, of course.

Winning fixes everything.

As far as the tigers claim the sox were stealing signs because Thome took four straight fastballs is lame. Last I checked, baseball is all about the hitter figuring out what the pitcher is going to throw.