White Sox @ Tigers, 7:05pm CT

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 07:08 PM)
Random, but I hope our NW Indiana posters are alright. All kinds of tornadoes and stuff over there.

Hmmm I just woke up to see this ahaha. All my friends away messages are saying stuff like "tornadooo ahhh".

Going to my basement. bye guys.

6 runs should be enough to win with an average pitching staff. I was in Detroit last night. Buerhle was horrible, and Detroit fans do not like Maggs, especially when he lost one in the lights and had the ball bounce off his ass. They did offer their support when he made a nice catch later. Its a shame the Sox were able to get the tying run to the plate, but had Alomar bat even though a left hander was on the mound. I think any of the Sox lefties have a better shot against Rogers than Sandy.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 12:10 AM)
6 runs should be enough to win with an average pitching staff. I was in Detroit last night. Buerhle was horrible, and Detroit fans do not like Maggs, especially when he lost one in the lights and had the ball bounce off his ass. They did offer their support when he made a nice catch later. Its a shame the Sox were able to get the tying run to the plate, but had Alomar bat even though a left hander was on the mound. I think any of the Sox lefties have a better shot against Rogers than Sandy.

Leyland did a masterful job at not removing Rogers there. He knew they had a better chance of getting out of that inning with Rogers, even if he wasn't as sharp, facing Sandy than Rodney facing one of our lefties.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 08:12 PM)
Leyland did a masterful job at not removing Rogers there. He knew they had a better chance of getting out of that inning with Rogers, even if he wasn't as sharp, facing Sandy than Rodney facing one of our lefties.

That is a great great point.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 07:12 PM)

Exactly. When I saw him coming out of the dugout, I liked the Sox chances for runs, but then I realized that Jim Leyland doesn't make silly moves like that.

QUOTE(SinkingShip06 @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 07:07 PM)
sweet. i read this site's ToS and the mods already start with the personal attacks. AWESOME SITE! and a nice way to welcome someone

This site welcomes intelligent fans, and the comment you made earlier that cause Tony's response sends a strong message that you aren't much a baseball fan.

QUOTE(joeynach @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 06:14 PM)
My friend watches the sox on directv baseball package in Colorado and said the detroit feed said thome out 4-6 weeks with hamstring strain!! This is huge we need for info pronto!!!

I didn't hear that...

QUOTE(joeynach @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 08:14 PM)
My friend watches the sox on directv baseball package in Colorado and said the detroit feed said thome out 4-6 weeks with hamstring strain!! This is huge we need for info pronto!!!

How could they make this determination so fast? I call BS on this feed....

QUOTE(joeynach @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 12:14 AM)

Yep...I'm sure they've diagnosed it 20 minutes later.

QUOTE(joeynach @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 07:14 PM)

Amazing the Detroit announcers would know Thome suffered a strain is severe enough to be out 4 to 6 weeks before any White Sox announcers do. You friend is BSing you, although I do think Thome is going to be on the shelf for a while. Hopefully no DL.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 12:14 AM)
Exactly. When I saw him coming out of the dugout, I liked the Sox chances for runs, but then I realized that Jim Leyland doesn't make silly moves like that.

I still can't believe we didn't try to actually "upgrade" our 2nd catcher position, especially considering how many tough lefties we have to face.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 12:16 AM)
Amazing the Detroit announcers would know Thome suffered a strain is severe enough to be out 4 to 6 weeks before any White Sox announcers do. You friend is BSing you, although I do think Thome is going to be on the shelf for a while. Hopefully no DL.

Considering he's missed a few series this year due to minor ailments, that injury looked like the textbook 15 day DL injury. At this point in the season, we should be thankful if Thome only misses 7-10 days.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 08:17 PM)
I still can't believe we didn't try to actually "upgrade" our 2nd catcher position, especially considering how many tough lefties we have to face.

Yea, a despicable trade....Sandy is finished and while we didn't give up Goose Goosage for him, LaMura has been very impressive in AA for both systems. A bit older, but geeze...why did we have to give up a live arm like that for a freaking guy with grandkids?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 12:16 AM)
I think that ball Young hit earlier was the hardest hit baseball I've seen all year by an opponent. And that is REALLY saying something this year.

The noise that hit made on the radio almost hurt my ears.