Sox fall to Twins again

shoota

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:59 PM)
Yep, there's no reason for his personal attack. I even advised him earlier to try and discuss things instead of not accepting other's viewpoints.

Ban my ass, I don't care. I'm tired of people defending things that aren't even close to being controversial.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 03:59 AM)
Has Ozzie FINALLY figured out that his team is sleep walking and playing with no intensity and no fire? How could it have taken him this long? Is he going to do anything about it? I think if he knew how to motivate them, he would have done so by now. He's pathetic.

Well, that starts with our "catalyst", and he's busy sleepwalking in LF. I would love to see how this team can do in a series with Mack leading off in LF and Anderson in CF.

This game was sickening, bottom line. It was a big time, SHOULD win game the way they played, and once again Ozzie's decisions caused a s***ting of the bed that will be hard to recover from given what they are up against the rest of the weekend.

His misuse of the bullpen, bulls*** pinch hitting, and downright poor managing will bring this team right into third place.

Anyone that says this loss should/could not be pinned on Ozzie needs to go back and rewatch the game, then come back and justify WHY he made some of the moves he did.....

We had this goddamn game in the bag and pissed it away.....

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:59 PM)
No, your not an idiot for not agreeing with me, your an idiot for defending our manager by saying one of the premier players in the AL hitting a 3 run homer off our 2nd worst relief pitcher is "luck".

:)

Keep with the insults, I mean it's not like I talk to the owner and admins every single day.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 04:00 AM)
Ban my ass, I don't care. I'm tired of people defending things that aren't even close to being controversial.

It's fine if they disagree....you know the rules, show a little more class. We're all pissed the Sox lost...but they'll play again tomorrow.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:01 PM)
It's fine if they disagree....you know the rules, show a little more class. We're all pissed the Sox lost...but they'll play again tomorrow.

And lose to Johan, and then get swept on Sunday since Mark Buehrle forgot how to pitch. Our season just might have died because of our manager, and people STILL love him.

2005 is OVER.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:00 PM)
Well, that starts with our "catalyst", and he's busy sleepwalking in LF. I would love to see how this team can do in a series with Mack leading off in LF and Anderson in CF.

You would think Ozzie would realize this by now, but...nah. Thankfully we won't see Pods playing tomorrow.

Does he realize he lost the game. I thought the Sox came out with alot of intensity. Even Hawk and DJ were saying that. He is throwing his own players under the bus, and he lost the game for them

I thought they looked flat after the Twins came back and tied it. THAT is when you really have to sack up, show your fire and do what it takes to win. Instead, they rolled over. They've been rolling over a lot since the ASB. The Sox got beaten by a team that simply wants it more, and plays like it.

QUOTE(UC76 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why didn't Jenks pitch the ninth?

Joe Torre woulda had him in there faster than lightning!

First of all you make the Twins beat your BEST! then if we lose then yes our BEST wasnt good enough....

Secondly if Jenks puts a zero up....then you force Garderhire to possibly bring in Nathan in a nonsave opp.

I woulda had Jenks in this game for 6 outs if the score was tied after 8 & the whole team woulda known it before the game even started....

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 04:02 AM)
And lose to Johan, and then get swept on Sunday since Mark Buehrle forgot how to pitch. Our season just might have died because of our manager, and people STILL love him.

2005 is OVER.

Let them love him...why does it matter to you if not everyone agrees with what you say? It's not like you don't have some people on here on your side anyways.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:01 PM)
Keep with the insults, I mean it's not like I talk to the owner and admins every single day.

I don't care, ban my ass. I don't care if I'm banned for not allowing people to call 3 run homers by great players luck, when it was off one of our inferior pitchers.

If you think your internet threats are going to shut me up, then uhh no.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 04:02 AM)
I thought they looked flat after the Twins came back and tied it. THAT is when you really have to sack up, show your fire and do what it takes to win. Instead, they rolled over. They've been rolling over a lot since the ASB. The Sox got beaten by a team that simply wants it more, and plays like it.

We lost all the momentum the second Gload was thrown out at home.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 04:05 AM)
I don't care, ban my ass. I don't care if I'm banned for not allowing people to call 3 run homers by great players luck, when it was off one of our inferior pitchers.

If you think your internet threats are going to shut me up, then uhh no.

My advice....go find yourself something indecent to do tonight.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, but it definitely changed the momentum in a game where Radke had nothing.

a 3rd base coach doesnt need to risk the out at home with less than 2 outs and the leadoff hitter due up! end of story! he needed to prepare his mind for the situation before it happened instead of reacting instinctively....

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:02 PM)

This game was all on OZZIE!!! It's as simple as that. They had intensity.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:04 PM)
Uh oh, message board threat!!! He knows the owner and admins!

lol, just kidding

But I do. :(

I'm not trying to get him banned, I'm trying to make it as clear as possible that making dumb statements painting me as an Ozzie apologist and coupling them with insults isn't a good combination. I've been jumping down Ozzie's throat this year, but I believe he didn't manage the game to the effect where he cost us the game.

I want Thornton to have the ball this game at the top of the sixth, lefty vs. righty be damned.

And I want Jenks up in the 9th, because he has the best chance of holding the lead.

Those two moves and I think we're looking at a winner tonight.

QUOTE(Drew @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:08 PM)
I want Thornton to have the ball this game at the top of the sixth, lefty vs. righty be damned.

And I want Jenks up in the 9th, because he has the best chance of holding the lead.

Those two moves and I think we're looking at a winner tonight.

Those go against Ozzie's way of thinking...even though they make sense...his "gut" won't let him do such things....