Sox fall to Twins again

shoota

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:07 PM)
"There was nothing wrong with the decisions in the 6th." - Rongi, sure thing Chris.

PFB is in full effect.

Ozzie could take a gun and start shooting up the crowd and he would spin it as some of those people were probably old and would of died tomorrow anyways.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's a solution: just pull Vazquez after the 5th inning if the outcome is still in doubt.

GENIUS!

It is too late in the season to have a pattern unpattern itself! Not only is JV unsure of why it keeps happening but the TWINS and every team that faces him knows they are going to get him in the 6th. I am sure that Pierzynski after he hit the homerun went over to JV and pointed his finger in his face and said "that was for you"!

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:00 PM)
Ban my ass, I don't care. I'm tired of people defending things that aren't even close to being controversial.

Dude, relax! Take a deep breath. This ain't about you. Enjoy your forum, everyone is passionate about their opinions. I got banned from the other Sox forum for taking the moderator's insults too personal. I guess since he ran the forum, he felt he could demean anyone he disagreed with. Now I just play along like a good little soldier, since I enjoy sharing my pain and angst with the rest of you. That other forum was a joke anyway. This one's pretty good, so don't f*** up and get banned.

QUOTE(Drew @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:08 PM)
I want Thornton to have the ball this game at the top of the sixth, lefty vs. righty be damned.

And I want Jenks up in the 9th, because he has the best chance of holding the lead.

Those two moves and I think we're looking at a winner tonight.

We should handle Javy just like we handled El Duque down the stretch run. The minute he shows one crack, bmac comes in the game. He is the bridge to the back end of the pen.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 04:11 AM)
We should handle Javy just like we handled El Duque down the stretch run. The minute he shows one crack, bmac comes in the game. He is the bridge to the back end of the pen.

The funny thing is that we should all stop requesting McCarthy. When Ozzie said that stuff about him not being Cy Young, it was very telling about how he views him. My personal opinion is that if it was up to Ozzie, McCarthy would have been traded at the deadline for one of his golfing buddies.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:11 PM)

This I wouldn't mind seeing from now on. Kind of like Barcelowe (haw haw Barcelo + Lowe I am funny) when Manuel was managing. Vazcarthy sounds good to boot.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 04:12 AM)
This I wouldn't mind seeing from now on. Kind of like Barcelowe (haw haw Barcelo + Lowe I am funny) when Manuel was managing. Vazcarthy sounds good to boot.

Barcelowe was a great combination. Thanks for bringing that up...good memories.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:14 PM)
Their screener just hung up on me. I asked if I was going to be allowed to ask a real critical question or would Bagdad Bob get all mad at me if I put frown in his happy loss post game palooza.

ROFL.....

Fantastic....

I love listening to Rongey scramble...this show is the OPPOSITE of the no-spin zone.

QUOTE(cgaudin @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:18 PM)
We got no chance tomorrow, but they still have to play the game. Hope for Santana to sprain his wrist while he's shaving or something. We got no clue how to hit this guy.

Heh, Radke had a partially torn rotator cuff and you saw where that got us :)

QUOTE(cgaudin @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 04:18 AM)
We got no chance tomorrow, but they still have to play the game. Hope for Santana to sprain his wrist while he's shaving or something. We got no clue how to hit this guy.

If you're feeling down or gloom....just keep this in mind: we're one game closer to hopefully seeing the end of the Pods and Garcia era.

Speaking of Sean Lowe, Jerry Manuel's use of him in 2000 was the blueprint of how to use a good long man. Lowe was nails and Manuel recognized his success and relied on him. It worked out great.

Ozzie, OTOH, doesn't recognize McCarthy's talent, or does recognize the talent but doesn't use him because he's avoiding a starting pitching controversy with one of his Latin boys, and the team suffers from this decision.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:14 PM)
Their screener just hung up on me. I asked if I was going to be allowed to ask a real critical question or would Bagdad Bob get all mad at me if I put frown in his happy loss post game palooza.

You have to give the screener a bogus topic to discuss and then ask Rongey your real questions.

The way we should approach him for a game. Is to try and take his fastball into right. If you do happen to get the change, with you trying to hit the ball to right you may stay back enough on the change to put it in play fair. Just going up there confused and looking for a pitch to park is not a way to beat this guy. Other teams have put runs up against this guy, he is not superman.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:19 PM)
You have to give the screener a bogus topic to discuss and then ask Rongey your real questions.

I couldnt help myself.

They sure as hell better not be saying they have no chance vs Santana tomorrow because if they don't win this series were in deep s***.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 04:20 AM)
The way we should approach him for a game. Is to try and take his fastball into right. If you do happen to get the change, with you trying to hit the ball to right you may stay back enough on the change to put it in play fair. Just going up there confused and looking for a pitch to park is not a way to beat this guy. Other teams have put runs up against this guy, he is not superman.

I couldnt help myself.

I always enjoy Konerko's ABs against Santana. BTW, the more I watch Gload bat, the more I'm convinced we've wasted his abilities this year. Considering how bad Pods is defensively, there's no way Gload can be worse than him out there. I'm 100 pct sure that Gload has more infield hits than Pods this season in 1/4 of the ABs.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 04:21 AM)
Does anyone think 20 wins in the last 34 is possible for this team? That's what it's going to take to get into the playoffs, at least.

Not if the Twins have a rotation of Santana....and pray for rain. I'm calling this right now...Sunday is the turning point of our season one way or another.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:20 PM)
They sure as hell better not be saying they have no chance vs Santana tomorrow because if they don't win this series were in deep s***.

The score will be 1-1 in the 8th inning and Ozzie will use Cotts out of the pen with a man on third because the batter is Jason Tyner and he is a lefty. Bmac and Brian are playing cards in the bowels of the stadium in Ozzie detention.