Walker Has Got to Go!

soxfan72

If you go back to May, you'll find me asking what the Hell Greg Walker was doing to earn his money.

He's earned it since. Crede has finally learned how to hit. Anderson has finally learned how to hit. Uribe got his average out of the toilet. Dye, Konerko have both managed to avoid getting into anything resembling a prolongued slump. AJ has spent most of the season going the other way.

Beyond that, there have been plenty of games where the Sox have come in and clearly had an excellent plan for how to deal with pitchers, and that's the work of the hitting coach too. I think the best example of one of those games was the game against Halladay.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 05:53 PM)
If you go back to May, you'll find me asking what the Hell Greg Walker was doing to earn his money.

He's earned it since. Crede has finally learned how to hit. Anderson has finally learned how to hit. Uribe got his average out of the toilet. Dye, Konerko have both managed to avoid getting into anything resembling a prolongued slump. AJ has spent most of the season going the other way.

Beyond that, there have been plenty of games where the Sox have come in and clearly had an excellent plan for how to deal with pitchers, and that's the work of the hitting coach too. I think the best example of one of those games was the game against Halladay.

I just find it hillarious that after yesterday's game, Walker was the person who had a "Fire" thread about him, and not some of the other legitimate culprits.

Someone mentioned the turnaround of Brian Anderson. That was Walker, pure and simple. He has brought his hands in that allows for quicker time to adjust his swing when coming through the zone. That's what good coaches do... and Walker has done that. He's not going anywhere.

How about those pitchers start earning their paycheck?!??! (Milkman's going to love me here, :lol: )

QUOTE(soxfan72 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 12:01 AM)
Santana. Be afraid.

Edited to say, no evidence? Here it is again:

"With the best offense in baseball this team should be blowing the Twins in to the weeds. This team was built on hitting. Who have we blown away lately? Who have we blown away all year except for a young Tigers team????"

I give up.

Please stop, you are digging yourself a deep hole here.

It absolutely boggles my mind people actually think the White Sox hitting coach needs to be shown the door. If Greg Walker is doing a bad job, what's Don Cooper doing besides stealing a check? At least the hitters have performed better than anyone could have hoped this season. The pitchers have a collective ERA equal to the Cleveland Indians, and look at their record. FYI I don't blame the pitcher's inability to consistently pitch good games on Cooper. I think he's a good pitching coach who people gave way too much credit to last year.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 02:34 PM)
It absolutely boggles my mind people actually think the White Sox hitting coach needs to be shown the door. If Greg Walker is doing a bad job, what's Don Cooper doing besides stealing a check? At least the hitters have performed better than anyone could have hoped this season. The pitchers have a collective ERA equal to the Cleveland Indians, and look at their record. FYI I don't blame the pitcher's inability to consistently pitch good games on Cooper. I think he's a good pitching coach who people gave way too much credit to last year.

Of course apparently the Indians rotation is amongst the best in baseball, the problem with the Tribe is there pen which is absolutely brutal. That said the Tribe has a good offense yet somehow us with our offense has been able to put together a far better record (like you said DA).

QUOTE(shoota @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 06:17 PM)

I don't understand how you could be dissatisfied with Walker, but be in love with Cooper. A coach can only do so much. The White Sox have had a pretty incredible offensive season. The supposed inconsistency is a mirage. They have only scored less than 3 runs in a game 20 times. At the same point last year, they had scored 2 or less runs 33 times. Last year they won 11 of those games and this year only 2. The pitching and to a lesser extent the defense has really been bad. I agree with the above post, the one coach that needs to be reassigned is Cora. Too many horrible and stupid decisions IMO.