And that's a white sox loser

Balta1701

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SinkingShip06 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 10:20 PM)
Pitching, defense, fundamentals, productive outs, spot on managing...

:crying

liriano and radke (who was like 8-1 in his previous 9 before garland beat him) had something to do with that, without those two guys the twins could be in trouble

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 03:20 AM)
When you talk about playing with intensity, 2 plays immediately come to my mind.

1. Luis Castillo's ground ball to Iguchi off of Jenks in the 9th. Iguchi charges, but not hard/fast enough, and Castillo is close enough to be called safe.

Iguchi looks incredibly fatigued. He just doesn't seem to have a lot of energy at the plate or in the field.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 03:21 AM)
liriano and radke (who was like 8-1 in his previous 9 before garland beat him) had something to do with that, without those two guys the twins could be in trouble

What's the word on Radke?

I get to see this train wreck up close tomorrow. Hopefully they get a win to salvage the series. Why do we drop our pants every year, except last year, bend over and take it from the twinks past the asb. We just lost our 3 last series to them. Including a sweep. We are looking at another sweep here.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 03:23 AM)
id guess not good.....but thats just a guess...he had nothing in that last game, and hes already said that he's retiring next year

I heard Gardenhire pulled him due to being ineffective, and not cause of his injury. We have to remember that the radar gun was way down last night, so his velocity wasn't as bad as it seemed.

QUOTE(cgaudin @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 03:24 AM)
We had a season similar to this one. It was 2004.........'nuff said.

And 2003

QUOTE(cgaudin @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:24 PM)
We had a season similar to this one. It was 2004.........'nuff said.

2006 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2004 in terms of heartbreak and disappointment. 'nuff said.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:10 PM)
Singleton said Gload was playing up on that Punto liner, defending a bunt. With 2 outs? I understand it is a possibility, but it would be hard to lay down a soft bunt off Thornton.

Chalk this up to Oz as well. A player doesn't make the call to do this on his own with two outs, especially a bench player.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 03:23 AM)
I get to see this train wreck up close tomorrow. Hopefully they get a win to salvage the series. Why do we drop our pants every year, except last year, bend over and take it from the twinks past the asb. We just lost our 3 last series to them. Including a sweep. We are looking at another sweep here.

Are you forgetting getting swept by the Twins at the Cell int he 2nd half of last year? We lost games in a similar fashion vs them then.

Phone busy on my first try.

First caller into the PFB show thinks that Ozzie made all the right moves last night. Shockingly he gets through.

Someone gives PFB a tug on the nuts, and he is the skype caller of the show. Wow that was quick. He usually saves that for his more negative callers.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 03:26 AM)

First caller into the PFB show thinks that Ozzie made all the right moves last night. Shockingly he gets through.

Someone gives PFB a tug on the nuts, and he is the skype caller of the show. Wow that was quick. He usually saves that for his more negative callers.

Did his name start with j, and end with t?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 10:26 PM)

That's going to be a pretty cranky show and rightfully so.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 03:28 AM)
LOL once again Rongey sets a new bar for stupid remarks, " I don't think Contreras had a terrible start, yes a bad one, but not terrible."

It wasn't that bad. He only gave up 5 runs in his start. That's about average for everyone besides Garland lately.

Ozzie says it didn't get real bad until the second inning and they need a little winning streak and hopefully they can play a little better.

The sox took some good swings vs their pitchers, but we still lost.

We cannot continue to give up bases because we cannot afford to do that and we need to get better.

He expects Contreras to do better and he's worried about him. He says he needs to step it up.

Ozzie Guillen, We battled. Hopefully we play better. I love the way we played today. The game didnt finish the way we wanted to. No s***

Scott Merkin or some throws up a softball question, do you feel proud to be part of such a great game.

Eat s***.

Now ozzie is worried about Contreras. Jose has to pitch better. No s*** Ozzie.

No one asks the question about bmac. what a bunch of goofs, media bulls***. Are they upset and worried that the sox will cut off their food spread at the park if they ask a tough question.