9/7/06 Game Thread

MHizzle85

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 02:27 AM)
Uribe and Anderson back to back is a toxic cocktail.

The west coast trip will render that fact pointless. We'll be facing scrubs while they set their rotation for the playoffs.

I'm eagerly looking forward to next week. It should be fascinating baseball. Hopefully, the good posters will come into the game threads, and the fair-weather fans will stay out.

Great, another Sox hitter in the leadoff spot that looks at strike 3. I know Sweeney's a rook but common baseball knowledge tells you when the count's 1 - 2, you can't look to walk anymore.

Edited by Allsox

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 09:29 PM)
I'm eagerly looking forward to next week. It should be fascinating baseball. Hopefully, the good posters will come into the game threads, and the fair-weather fans will stay out.

I came to the conclusion that Pods definitely is better than Grady Sizemore. I am now a good poster.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 02:30 AM)
I came to the conclusion that Pods definitely is better than Grady Sizemore. I am now a good poster.

Careful, you never know who is cherry-picking your posts to then make a definitive statement. If you're lucky, you'll get an LOL!

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 07:29 PM)

got that right. I'll be at the games, so bad posters like moi will be off the boards. Why in the world I bought tickets and booked a trip to the Bay in advance I'll never know. But I'm on the hook.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 09:31 PM)
Careful, you never know who is cherry-picking your posts to then make a definitive statement. If you're lucky, you'll get an LOL!

I'd also want Buerhle on the mound any day instead of Johan Santana. I'm starting to think I may be too good a poster to post on gamethreads.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 02:31 AM)
got that right. I'll be at the games, so bad posters like moi will be off the boards. Why in the world I bought tickets and booked a trip to the Bay in advance I'll never know. But I'm on the hook.

To be honest, you're one of my favorite posters who I frequently get into debates with.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 02:35 AM)
Thank God Ozzie keeps f***ing with the lineup since game 2 of the year so he can keep our guys rested for the playoff run. Any day now he will start to play the everyday guys. Any f***ing day now he will go for it.

I can't wait for someone to say we're getting unlucky with injuries.

If Neal's not careful, he might find himself as one of those lefty journeymen who spends a lot of time going back and forth from the minors to the majors, and vice versa.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 09:37 PM)
I can't wait for someone to say we're getting unlucky with injuries.

If Neal's not careful, he might find himself as one of those lefty journeymen who spends a lot of time going back and forth from the minors to the majors, and vice versa.

Now why with boone logan and his 94-95 mph fastball would anybody put Neal Cotts into a game.