9/7/06 Game Thread

MHizzle85

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 01:25 AM)
Bears start on sunday..........

I'm so excited that there's only 22 more leadoff, first inning outs we have to watch this season.

This Indians team, with a healthy Hafner, is much better than us right now. If only Pods could really be better than Sizemore.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 01:27 AM)
After last year, I never thought I was going to have the feeling of the Sox being down by 4 early and really not having a shot.

Once again, these guys just look dead.

It's astonishing how consistently bad our starting pitching has been this season. You'd think they'd luck into a stretch of an entire week of good pitching. Instead, they can't go more than 3 games without someone have a terrible start. Our starting pitching is one of the most underachieving core group of players I can remember.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 08:27 PM)
After last year, I never thought I was going to have the feeling of the Sox being down by 4 early and really not having a shot.

Once again, these guys just look dead.

Tony they are home. Its warm out. The ball flys out in the summer, and the softball team knows this. So every single one of them are trying to hit every single ball on the Dan Ryan. Team ball is over. Its all about stat padding, and Earl Weaver baseball.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 08:25 PM)
Maybe because all of our hitters pretty much do it, and I am sure that the coach that would have this sit down talk preaches it. Lift and Pull.

Thank God ozzie keeps Mark in. His back deserved an MRI, but he still starts tonight. What a smart smart man this Ozzie Guillen is.

I don't think it's his back. He's just bad.

The thing that I don't get is that Cliff Lee looks TERRIBLE, and the umpire has a very small zone. How many pitches are we going to pop up because we're getting underneath the high fastball? Of course, this lineup tonight didn't have much of a chance of having a good offensive night.

Nice scoop Iguchi

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 09:30 PM)
The thing that I don't get is that Cliff Lee looks TERRIBLE, and the umpire has a very small zone. How many pitches are we going to pop up because we're getting underneath the high fastball? Of course, this lineup tonight didn't have much of a chance of having a good offensive night.

Nice scoop Iguchi

This will be a 6 or 7 run game when the Sox bat.