Trade talk

southsider2k5

I saw that earlier, and I don't think we're out of it yet. One trade, IMO, can push us over the top, whether it be for a good lead off hitter(Pierre, Lofton), or a good LH bat in the middle of the order(Beltran, Drew, Giles).

Assuming we are out of it....then I can see what they have happening happen.

I saw that earlier, and I don't think we're out of it yet.  One trade, IMO, can push us over the top, whether it be for a good lead off hitter(Pierre, Lofton), or a good LH bat in the middle of the order(Beltran, Drew, Giles).

WSF- I agree, I say that we get Pierre and a couple of relievers from Florida over here. Rick White and Gary Glover are not the answer this year, we need to get a couple more quality arms if we want to get back into this race.

CWSOX45

I really like drew and i wish we could get him.  I'm not sure what we'd have to give up for him but I'm sure it would be garland and someone else.  He's a bat that we could really use in our lineup right now

Lets not trade Garland just yet.

I think Drew could be had for someone other than Jonny boy.

From yahoo:

White Sox: Once they concede, one agent expects them to reduce their payroll by as much as $20 million. Trading Colon, left fielder Carlos Lee and shortstop Jose Valentin would do the trick.

Again, the LUV FEST continues with SLOWNERKO!

Get this damn waste of space off this team now!

Not only that, but the claim is stupid.

mid-season savings:

Colon 4.5mil.

Val 2.5mil.

Lee 2.25mil.

Total: just shy of 10mil.

None of these guys are signed for 2K4.

Our fav masocist is an espn insider now & posted an article on Boston's needs & how the SOX can filly them.

Essentially Colon & Gordon to the RED SOX for Fossum & a pkg.

What do you think?

I think any unloading of Colon should be saddled with SLOWNERKO.

From yahoo:

White Sox: Once they concede, one agent expects them to reduce their payroll by as much as $20 million. Trading Colon, left fielder Carlos Lee and shortstop Jose Valentin would do the trick.

Again, the LUV FEST continues with SLOWNERKO!

Get this damn waste of space off this team now!

Not only that, but the claim is stupid.

mid-season savings:

Colon 4.5mil.

Val 2.5mil.

Lee 2.25mil.

Total: just shy of 10mil.

None of these guys are signed for 2K4.

Our fav masocist is an espn insider now & posted an article on Boston's needs & how the SOX can filly them.

Essentially Colon & Gordon to the RED SOX for Fossum & a pkg. 

What do you think?

I think any unloading of Colon should be saddled with SLOWNERKO.

As long as the Sanchez kid (ss prospect) is included in any deal done for Colon I am for it. We have pitching in the system, we NEED as SS prospect big time.

I think they should wait until the as break before trading anyone. Trade value doesn't change that much from month to month. The Sox are playing better of late. They took 2 out of 3 from a very good Dodgers team. They were 1 inning away from taking 2 out of 3 from the 2nd best team in the NL. They took 2 out of 3 from San Diego. And they took the 1st game in this series. With all of their struggles the Sox are still only 6.5 games out with a big series against the Twins coming up. I think 88 games could end up winning this division. We will get a better understanding of things at the as break and if the Sox aren't 5 games or less back of the twins and/or over .500 then they should start thinging about trading veterans for prospects. I would do a colon and gordon for 2 of the following player: Nixon/Fossum/Sanchez.

I saw that earlier, and I don't think we're out of it yet.  One trade, IMO, can push us over the top, whether it be for a good lead off hitter(Pierre, Lofton), or a good LH bat in the middle of the order(Beltran, Drew, Giles).

WSF- I agree, I say that we get Pierre and a couple of relievers from Florida over here. Rick White and Gary Glover are not the answer this year, we need to get a couple more quality arms if we want to get back into this race.

CWSOX45

If we could get one of Spooneybarger or Looper from them, I'd be all for it. However, I really don't think we need to go shopping for another reliever. I feel that Almonte and Ginter can get the job done for us.

If Florida wants to, I'd definately package up White and Glover up along with Rauch for Pierre.

CWSOX45

If we could get one of Spooneybarger or Looper from them, I'd be all for it. However, I really don't think we need to go shopping for another reliever. I feel that Almonte and Ginter can get the job done for us.

If Florida wants to, I'd definately package up White and Glover up along with Rauch for Pierre.

Ginter yes, I'm not sure about my boy Edwin Almonte tho. Maybe a change of scenery would do him good in Chicago.

CWSOX45

There is more trade talk on ESPN.com but this was the only thing that had our names in it

There may have been more rumors so far involving Ugueth Urbina than any other reliever on the market. But clubs fishing for bullpen help report that the other bullpen guys currently attracting the most interest are Tom Gordon (White Sox), Curtis Leskanic (Brewers), Jason Grimsley (Royals), Mike Williams (Pirates), Buddy Groom (Orioles) and the one veteran the Tigers might be able to trade in the next few weeks -- (surprise) Jamie Walker.

CWSOX45

Ginter yes, I'm not sure about my boy Edwin Almonte tho. Maybe a change of scenery would do him good in Chicago.

CWSOX45

I got it!

Sox Send:

Ginter

Rauch

Glover

White

Marlins Send:

Spooneybarger

Looper

Pierre

Id kill for this trade! We have a good CF/Leadoff hitter and get rid of some trash. We also add 2 valuable relievers.

Well thats an awesome trade for us, but why would the Marlins trade 3 young studs for one starter with potential, a semi young reliever, and then a minor league reliever who has some talent and a bum like Rick White.

True but they are looking to JUST dumo salary! Its a possiblity!

I agree, we are far from out of it, we have to give this to at least the all-star break.

IF we were to completely collapse in the upcoming Twins series', then I'd start shopping. until then, don't end the season.

True but they are looking to JUST dumo salary! Its a possiblity!

But Spooneybarger and Looper don't make much anything and I don't think they are due to make anything.

To get Spooneybarger we'd have to give up our very best reliever prospect, imo, unless were really taking on a big contract of theirs.

I got it!

Sox Send:

Ginter

Rauch

Glover

White

Marlins Send:

Spooneybarger

Looper

Pierre

Id kill for this trade! We have a good CF/Leadoff hitter and get rid of some trash. We also add 2 valuable relievers.

Not happening.

You wouldn't give up 2 young relievers with good stuff, a cheap CFer with very good speed, for 2 bums in Glover and White, and two possible major leaguers in Rauch and Ginter.

And the Marlins really aren't dumping any salary. They are, more or less, adding salary. Pierre is dirt cheap(making $900,000 this year), Looper's making the league minimum, and Spooneybarger is making probably $500,000, tops. In return, we are giving them Rauch and Ginter, who would make league minimum if they are promoted right away, White, who is making $750,000 or so this year, and Glover, who's making like $500,000 or so. They are adding like $25,000 in salary, or something like that...not a lot, but they aren't shedding any payroll, they are adding it.

And add IRod? Are you kidding me? Wheover has caught for us(mainly Miguel) has been one of our few bright spots on the year. Why would we get an over-priced veteran to take over one of our bright spots?

I suggest we give them Jimenez as well, and we bring in Luis Castillo along with Pierre. Castillo is making around $5 mill this year....they shed some payroll....and they get Jimenez, who could actually possibly be better over time, and he is cheap as hell right now.

I believe Castillo is a FA after the end of the year, so we then don't resign him, and we actually use some justice and do something right, and give the 2B job to the best man in ST the next year....whoever plays best between Harris and Miles. Simple as that.

I want nothing to do with Kenny Lofton ever again.

This is the same guy who was traded to the Giants last year, and then came out and said that "he was glad to finally be playing for a team with a pulse" and that "he became disinterested and bored" when he was with the Sox.

The part about the Sox having no pulse may be true - but still. No more loafers on this team.

Taking IRod from them might be the incentive that the Marlins need to swing a deal.  Then we could let him walk, and Castillo too, for that matter, and load up on draft picks.

that was what the sCrubs did for several draft, i think something like 2 draft.

same with oak