Gamethread: 9/12, Sox v. Angels

Gregory Pratt

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 05:36 AM)
Is that really that bad?

I still feel like we have a chance to make the playoffs. There's no reason to state that the season is over. We'll have all offseason to reflect on what went wrong. Might as well follow the next 2 1/2 weeks of the season, and hope for the best.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 05:38 AM)
Julian Taverez, Runnynose Hernandez, anything that the Royals or Devil Rays have thrown out. None of these are good.

We've lost twice to Runelvys Hernandez, Gappard, Tavarez, Redman, Jason Hamel.

I still feel like we have a chance to make the playoffs. There's no reason to state that the season is over. We'll have all offseason to reflect on what went wrong. Might as well follow the next 2 1/2 weeks of the season, and hope for the best.

We've lost twice to Runelvys Hernandez, Gappard, Tavarez, Redman, Jason Hamel.

I always hope for the best, but expect the worse. And this team is still managing to disappoint me. :(

Classic corpseball that we have seen in past years was were we would get 1 to 3 hit through 4 or 5 innings. Now take a step back and take a look at what we have seen. How many times have we stood with either no hits or maybe 2 by the 5th inning. Either we are running into Cy Young everyday or our hitting sucks.

Obviously it doesnt look good. But you claim its a bad thing to have faith in your team.

I am upset as anyone tonight, I even said the season is over after tonight, but there is nothing wrong with a fan having faith in his team.

When did I say it was a bad thing to have faith in your team? Never. However, I think blind faith is just stupidity and isn't any good for anyone.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 12:39 AM)
Obviously it doesnt look good. But you claim its a bad thing to have faith in your team.

I am upset as anyone tonight, I even said the season is over after tonight, but there is nothing wrong with a fan having faith in his team.

With this team, this year, any faith would be blind faith. I have blind faith in nothing.